Vics v PRI

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by yeroc25, Jul 28, 2007.

1. yeroc25

yeroc25 New Member

May 25, 2007
    SF
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody have an update??:eek:

2. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    1-0, Islanders, final

3. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting game to say the least, good size crowd I can't wait to see the official number. The officiating was pure shite the referee was incompetent. Also there was a Demitry Piterman sighting in the press box during the game which was confirmed later. I can't believe the man had the stones to show up after the shite he is putting us through what an ass. :mad:

4. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess that confirms who owns the team now. Alaves must've just given it to him to avoid any responsibility for it. Wonder what his plans are...

5. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Piterman ehhh.... maybe the Victory are gona cling to life after all :)

6. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Appearently Pitterman was watching and a Victory would have been golden in his book.

PR scored on their only legit chance tonight, a dubious free kick at that.

But in my opinion FU to Pitterman! if he couldnt see the passion and the fun the fans were having out there tonight (even though the vics sucks sh&*t) tonight then he will never be a quality owner of any football side. FU to him and all the BS he has put the team through this season!

7. robvffc

robvffc New Member

Jun 1, 2007
    What the hell was the ref doing tonight? to say he lost the plot is an understatement.Too busy watching action off the ball.
    At least if the team breaks up next year Sanchez can get himself a job as an NFL kicker, he was been practicing field goals all night.

8. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    [​IMG]

Official Scoreboard

9. SL Benfiquista

Feb 11, 2006
    San Leandro, CA
    Official attendance came in at 1,293. I think that's the first legitimate number I've seen for matches that I've attended. Definitely the largest and most boisterous crowd I've witnessed at a Vics match.

10. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry a little worked up last night was i ;)

11. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Wow, if that's not a closely contested match, I don't know what is. For all of the Vics mishaps this year, we seem to be at about the level of the Islanders. I'll say it every single time I watch the Vics play: SET PIECES!!! Playing three in the back seems to work for us lately when the ball is in open play, however, the defending seems to completely break down everytime there is an opposing free kick. Portland scored on us three times that way in one match. Puerto Rico had a wide-open header that gave Reed NO chance. ******** counterattacks, we should just have every single player in the box during a set piece until we can learn how to defend one.

Speaking of set pieces, not only do we need to defend them, we need to use them wisely. We cannot keep kicking field goals if we want to score. Let's face it...this whole season the Vics have had a hard time creating opportunities from open play. Their best chances come off of quick passing a couple times a game and their set pieces. It is okay if we don't score every set piece, or even get a head on it, but the initial ball should:
    1) get past the first man
    2) come close to a head or the goal
    3) actually be aiming for something.

13. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    That's what stats show pretty much: Victory made 10 shots, Islanders made 0 saves ('cause they didn't have to).

Can we get a striker (the one who only knows how to receive a pass, and then shoot, but knows this well) on loan?