Video: Pele recreates his greatest unseen goal

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by SoccerScout, Sep 16, 2003.

1. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Here is an interview with Pele. In it you will see a computer generated goal which Pele considers his greatest ever.

In the interview Pele talks about lots of stuff, including Maradona which he says needs to be the best Argentinian before being considered best in the world.

He considers Zico to be the closest thing there has been to a Pele.

The video is shot at his NYC aprtment (Can someone Identify the loaction from the varanda shots?)

Oh..watch the clip for many many great soccer clips from the past. This is a 15 min long video at least.

Watch here:

http://pop.gmc.globo.com/webmedia/p..._ee1409_mat10_16x10_high.wmv&ext.asx&banda=bl

2. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Scout, you always post the best stuff from Brasil, and Pele was the Jah of soccer.

3. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    That was a nice link, even though I didn't understand a word said. Thanks.

That was also the most I've seen of Zico. Damn, now I see why people say he was so good.

4. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    i scored a better one than that when i was 13 but no one had a video camera ;)

seriously that was a great video scout

5. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I use to have a poster of Zico as a kid. I had no idea who he was I just wanted a soccer poster in my room.

6. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I saw this CGI video draft of his greatest goal when the report was shown on TV. It's indeed incredible.

The definitive version will be on his future biographic movie. It will be a must see.

7. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    I had the pleasure to see Zico play dozens of times on TV and in person. I hated him at the time as he was a rival but I knew he was great. Zico was tremendous. Get your hands on the Zico Movie that is out there and you will see lots lots more.

8. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Clip rough translation:

- Pele in NY walks streets to see how long it takes to recognize him. 16 seconds. Crowd gathers fast.

- Pele uses on occasion an afro and mustache as a diguise. But his laughetr in a restaurant in Afica one gave him away.

- Who was close to pele? He names many international stars, Eusebio, Distefano, Zico, Maradona, Charlton etc.. but decides on Zico as the closets, because of style.

- Say Maradona was not a complete player. A great one but not complete. No heading or left foot.

- Finding a new Pele will not happen cause God sent him and his moms factory is already closed.

- Who does he envy? Nobody but admires people like Mandela, Luselino Kubicheck (An old Brazilian President). His soccer hero that he immitated Zizinho from Santos which was ending his carreer when he started his./

- The classic Pele punch in the air started cause he was mad at the fans during that great goal and yelled at the fans and ounched in the air.

- What was a bad thing about Peles soccer? Hard to say. I corrected his biggest flaw which was hitting it with the left which he learned to do and did it well. But I had no flaws really.

- How much would you be worth today? He laughs and says easily 100 Million
    for his transfer.

- Are you cheap? No thats a bad rumour. Even my son believes the hype, but he has everything!

- I decided not to play the WC in 74 because everytime Brazil wins a WC the bad things about brazil like poverty gets swept under the rug. Thats one of the resons why I didnt play.

- It was also good for my legacy since I left the national team as a winner in 1970. People know me today because I left as a winner.

9. Emre5

Emre5 New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    chelsea,the death of
    very interesting. thanks for that translation.

10. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    GREAT! I saw the interview on Globo TV. Excelent stuff!

11. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They do this for a lot of players now. When I heard about this, I called them up and had them do one for my greatest goal as well. Here it is:

[​IMG]

12. Isisbud

Isisbud New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Encinitas
    Looks like an unbelievable goal.

But what did he say about Freddy Adu?