Very superstitious, writings on the wall...

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by chrisc, May 16, 2006.

1. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    All right, it's almost 24 hours away. I don't usually have a routine for normal games, but I usually wear a Puyol shirt for the big ones, but it hasn't done the job (I think they've lost the last 3 times I've worn it). I obviously have to change it up. Who does what/wears what on matchday?

2. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This season I have been perfect with Dark Blue button down shirts and jeans on game day. Dont ask why it works but I must be 8 for 8 in big matches this season (AC Milan, Chelsea, Porto, and RM).

3. gio15

gio15 New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    lincoln england
    Yeah I always wear last seasons away shirt, every time i've not worn it we lost so now its always ready on gameday.As a player i have loads of superstitions:eek:

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I have the '03-'04 Home shirt and I wore it to Lucky Bar last year and I was 25 minutes late, Barca lost 4-2 to a Madrid side we could've beaten. Since, then I don't wear that shirt during Barca matches (home or away) I'm wearing my 2001 Rivaldo Away (Golden with the Single Blue stripe down the center) tomorrow.

Since, I'm going back to Lucky Bar, I don't want to jinx the club again! So I'm going to arrive at the pub at least 60Minutes early if not 2 hours.

5. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kept changing shirts last fall until we went on that long winning streak when I wore my 2005-2006 Puyol shirt. When we built up a big lead, I started wearing it selectively, didn't wear it against Zaragoza in the CDR...but did in every CL match. When I have worn the shirt, and watched the game live, we must have about 30 games without defeat now.

6. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    DFR, you need to make sure the body is loose and warmed up prior to kick-off. Drink no less than 4 Heineken's!!!!!!!!!

7. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Proper hydration is definitely crucial, especially for muscle recovery well after the match is over. ;)

I think I'm going to bring out the big guns - a home shirt from '92 and a scarf from the Cup Winners Cup final in '97. I'm hoping next year I can wear the shirt from 92, the scarf from 97 and a t-shirt or something else from 06.

8. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ahh....you should pre-order the league champs shirt and (depending on tomorrows results) order the champs league shirt thursday morning. They are on serious back order, I have been waiting two weeks for my league Champions shirt. Had i known I would have ordered it all at once.

9. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    I've been saving up for a September trip over there. They do look nice though. What the hell, it's only money.

If anyone is interested, search "barcelona" at final-score.com. They still have the yellow away for 50, a couple of hats and the red shorts - all marked down. Plus there's a 20% off $50 or more discount code at the top of the page

10. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's funny you mention this website...i was going to tell you eastbay had the yellow away for 50, then after sifting through this site i realized they are the same company.

11. sweet nick willy

sweet nick willy New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I started out this match not wearing my Barca jersey (the home shirt from last season) because I didn't want to jinx them. After about the 65 minute mark, I was so frustrated that I just said f' it, and threw it on. And well, whattya know, ten minutes later the tide turns. So it becomes my lucky jersey.:D

12. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I watched the match wearing an Argentina WC jersey. Guess it was good luck.

13. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went to princess pub which was mostly arsenal support. Reason? Because for the Milan matches I watched the first one there, which was 1 - 0, and saw the second at the (obviously more Spanish supporting) Costa Brava restaurant where it ended 0 - 0.

Also wore the Larsson jersey, the man whose transfer to Barcelona sealed my allegiance.

Worked out pretty well.

14. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not watching Barca matches at Lucky Bar wearing any blaugrana anymore. The fire marshall thing worked to my advantage. I had to leave. Thus, bad luck no longer applied.

15. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    i've watched the entire campaign in my centenial shirt. Even worse, we got Pizza before all the tuesday games, (cause tuesday is discountday at some nearby pizzeria and the same guy had to carry the pizza's everyweek, for luck :D