Victims of a Campaign- The Other Footy Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GunneRy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    What a save by Fabianski!

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Leeds with a late equalizer! Still alive?!!

3. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Potentially fascinating final weekend, depending on what happens tomorrow and in mid week, we can go into next weekend with a point between 1st and 2nd for the title, a point between 4th and 5th for Champions League qualification, two points between 6th and 7th for Europa League qualification and a point between 17th and 18th for relegation.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  4. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I fear Leeds missed their best chance by not winning today. Burnley with a trip to Villa then home to Newcastle, while Leeds travels to Brentford.

5. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Everton blow their final home.match vs. Brentford. Lose 2-3, finish the match with Braithwaite and Ronson picking up red cards. What a capitulation.

6. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Everton still in danger, though they do have a game in hand v Palace at home before they come to Arsenal on the last day of the season. There is advantage in this for Arsenal, if Arsenal get by Newcastle tomorrow. Everton will come into Arsenal on the back of two very emotional games and will be physically and mentally exhausted. Even if they don’t secure safety with a win v Palace, a third emotional relegation survival game in a week may be a bridge to far,

7. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    They are home to Palace on Thursday.

Having watched the game I wouldn’t call it a capitulation. They worked their socks off, won the pk to go up 2-1after they were a man down, but got stretched and gave up two goals in two minutes. They still created chances after they went behind 3-2 and it wasn’t until Rondon was sent off that the game appeared out of reach.

8. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It sounded like Everton worked hard, and I'm sure things might've been different if not for the red. But man, for both them and Leeds, how is it those players are not being more cautious about avoiding doing this to their teammates?!

9. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    The first red was denial of a goal scoring chance when the central defender bundled Toney(?) over on a breakaway just outside the box. It appeared more clumsy than a professional foul. Rondon’s was a two footed lunge in the 85th minute, trying to win the ball back.

10. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I've hated Everton since the 80s.

Hope they go down

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Same ... they are packed with nasty , nasty players

12. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The Jitty Slitter and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  13. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i mean, either way, the red is legitimate. but my question is how you can justify ajer basically trying to undress richarlison being an essential no-call.

i feel like the penalty, he awarded everton later was almost a make-up call for missing that. but it doesn't make up for everton going down 1-man.

it was clumsy but also gross. it was basically the same challenge as ayling with less of a run up (and also because rondon has lacazette-tier speed).

14. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    jesus.

on the one hand, i feel this. we had some losses and draws like this under wenger.

on the other hand, as miracle max might consider it, jose suffering is absolutely a noble cause.

15. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    When calling the foul clumsy I was referring to the denial of a goal scoring opportunity. There was really no excuse for Rondon’s foul. This is an emotional week for Everton and he let the emotions overwhelm him.

daedalus repped this.
  16. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't beat Venezia.... Mourinho - my gondolances.....

ThreeUpTop, GunnerJacket and daedalus repped this.
  17. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another week, another sale problem

18. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm... I thought Roman was not really in the driver's seat regarding the sale. But apparently the government can't actually control or dictate where the proceeds of the sale go to???

19. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I am very confused about all of this and why 1) they can’t just extend the license for a month more something to get it done and 2) why it’s taking so long. Though I guess I don’t know how long acquisitions normally take.

20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    You'll be shocked to discover that the guy from the genocidal oligarchy is not keeping to his promises of making it straightforward for the proceeds to good causes like he promised.

21. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    daedalus repped this.
  22. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I thought as Chelsea are an English "institution" and Romans name is ********ing mud right now, they could do the same, Roman gets no money because its likely ending up in Putins hands one way or another, and the sale gets done.

And that the Brit Gov could basically ******** over Roman because he was assisting an asshole who started a war with the Ukraine.

23. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    Did not see this coming

24. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call me naive, but i just think it would be in England's best interest (optics and money) to get a deal done quickly, even if they don't have full assurances the money will go to help. That or just do a complete takeover of the club (not sure if that's actually a thing).

25. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I thought this was Ronaldo's eventual destination