Very Ugly Soccer This Morning

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by OnO101, Sep 21, 2003.

1. OnO101

OnO101 New Member

Sep 21, 2003
    This morning I watch Arsenal VS Manchester United. When the match end those Arsenal player
    laugh and hit Ruud van Nistelrooy badly. I'm not in UK (live in Canada).Is it a very usual in uk soccer??How a Soccer club can let this happened? How a prefessional soccer player can do this S***??I just write a letter to FA,ope they can do something to stop this kind of s***...

At the end I don't think any nation team draw a game will celebrate like that, it is so ugly very very ugly.....

2. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

May 27, 2003
    UK
    I bet you are looking forward to Turkey vs England...

3. Hoje

Hoje New Member

Jun 9, 2003
    LA
    I love this post...in all sincerity.

4. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Did he hit Ruud? They celebrated in front of him (well deserved BTW, Ruud is true to his name, that is for sure). Ruud is one of the most self-righteous players in the Premiership.

5. Only1Keano

Only1Keano New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Re: Re: Very Ugly Soccer This Morning

keown brought his arm down and struck his shoulders, then toure and parlour pushed him - totally inexplicable behaviour

as for the accusations on ruud, what did he do wrong? he recoiled when vieira aimed a petty kick at him so look at your own captain before bagging one of ours, and before you bag ruud for his methods take a look at pires and his antics v portsmouth. pot, have you met kettle?

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Re: Re: Re: Very Ugly Soccer This Morning

Are you soft in the head? Inexplicable?! Inexplicable!?!?!?!?

Mate, a more natural, deserved and well overdue response to Shergar and his fucking snidey little act is hard to imagine. Ruud van Nistelrroy is the snidiest little cunt in the Premier League and he had this coming BIG time. He's just lucky it amounted to nothing more than being thoroughly humiliated in front of his own supporters (who, BTW, reacted in the manner United fans always do, as the media will today NOT be telling you).

I just hope one of the shouts to him was "Why the long face, mate?".

7. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try to watch my mouth in front of my wife, but I watched the match and when he missd the penalty, I jump off my seat and shouted, "just desert, you f'king twat!"

Could they have shown more self-control...well, yeah, but he had it coming-by a country mile.

8. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disclaimer: I am a huge City supporter, a rabid ABU and I like Arsenal.

RvN is a cheat, even the most blind United supporter must admit that. Having said that, Arsene is always talking about "mental strength," yet he manages the team with the second weakest mentality (Leeds with Alan Smith is the weakest in my opinion) in the P'ship. Almost ever game goes like this: Arsenal get chance after chance the first twenty minutes. If they do not score, they get their heads down. When someone bumps them or appeals to the ref, instead of being strong enough to let it go, they lash out and get someone sent off, or, they stop playing their game.

While the polite, law-abiding part of me did not enjoy the Arsenal antics after the penalty and then later at full time, the City/ABU part of me loved it. Unforunately, Arsenal have just cut off their nose to spite its face -- I heard somewhere that Arsenal only have 16 players with any experience in the squad. And despite Arsene's protestations to the contrary, Arsenal cannot afford to buy any quality replacements during the next window. When your top defender and your top defensive midfielder are always serving suspensions, and Edu and Toure are your saviors, you are not contender for the title.

10. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Very Ugly Soccer This Morning

First of all, let me say that I am against any fan violence and think hooligans are among the lowest form of life on this planet. You, a Liverpool fan, rip on Man United fan violence (which I do not condone in any way), ask Juve fans about your clubs squeeky clean record. Unfortunately their is fan violence involved with every club, so this is a piss poor arguement (because every club is guilty).

11. footiegrrrl

footiegrrrl New Member

May 22, 2002
    Ohio
    While I can see that Viera was at least a foot away from connecting with RVN, the yellow card was warranted in this case. He lifted his leg and struck out spurs up at knee-level. While RVN ultimately wasn't kicked, his appeal to the ref was correct and so was the call. If someone is a few feet away from you and kicks out, you're going to jump back too. If Viera had kept his cool, RVN gets the card, end of story. And I agree with the original post, very ugly ugly match.

12. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Riiight. So, you plan on visiting the home of “your” club anytime soon? I think it would be best if you saw the situation for yourself before taking anyone (least of all me) up on this particular line of debate.

FWIW in the absence of any such perspective of value from you, let me say this. For one, I did not raise “an argument”, I mentioned the crowd intimidation as an aside. If you want to talk to me about the regularity with which it occurs – and occurs at Old Trafford specifically – then that’s a thread of it’s own.

Secondly, the events that took place at Heysel are a good deal more complex than the brazen and inarguable excesses which United fans are allowed to get away with on a regular basis by both the Manchester police and – more significantly – the stewards at the Skip. If you want to trade piss poor arguments with me, then it looks as though I may have trouble keeping up. You’re a natural.

Finally, the level of effort and involvement inherant in addressing the problem, in general policy terms and on the ground, differs from club to club. That is what Liverpool have one of the best records in this matter and United, to this day, are right up there with Scunny, Millwall and Forest. I guess that’s one of the fringe benefits of owning the FA and the media. Wouldn’t do to tarnish the brand by admitting a problem, now would it? Not when there is a spacious carpeted area where all that unpleasantness can be housed whilst the Megastore does a roaring trade selling “the legend” to dumbass suckers like yourself.

But like I said, this debate is for another thread. For now, I’ll just join the rest of the nation in having a jolly good chuckle at the more-than-overdue humiliation of that horse-faced Dutch cunt.

13. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO

Oops, sorry the Liverpool fans were just "running" at the Juve fans. God forbid they stand around and watch the game! Unless a club has never had any fan violence then they are guilty of it, no exceptions. Now quit your crying and go back to the '80's when Liverpool actually won some league titles, keep underachieving and being jealous of the fact that Man United understand how to make money in this day...marketing. In the real world humiliation is what the Arsenal players did...hey maybe Gerrard should tranfer there! Now go back to your little Angel House...errrr, Anfield and it's perfectly behaved and often dissappointed fans.

14. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Dude, shut the fuck up, eh? What is the point in even posting if that is the best you can do? Like I said, Heysel is a really bad thing to be starting this off on … if you really want to give it a go. At least get some form of a clue, eh? Tell you what – start you off on an easy one: which “club” had the worst Arrests record for violent disorder in the 2002/03 season?

As to the rest of your little rant, don’t make me laugh. Jealous of Man Yoo PLC’s ability to make money? ROFL. You are truly a child of your times.

You can continue to bend over and take it dry from a guy with a clipboard and a ponytail if you like. I’ll take still having a club any day. That is, after all, what this is supposed to be about.

Now hush up. Good lad.

15. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I know you are the all knowing and poor me can't know anything. "Liverpools violence is so much harder to understand," "Arsenals players just had to show spirit," "I was just following orders." Why don't you hush up until YOU have something worthwhile to say. Come on now post some more crap...

16. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No, seriously. Shut up. This is embarrassing. I don't do retard-whacking. It's undignified.

17. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    house18:

So, let me see if I have this straight. United fans can act up and be violent because the club is successful. On the other hand, supporters of Millwall should not be violent because their team has not had any recent success.

No real supporter of any other team wants their club the be like United in any way other than to win (and it's not all about winning believe me -- I'm a City man after all :) Have you ever spoken with members of the United supporters clubs? They like the success on the field but hate the direction the club is going. Remember Captain Keane's "packet of crisps" speech?

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I must say I find some of the statements from Arsenal fans rather strange - it's not like Arsenal players are strangers to controversial decisions.

Personally I think a lot of this stems from the manager who consistently makes excuses for his players behaviour and is also bleating about how everyone, (match officials included), is against his team. Wenger sets the tone for the team - and they follow...

What RVN did on this occasion actually wasn't that bad. Watching it at the time it appeared to me that Vieira deliberately made a back for RVN to go over and then complained when RVN made contact with him.

Having said that RVN also made a meal of the incident, as per usual, and probably deserves a good kick every so often.

As for Keown - a bloke of nearly 40 years of age - acting like a 12 year old - that's pretty pathetic.

19. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey, you need to read my first post, I do not excuse fan violence in any way, and I think it is stupid. Personally I'd rather just go watch the match and have a good time and can't understand what kind of mental defect these fans have. I understand what people say, but you are going to tell me that Leeds or Everton or Notts County wouldn't like to have the marketing and thus the money that Man United have? Even at City I am sure you wouldn't be too upset with having the money to get in on the chase for a Ronaldinho or Beckam. To be honest with you I have a lot of respect for City because you supported your club even in the lowest times and I would like to see you stay up so that we can have our yearly derbys. The way Man United is the way all sports franchises are going (in some ways sadly), it has become a business and the clubs that treat it as such are the ones who will survive. It's unfortunate.

20. Only1Keano

Only1Keano New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    you are a bitter *#*#*#*# aren't you sonny?

so where's the humiliation? the UEFA forward of the year? the broken and rebroken record for consecutive scoring in the EPL? the golden boot last year? the 82 goals in his first 2 seasons here? the record for most goals in the CL?

secondly, in keeping in the spirit of the charitable micky owen retaken penalty against chelsea, then ruud should have had another shot considering jens lehmann was further off his line than even paul robinson against birmingam

and thirdly, you tell me to look in the mirror when bagging arsenal's antics, yet you call van nistelrooy a cheat. fine then, now look at emile heskey when he feels any slight contact in the box and you sure as hell won't see him making an effort to keep his feet. and if vieira swung a boot in the general direction of michael owen, do you think he'd pretend not to see it and forget about any evasive action so his good friend patrick could stay on the pitch in a tense struggle? at the moment you're accusing ruud of things that EVERY striker in the league does

ruud was guilty of was fouling vieira, and he got a yellow card for it, arsenals antics after the game crossed the line

21. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    I'm still laughing at the "blah, blah, blah" line.

very good.

22. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    AHA!!!

23. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Bitter? Arf ... yeah. I wish I was you. Seriously. I wish I worshipped an alcoholic thug. I wish I knew less about football than a shrink-wrapped 'Red Devils' sausage roll. I wish I spent my time "living" football through the Internet.

Paul Robinson off his line. He he he ... seriously now - is there ANYONE amongst the Bigsoccer "Man Yoo hardcore fanatic" gang that has the faintest, most infinitesimal clue? I mean, the guy had one foot BEHIND the line, as anyone who has actually seen the event in question would know and yet here you are. Brain-damaged, the lot of you. At least with real Mancs we know why - what's your excuse, wannabe?

Your kindergarten moniker, your total lack of knowledge, your tired cliches ... you are the very model of a modern Man Yoo wannabe. I pity every last one of you more than I can put into words. So, so fucking withoutaclue. It's genuinely tragic, on some levels. Thankfully the match-going football fraternity only has to suffer you on phone-ins and message boards.

As for your comments about poor Shergar, I've spelt the truth out for you. RVN is the most reviled striker in the league for a reason. But you lot will always be too fucking thick to get your tiny little time-share brain around the idea.

Shergar - Snidey. Little. Cunt.

And now you may leave, you pitiable clown.

24. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    summary-

ruud dives, so do a lot of others in the prem, but ruud does it the most.

yesterday- ruud did not get a red because he did not deserve one, although he did get a yellow which he truly deserved.

viera - i believe viera got sent off for the 2nd yellow or was it a straight red? the referee must have made a poor desicion if it was a straight red.

arsenal fans- stop the whining, please.

thank you.

25. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    - Acusations of Ruud diving ring a little hollow when the league is filled with people who dive and cheat. It unfortunately is the norm, and not a "Ruud thing."

- I watched the match with a hockey fan who was completely amazed that the United players did not coming rushing en masse to beat the crap out of Keown and Lauren. In hockey touch the star player like that and you will find yourself suffering from a season-ending injury before too long. I'm glad soccer isn't the same, but I could certainly see the motivation for retaliation in this case.

- Though generally neutral, I pretty much pull for Arsenal when these two play just because I get so sick of hearing about United. Next time however, I have to say a home loss for Arsenal against Man Utd. would seem a bit like justice being served.