Victory Party - All invited - Tuesday 8/27 6PM

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Andyrey, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Andyrey

Andyrey New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Raleigh NC
    The following is a press release fom the Carolina Courage

For Immediate Release:

Courage Championship Celebration Tuesday At SAS Stadium
    Fans Invited To Welcome WUSA Champs, Get Autographs, Take Photos With Team

Morrisville, NC (August 25, 2002) As a special thank-you to its fans, the Carolina Courage is hosting a Championship Celebration on Tuesday, August 27th at 6:00 pm at SAS Stadium.

Fans are encouraged to take photographs, get autographs, and welcome home the newly crowned WUSA Champion Carolina Courage.

The Founders Cup trophy and the 2002 Regular Season Championship trophy will be on display.

Complimentary food and beverages will be provided.

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    From the Raleigh News & Observer:

Fans cheer Courage
    Mutual admiration abounds as championship team thanks supporters
    By J.P. GIGLIO, Staff Writer

3. gottarun

gottarun New Member

Jun 30, 2001
    America
    anyone from here go?

4. Klee

Klee Member

Feb 24, 2001
    Chapel Hill, NC
    It was raining pretty hard at the time I was going to drive over to Cary, so I scratched it and stayed home. According to the paper, it was still a successful celebration despite the weather. (Some rainfall is a reason for celebration itself around here this summer!)

5. Andyrey

Andyrey New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Raleigh NC
    I was there. It was great, but damp. They had 'Champion' T-shirts for sale (like the one's that the players got) and they sold out. They are going to be printing more.

I have a picture of me with the two trophies!!!!

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    What does the regular season trophy look like?

And were the Beat even awarded a trophy for winning the regular season title in 2001??? If not they should be :mad: cuz they got hosed.

7. Andyrey

Andyrey New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Raleigh NC
    I will email you a picture when I get home. It is not a 'traveling' trophy like the Cup. It is one that the team gets to keep forever.

8. Andyrey

Andyrey New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Raleigh NC
    FearM9, Since AndyMead posted the link to the pictures, there is no need for me to send you one.

9. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

10. Andyrey

Andyrey New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Raleigh NC
    regular season chammpions
    Carolina Courage

presented by
    crystal signatures inc.

I have a close up picture of the plate, but no place to post it. AndyMead, do you want it to post with your other pictures?

11. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Getting the Quintuple!!

Thanks so much for posting this Andy! After the semifinal victory over the Beat I was trying to convince Birgit Prinz that after having won the "treble" with Frankfurt and the WUSA regular season championship with the Courage, she would next be going for the "quintuple" at the Founders Cup in Atlanta.

At that time Birgit didn't think that the Courage was going to receive anything special for being the league champions so she told me that she thought that both her and Steffi Jones would instead be going for the "quadruple."

12. Andyrey

Andyrey New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Raleigh NC
    The Courage missed a great oportunity to recognize Birgit for the 'quintuple' at the celebration yesterday. They did not even mention that she won the 'treble' in Europe before coming to play in the US.

13. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Prinz's Quintuple

That is too bad that nothing was mentioned about what Birgit had accomplished with Frankfurt when she missed the first two months of the WUSA season. For what it is worth, I at least did my best to recognize Birgit for the 'quadruple' when I had the chance to hang out with her for awhile during the Courage's semifinal victory post match celebration. :)

Birgit is an awesome athlete and a truly amazing person. I was really impressed with her command of the English language and it was great to see how well she gets along with all of her Courage teammates. Carolina is very fortunate to have her for an entire season next year.

14. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And for those of you wondering who this guy is, and why there are several pictures of him throughout the game collection, he's the coach of Frankfurt.
    [​IMG]

If you want, Andy, email me the picture of the plate.

16. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Photos from Andy Reyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]