Victory Giving Up On Season???

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by ohhh_yeah, Jul 26, 2007.

1. gv689

gv689 Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Because they left, the players, does not mean theyre not professional. They had better options maybe, one that would be stable and more respectful. Players that are still on are probably looking for a way out or just waiting. Dont just hail the players that stayed as being "more" professional The situation was bad we could all see it, it was just a matter of time. Wouldnt be surprised if more players left and new ones come in. Epitie left also I guess, havent seen him. Dimitri's to blame, ALaves is what probably kept the team afloat for this long.

2. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well one thing is for sure. They're not playing like a team that's given up on the season. I'm actually looking forward to seeing them Saturday.

3. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So again gv I say to you don't come to matches, don't support the players who are here playing their hearts out, and most of all get out of the board so the rest of us can enjoy the rest of the season without listening to your constant crap. Their done thats fine but that isn't until September so thats when I will care. Until then enjoy what we have not worry about whats gonna happen.

Get your umbrellas lads the sky is falling

4. Lawman

Lawman New Member

Oct 17, 2006
    Vancouver
    Rumor has it that the team will be closing up shop at the end of the season and the players have not been paid for two months, source is from inside the Whitecaps office, this is a real bummer I hope the source is wrong.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So what about the infamous San Jose vs. San Francisco derby???

6. SL Benfiquista

Feb 11, 2006
    San Leandro, CA
    Unfortunately, the same rumors are running rampant down here. That's what I believe accounts for the disappearance of Suarez and some of the other players. The team calls it 'an injury' but I'm afraid the only thing being injured are the players bank accounts.

In addition I've also heard, from a reliable source, that the Vics have bounced some of the referee checks. That might help explain some of the bad calls, non-calls, they've been getting. Those refs are a tight knit bunch.

7. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately if these rumors are true we're not going to see it. Not with the Vics playing in it anyway. Maybe the Seals.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Funny how in the AT&T Park thread there were calls for an MLS club in SF. I don't understand why Dimitry Pitterman even bothered coming into the league if he didn't want to stay for the long haul and with this terrible marketing he put together. If I were the USL, I would have made him sign and stick to a long term agreement. Then again, rich people seem to Always find legal loopholes and have a knack and a way to break off promises and deals.

9. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to keep a guy who is broke in the league however. Alaves wiped him out pretty good. They really needed to be promoted this year, not just barely mis relegation. Hard to believe they were in La Liga not two seasons ago.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is all Terry Fissher's fault! What can you expect from a guy who loses 10-0 to the Detroit Express! hehehe!

Pitterman is broke? Now way!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Pietrman

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Piterman

11. Loop Revil

Loop Revil New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    "Indeed it was a big win for us, especially because we are battling for a final eight spot and have to take points from those other teams looking for that berth," said Victory head coach Glenn Van Straautum. "I’m very proud of how we played tonight ... Of course we continue to face big challenges on and off the field, but we are playing well and looking forward to the next few games and fighting for a chance at the post-season."

From the horse's mouth, 'nuff said. GO VICS! Let's make the playoffs!

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They could end up like the Hershey Wildcats...successfully make the 2001 final , then fold.
    [​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hershey_Wildcats

13. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I hope they make it, both the post season and to the field next season. And the coach putting on a brave and optimistic face is very admirable. I would expect nothing less from a consummate pro like Van Straautum.

14. Loop Revil

Loop Revil New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    At the end of the day, it's all about the football. That's why we are all here.

I'll get my drama from Dream Team.

15. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean soccer ;)

16. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, it's football alright! ;)

I could care less about any internal team drama and strife going on--I'll leave that up to the local media if they really want to know. Right now, the best they can do is just play at 110% and hopefully the team stays put. I'm sure it's all a strain among them with all the financial distractions going on and the uncertainty in regards to the team.

Sure, it looks rather shaky right now with the team in peril, but all I care about is seeing some football, I mean soccer.

If they do end up in the 8th spot, it could mean some extra revenue for the team and who knows.

It sure reminds me of the original Major League with the Cleveland Indians in the same boat.

17. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are finely getting it. The off field stuff is going to happen in its own time, when the season is over. For now and I mean right now we have pro footy on San Francisco and should enjoy it while it lasts. piterman bought the franchise at a time when he was certain that Alaves would be promoted, then he systematically destroyed that club and due to the financial problems there completely abandoned the Vics club. Hopefully USL can find a group interested in giving it a real try, no group has ever really come in and done a solid marketing try here in the city. Until then we support what we have.

18. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two weeks ago I had a conversation with somebody that has, let's say, an "affiliation" with the USL. This person said that they were told by the USL that the Vics would be gone at the end of the season.

19. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A real shame that if it's true. But hopefully the Vics make the playoffs. As Quakes fans know, there is something a tad satisfying about looking into the end of a team and saying, "screw it, let's win it all and go out with a bang," like the Quakes did in 05 winning the supporters shield and making the playoffs.

20. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if they are gone the 1906 will turn our efforts to the Quakes and the Seals. Sorry Frogs fans but we are an Sf based group. I am so excited about next year with the return of the Quakes and getting involved with the Ultras and the Casbah as well as spending more time working with the Seals. If it is true that the Vics are are gone and there is no longer USL D1 in the city it will be a shame but thanks to the Vics a lot of San Francisco soccer fans got a chance to meet have some great times and will continue to in whatever footy we can find in the area. Until the end Go Vics!!

21. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, it will be a real shame. I feel sorry for those fans who have shown such great support. The league should have demanded more of a financial committment from Piterman before putting a team there. My guess is that they were banking on the Quakes not returning.

22. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually on the contrary they new the Quakes would return from everything I have heard. Piterman abandoned the club when he started having financial problems in Spain. This entire outcome is all on Piterman who as of now has nothing to do with the club. Actually having a USL D1 club this close to the Quakes could be extremely helpful to the Quakes as they could have used the Vics as a type of reserve squad, by loaning players who don't play much to the Vics the guys would still be close by when recalled. It would be a great chance for bench players on the Quakes to get playing time and be ready when needed.

23. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I wish I had their crystal ball. More likely they made the statement that they are going into it with the idea the Quakes would or could come back, and plan to do what it would take to be successful if that scenario arose.

Are you saying he has nothing to with the Victory as of right now, or Alaves? (Or both?).

24. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both, he is ass out of both clubs (thankfully I have no respect for that rich piece of shite) if you look at the Vics wiki entry the new owner of Alaves is the chairman of the Vics which means that unless a new owner is found they will be one and done.

From Wiki - Chairman: Fernando Ortiz de Zarate

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why did he bother in the first place with the Victory? I'm surprised the USL didn't investigate this guy further. I'm sure if they knew this was going to be the outcome they would have never let him in the league!