Victims of a Campaign- The Other Footy Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GunneRy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zeman smacks all these dudes

2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I'm not sure of that. Look at Klopp.

He has been manager at Liverpool 7.5 years and I think he risks being sacked if this run continues.

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    BREAKING: Man City charged by Premier Leaue with numerous breaches of financial rules following a four-year investigation.
    This is unprecedented:

Man City hit with more than 100 charges of breaching rules by the Premier League.
    Possible sanctions if found proven include points deductions or even expulsion from the league.
    Story:

[emoji1630] Premier League statement confirms “Manchester City have been charged with numerous breaches of financial rules ”.

@martynziegler now reports that “Man City will not be able to appeal any sanction to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, the one which overturned the UEFA ban.

4. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If they sack klopp they are idiots

AEAAFC96 repped this.
  5. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    Despite winning 3 Premier League tiles in those 7.5 years?

6. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    No one can possibly be surprised by any of this. The question is whether there will be any punishment, either going forward or retroactively. A 10-15 point deduction this season would be massive for Arsenal's title chances, but I don't know that anything will be resolved that quickly.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  7. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    A 15 point deduction gives us the league in my opinion.

10 points makes it nearly impossible for City.

Call me skeptical, but I just don't see any punishment being handed down for this season. I expect if they do anything, its City will start next season with the points deduction.
    So they start -10 or -15.

But they have very very expensive lawyers so I feel like nothing comes of this.

8. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
  9. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They won’t be able to appeal to the CAS, it spans a decade and City have been hostile to premier league investigators. They are begging the premier league to come down really hard on them. I can see something more significant than even 15 points.

10. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anything will come of any of this. I have not talking points or real knowledge of the situation . . . just no confidence that this means anything real.

Silva 5 and Tonerl repped this.
  11. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    The whole thing is farcical but it gets the people going, personally the EPL is a joke as it is constituted and coming down on City while optimal to any Non City fan is really an indictment on the entire structure of the EPL and how ownership is done in this league but since most fans are super tribal they don't really care about the "good of the game" and want their own wealthy owner to help them win while being annoyed at wealthy owners who do the winning, and not speaking on anyone in here just speaking to the general online fan ecosystem.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  12. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    When/If they relegate City or whatever, maybe we can then try to put the toothpaste back into the tube. Whatever that looks like

13. maskito

maskito Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There’s enough $$$ in the Prem that they can sustain the league’s brand if City are dropped. So I think that option warrants consideration. Even if they don’t relegate City, a substantial points deduction seems more than appropriate.

I haven’t read all the specifics, but over 100 violations is not accidental. It’s habitual and methodical, and it needs to be properly addressed.

AEAAFC96 and NorthBank repped this.
  14. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    I was actually thinking that if PSG were a serious sporting institution, they ain't, they would go for Arteta at some point

15. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Pardon my hesitancy at anything the EPL saying to be "truth", I'm in the camp that everyone is lying. I always find it funny how protectionist people get when their kind of people are not doing as well as they would like but I'm sure that's just a mere coincidence you know how that goes.

16. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    As he should be, he's lost the plot. With that said look at City, they look meandering. The thing is that in modern football IMO you have a 5 yr window with one set of players at the core, you then must refresh or it goes all kinda sideways. Again, see City/Pool this year

17. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Like most sporting institutions in the EPL they are not smart, remember them pre Klopp?

AEAAFC96 repped this.
  18. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    City are getting this because UEFA banned them from competition, and that only got overturned due to statues of limitation. That made the premier league investigate the matter. It has nothing to do what you just said, from my understanding.

Serengeti_Boy and maskito repped this.
  19. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Football is a dirty game, I am not surprised at this but I was reading a thread by an attorney who advised City in 2007 and he stated that with the legal teams on both sides this will likely drag on for years. I expect that eventually the bigger money wins out and City will be deducted some heavy points, probably at the start of the season next year or 2024

20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I think there is a fair amount of survivor bias as few managers even see out their first contract.

in other words, he just failing in the normal ways, but with him it didn't happen until his 8th season

AEAAFC96 and DutchCane repped this.
  21. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Agreed - maybe we can get back to the fair old days where Man U simply had more money than anyone else and then Putin bought the league title LOL

22. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    They want to return to United and Liverpool, with another "old guard" club mixed in from time to time for some razzle dazzle.

23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He's just going though his once a decade emotional crisis where he binge eats pizza with Mats Hummels

DutchCane repped this.
  24. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I'm here for the chaos

25. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    City probably get out of this with a fine, and maybe some point deductions applied to the seasons in question. This probably gets tied up in court appeals forever, and by the time anything happens we will be drawing the groups for the 2026 World Cup.

Italy seems to be the only ones willing to drop the hammer on their clubs.

DutchCane repped this.