Victims of a Campaign- The Other Footy Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GunneRy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point taken. But, if true, I find that a very sad commentary on humanity.

2. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Prosecutions for rape are part of a government’s legal system. As such, any sports’ governing body will wait until the crime has been charged before taking any action. To do otherwise assumes guilt before the government even has enough evidence to charge the crime.

Gambling is legal in Britain and most of the U.S, so gambling on its own generally isn’t prosecuted by the government unless there is evidence that a player or players have been fixing games. But as @ArsenalMetro pointed out gambling by players reflects on the integrity of any sport, so sports organizations are going to take gambling very seriously, e.g. Pete Rose was never prosecuted by the government, presumably because there were never any allegations that he was fixing games. But there was evidence he was betting on baseball, so he was banned for life.

Seeing this as a very sad commentary on humanity suggests your not yet as cynical as some of us.

daedalus repped this.
  3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our women are just kicking off now against Yanited, if you’re needing your Arse fix. On Paramount+

Looks like a decent crowd at the Grove as well.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    No guys on their show ..

IMG_9916.jpg

5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32280 NorthBank, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    FT AWFC 2-3 MUWFC

40K in the stands were treated to a very crappy game by us (40% possession, 2 shots on goal, lacking urgency, GK howler, allowing 2 FK goals, poor tactics... no-one to blame but ourselves)

Credit to Yanited who clearly wanted this game more than we did and were up to the task. If there was any doubt about their challenging for the title now, today must've put that to bed.

We say goodbye to our all-time WSL record win streak at 14. But more importantly we have to figure out why we were so flat and ineffective today after the interlull.

For now we are still in 1st place but only by GD, and tomorrow that's very likely to change if Chelsea get any kind of result.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  6. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    From the Sky Sports:

“Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United by mutual agreement, with immediate effect," a club statement read:

"The club thanks him for his immense contribution across two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family well for the future
    .”

Looks like he got what he wanted from his interview with Piers. He may not get what he wants in the open Market.

Shen-O, daedalus and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  7. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Miami about to create some new rules for the MLS salary structure.

daedalus and AEAAFC96 repped this.
  8. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two things:

1. Wonder how much Ibra was paid for this stint with the Galaxy.
    2. Remember, this is the same cretin that called himself "a slave" whist Man U and Real were discussing the transfer fee. Reprehensible filth; no wonder I love Messi.

9. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Qataris because they want attention.

10. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Official Saudi Ambassador Lionel Messi

They both suck.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  11. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Apparently he wants a Champions League team, I don’t think he gets one.

daedalus repped this.
  12. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Austin FC it is.

NorthBank repped this.
  13. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Devastating, United have been forced into making the right decision

Incredible how washed Ronaldo is compared to Messi rn. And he has been for a couple years, was dog water at Juve too. All that vaunted work ethic for nothing

As for CL, Chelsea might still be dumb enough to do it. But fcuk me, imagine an Auba/Ronaldo dressing room

Shen-O repped this.
  14. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Doesn't Messi own part of Inter Miami?

15. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    Ronaldo should buy Manchester United and then sack ten Hag.

16. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    woody johnson was trying to buy chelsea, wasn't he? can he be convinced to buy united instead? can someone tell elon that united fans have insulted him and he should buy them as revenge? :D

Cop Shoot Cop and CarlosKaiser repped this.
  17. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’d fire half of the staff and try to hire software engineers to replace them. Would watch.

AEAAFC96, Quentin, Cop Shoot Cop and 2 others repped this.
  18. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    10/10. would 100% watch.

19. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could give a shit about CR7. For most of his time I've been largely neutral on him (goal scoring record notwithstanding) but in recent years I've felt he's not worth any kind of attention on my part. If I was a Yanted supporter I would wish him a very big "good riddance"

Him settling at MLS?... ugggh.

20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LFC & MUFC, the "biggest" Yank owners in the EPL have both announced in the last week or two that they're up for sale. Which makes me wonder...

1. Is this direct downstream correlation to the failure of the ESL, i.e. they don't see enough upside potential without an Americanized closed league revenue concept like that?

If so, part of me is happy that the ESL wannabes are taking a hike. And especially if they've assessed that such a league is not imminent. At the same time, I'm trepidatious that they'd just be replaced by owners with the same exact desires.

2. Does this mean that KSE, the next biggest Yank owners in the EPL might do likewise?

They were certainly along for the ESL ride, even if they weren't quite the leaders that the Glazers might've been.

21. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i mean, "biggest" by which metric?

i think so. they're used to being able to dictate the flow and sit on their investment with american sports to let the franchise value appreciate without needing to sink money into it, unlike european footie.

glazers are leverage buyers while FSG is an investment group. by contrast, the kroenkes is a single family ownership who do not need the money and can let this investment marinade and appreciate. real estate and walmart don't give no fucks about recessions or economy. i don't see it the same pushing here.

22. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I wonder if after Pools success probably didn't bring them the cash investment they wanted they are bailing.

All that time and money, they win the league and then maybe the payoff wasn't that big.