VfB Stuttgart- 06/07 thread #3 (R)

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Dead Fingers, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Alves would be a brilliant signing if we could land him! I think at this time we probably do have enough to get him, and it would be real achievement if he joins us imo :)

2. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrat for Stuttgart the hero! they deserve the title .. Hopefully they will do the same in the UEFA! Best luck for all you stuttgart fans!

3. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    afonso alves is a livewire and he's definitely ready to move up to a higher level in a better league.

also, i think going to a club like stuttgart would be a great move for him. at this time in his career he is a hot ticket on a hot streak. he needs to play and play regularly. i've seen him mentioned with barca but i think he may regress if he went there.

good luck and i hope your back office and management manage to swing it for you.

4. Fußballgott

Fußballgott Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Alves would also solve our problem with direct freekicks. Let's see if Heldt is really after him.

5. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to spend money to make money, as the old saying goes. If we go out and drop the cash for some top quality, we're (in theory) going to get a return on that investment that will be even better than the cost. Sign Alves and Bravo and we've got a loaded barn of weapons up top. I hope the club keeps investing money into the team and the stadium so that we stay at the top of the BL and can represent ourselves proudly in Europe.

6. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Alves is a good player, a great investment.

Bravo is not. If Stuttgart wants to buy a mexican forward.They should look for Nery Castillo who plays with Olympiakos in Greece..

7. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't think Bravo would be a better forward to sit on the bench and wait for a few opportunities to come in and make his mark? You can't have all stars on a roster, because not everyone can get minutes, and that isn't good. I must confess, I don't follow the Mexican players closely enough to know which Mexican forward would be good or would not be good. I'm just going off of the players that are rumored to the club. This other guy would be cool too, the African guy... doesn't matter to me as long as the players we sign fit into the system/culture, they fill a need, and are an upgrade to any player they might be replacing.

8. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bravo is a decent forward...

9. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    So here's how our transfers look so far this summer:

Definitely in:
    Raphael Schaefer (Nuernberg)
    Gledson (Rostock)
    Yildiray Basturk (Hertha)

Definitely Out:
    Timo Hildebrand (Prolly Valencia)
    Benni Lauth (HSV)
    Heiko Gerber (Ingolstadt)
    Markus Babbel (Retired, becoming coach at VfB)
    Dirk Heinen (Retired)

Possible New Signings at the moment:
    Gomis
    Atiba Hutchinson
    Alves(though i've just heard he's officially too expensive for us)
    Bravo

Likely / Possible Departures:
    Daniel Bierofka (Prolly 1860)
    Marco Streller (Prolly Nuernberg)
    Danijel Ljuboja + Jon Dahl Tomasson (No clue, but they surely won't stay when they return).

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tomasson scored a very nice goal against sweden the other day

by the way, hitzelsperger played pretty well, even if it was san marino. Him and gomez seem to have a telepathic connection

hilbert played good too. He looks better than odonkor for me. As in more solid and smarter.

11. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I've read that Bierofka will stay another season, since 1860 cannot pay the transfer fee and he doesn't want to go anywhere else. So he'll probably join them next season after his contract expires.

12. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    If any of you can watch the game, Mexico will be playing against Paraguay tonight and will be televised at 9pm (usa central time). If your interested in how Omar Bravo plays,

13. lvsl

lvsl Member

May 16, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope one of u stuttgart fans watched the Mexico game today. Bravo is pure shit i dont know how he keeps getting called up, he has chances to put it in and kicks the ball to the stands and made the dumbest run ever lmao this guy really sucks go for the Gomis guy cause Bravo wont help out

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I think since Alves is too expensive, Gomis is our first choice at the moment. I haven't heard anything about Bravo lately, but i think the rumours surrounding him have sorta died down. Heldt is looking mostly at Gomis atm.

15. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    :rolleyes: dont listen to the people who have America as a favorite club, they are our club rivals and they always seem to try to bring us down. He's just mad cause they arent scouting any of his players, but that because they dont have anyone besides Memo Ochoa thats worth going to europe.

16. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Omar Bravo is a decent player like I've said ... don't know why so many people are hating on him.. actually I do know why:rolleyes:

17. mikel8rock

mikel8rock New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    hb calias
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I AM chivas fan but i dont think he is good enogh for europe
    he di sapointed me yesterday :(

18. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I'm off to Greece in 2 hours so you guys prolly won't hear from me for the next week.

The latest name i hear is Huntelaar, once again, like with Alves, that would be a crazily good buy imo, i really hope one of these two is more than just a rumour :)

19. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Have a great time!

20. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Haven't heard about Huntelaar. But I can't see him leaving Ajax, and even if Ajax would sell him, he would probably be more expensive than Alfonso. Ajax payed 9 million for him last year, so they won't let him go for anything below that.

But I've heard two other names: Karim Ziani (24, FC Sochaux), an offensive midfielder who scored 8 goals and assisted on 5 last season.
    And there's supposedly another alternative for our attack: Danny Koevermans (28, AZ Alkmaar) who in 2005 was top scorer in Holland and scored 22 goals this season.

And it seams that I was wrong about Bierofka. Looks like he's leaving for a transfer fee of 350.000€. Streller might go to Nürnberg, the only problem is that Stuttgart asks for 2 million € and Nürnberg doesn't want to pay that much, we'll have to wait how that works out.

Gentner will go to Leverkusen for one year on loan and without an option for Bayer to buy him afterwards, so he'll join us again next year.

I'm pretty confident that we'll find a buyer for Tomasson and Villareal might still sign him. It's going to be tough to get rid of Ljuboja though. Who wants to sign a striker that got kicked out of Stuttgart as well as Hambur within a year?

Apart from that, have a great time in Greece Vfbstuttgartfan!

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nürnberg is offering € 2 mil. for Nikos Liberopoulos from AEK Athens, Streller was/is their back up plan, so the plan from Stuttgart is obviously 'since you didn't get Liberopoulos, we'll give you Streller for those 2 mil. you didn't spend'.

Makes sense.

22. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish we would splash the money to grab some of these guys in the Dutch league that could really gives us some deadly options up top. Next season it is going to be very tough to compete with the way that Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen are stocking up on their transfers. BM is getting scarey amounts of fresh talent on the team, and they are probably favorites already to win the next title. Leverkusen is obviously pushing for a CL spot next season, so we're going to have a real dog fight for a top 3 finish, assuming that Bremen and Schalke stay strong as well.

23. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Leverkusen? Who have they signed?

Nunberg and hamburg are much stronger than them.

24. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich
    Gekas aka The Gyrosbomber, Vidal(LB Colo Colo), Manuel Friedrich, Lukas Sinkiewicz, Sascha Dum, Hans Adu Sarpei and maybe Helmes.

Dum and Sarpei are crap but the other 4 are decent

nah, don't think so

25. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perfect sense. Just my personal opinion, but I'd never pay anyone 1M for Streller.