Very Small Rocks Season Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by marakana10, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    vegas2u / VegasVirgins

OUT: Gray M BC 5.5

IN: Rochemback M MI 6.5

Bank: 1.7

Last roster with changes in bold:
    Diouf F BW 7.4
    Rasiak F TH 6.5
    Horsfield F WB 5.6
    Gerrard M LI 9.0
    Scholes M MU 9.5
    Rochemback M MI 6.5
    Davis M AV 5.1
    Fabregas M AR 7.0
    Terry D CH 8.5
    G Neville D MU 6.9
    Hyypia D LI 6.5
    Mills D MC 4.5
    Campbell D AR 6.4
    James GK MC 5.0
    Carroll GK WH 3.5

Just have to make a transfer. Not right unless I am losing transfer points.

2. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Tell me about it. It seems Arsenal defenders, especially Center-Backs, are about as safe a bet for captain these days as Chelsea midfielders or Man U strikers. :rolleyes:

3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Ho-hum.
    another day, yet another bleedin injury to the team.

Henry was a great move wasn't he :rolleyes:

Anyway.
    Campo crocked - great.

In Whitehead - SU-M 5.1

Out Campo - BW-M 5.1

4. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    No Pires, no Carrick, so need to move for a playing midfielder.

OUT:
    Carrick M 6.5 TH

IN:
    Speed M 6.1 BW

1.0 in the bank

5. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    With our scores dropping for two consecutive weeks, we've decided to turn to a tall, good-looking, fair-haired American with no mean talent.

But enough about me and my mirror, Carbonated Sowjuice has picked up this other American, name of Brian, crosses himself when he scores.

Out: Cole MC F 7.8
    In: McBride FU F 6.8

1.5 million in leftover pork

Wow I love San Francisco, and I served Vegas2u and his family as nonstop tour-guide as proof (the big surprise is that they didn't murder me for my chattiness). I even love it after thieves broke into my car Sunday night and stole my golf clubs. But some things must take precedence over touring the great city: we forced his family to sit by while we watched MU-LI at Mad Dogs in the Fog in the lower Haight on Sunday morning. A Scouser establishment by all indications, another sign of the advanced culture in SF.

6. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Good move, plus with McBride scoring midweek, won't bother his confidence none.... Now am I correct in saying that the top 2 get promoted?

7. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Who wants to get promoted into that lot? I like you guys. :)

Not that it's gonna be a situation for me anyways once Rooney/Ruud/Robben/Ronaldo start passing my little band of fakers by.

8. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rockville Gunners have made two moves in the transfer market this week. <The crowd goes wild...kinda> ;)

out: Phillips FOR A.Villa 7.8
    IN: Crespo FOR Chelsea 9.2

Free transfer
    Bank:1.0

Phillips likely out again. Crespo best option of a sparse pool of strikers. Of course now I expect Drogba to go 90 minutes and Crespo on the panchina. Cisse had better score or he's next on the way out.

Second move:
    Out: Upson DEF BC 4.7
    In: BenHaim DEF BW 5.1

4pt penalty
    Bank: .6

Upson and B.City have forgotten how to defend. Out the ex-Arsenal player goes for a one of Big Sam's boys.

9. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not surprised...... they're up against 1800-Fly.com.... who have a horrid habit of leaving major points earners on the bench.

If the right team is fielded and the right captain chosen, Captain Marvelous' outfit have been tipped as world beaters.

If captain Marvelous doesn't get back to getting it right, he could be in for the chop. This is a must win game to get back in the driving seat instead of looking like a bunch of co-pilots.

:D

10. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Another word from my brother on his striker core and I will withhold all future candy and cookies.

6 goals from midfielders, so far. That would seem to be enough wouldn't you think?

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    You know, when he took Lampard instead of Henry, I just had a bad feeling.

Is it possible to a hate somebody you've never actually met :D

12. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Geez, I've doubled the league. Six goals so far vs. three by guys on other teams. Well done Danny Murphy! Well done pretty Norgeboy with the funny name I got when my brother dropped you!

13. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Meanwhile, at the other end of the table, my captain, Gary Speed, goes off inside 10 minutes. This after seeing captain Defoe hit the bar and miss a pen last week. Is it possible to hate a game you keep playing every week?

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Double move today - totally inept midfield is slowly getting the boot.

Henry not playing is killing me - but, I can't release him either :rolleyes:

Anyway.

out. Smertin M CA 5.5

In Nolan BW 6.1

Out Alonso M LI 8.0

In Gilberto M AR 7.5

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We welcome back Etherington.

Out:
    Richardson MF Mu 6.8

In;
    Etherington MF Wham 6.9

Bank: 0.9 (Team Value 101.6)
    Free transfer

16. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note to self: Cancel planned move for Etherington this week. I almost pulled the trigger on it Saturday morning but figured 4 penalty points were enough for one week. Oh well. :rolleyes:

I hate my midfield and my forwards are looking mighty ordinary so far. Cisse finally gets on the scoresheet with a pk. Wonderful. I'm sure he'll light up playing out wide as a sub. Rafa might get Europe but he still looks clueless in the Prem. I won't even mention Fergie's debacle with Rooney. Funny for me in real life but bad for this game.

With that in mind, it looks like the Rockville Gunners are going to a 4 defender formation from here on out.

17. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ColdDogSoup FC

Out:
    Johnson MF Mboro 4.8

In:
    N'Zogbia MF New 5.7

Bank: 0.0 (Team Value 102.6)
    Transfer Penalty Points 4

18. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Blame Clan I was leaning towards Nolan, to avoid a West Ham dependence but he was taken when I got to the fpl forum, but then again Ether is good value for a starter on a champion league bound team :D :cool:

Now I know how disheartened the rest of the league in real life feels, as Pork Soda futher pads the lead. "Boring, Boring Other White Meat Soda" is simply ruining the league, I say. :eek:

19. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Out: Baros, F, 8.9 Villa

In: Vassell, F, 7.4, ManC

Bank: 5.0

20. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The best indicator of being just plain ********** lucky: my team 'Dynamo Pahrump' is mediocre in the BigSoccer Division, 38th of 78 with 300 points, below lobo and vegas2u. And that's the team I picked freely.

21. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    no worries. You have to have luck in these games to be atop the top 5, and really play a lot - around 5 years to get consistently into the top 10. My football knowledge is pretty good, but when it comes to fantasy football I only started last season. Look at me in the Yahoo league for example... It's a pretty bad game but still somewhat measures how good you are. But it's pretty funny and all.. Lobomojo 1st, me 2nd, and you third... VSR unite! JK

22. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Although I'm expecting your luck to run out by the end of this year though. Seriously Robben, Giggs, Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, Pires, none of them have been producing.

23. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Do you or anyone else have any idea how to read scores in that Yahoo league? I can see values rising and falling, I can see total scores...but for any individual player, how can you tell?

24. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London

Note that 2 of those 5 were meant to be the crown jewels for LSG4. So the question that has me cursing every week so far is, will they start producing -- and if so, when? What a waste of time all that summer scouting has been so far...

25. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    We need a new thread, over the post count.