Very Small Rocks Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Clan, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    First where have you been? And if its a reasonable story I will pass on Clement if you release Malbranque or Queudrue, if you want to keep those two than I'm taking Clement as I was just about to post that.

2. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Damn lobo, lol. Damn Kellen lol. I was going to take him...

3. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A trade?

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well if you release reyes and hleb and... :D :D

I'll join up the yahoo later did pretty well with it last year

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Really mate, you were on here twice, yet said nothing since your last pick.

Why?

6. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    right.............................................................................................. :D

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    BTW - after this round is complete, we're going to have to start another thread, we're over 500 posts.

If we don't do it ourselves, one of the Supers will do it for us ;)

8. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Monsieur Kellen and Monsieur Lobo rapidment! s'il vous plait. :p

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not really, if he has a good reason and was going to pick Clement earlier, I'll be a sport, if he was going to pick him this round he is out of luck. I won't take Steed though I like him a lot, especially if he moves am happy with MF, not sure if I would taker Q yet, would cause a review of financial plan

but on second thought not fair to clan others who would have picked Malb or Que so nevermind,

#1. Duff M CFC 9.5
    #2. VanNistelroy F MU 11.5
    #3. Riise M Liv 8
    #4. Downing M Mboro 8
    #5. Borgetti F Bol 7
    #6. Mellberg D AV 6
    #7. Benayoun M WH 6
    #8 Davids M Tots 7
    #9 Clement D WB 5

10. Kellen Green

Kellen Green New Member

Jul 19, 2005
    You're going to "judge" my "story"? There are no time limits in the Slow phase, except for any arbitrary ones you seem to want to impose now, after the fact. Therefore, my "story" is none of your business. The photo on the draft list site wasn't the "story", but I suspect they didn't help.

You want Clement, take Clement. As for Queudrue and Malbranque, I didn't draft them. You'll have to ask whoever did.

11. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So let's solve this. I'll abide by whatever CB says. No time for democracy...

12. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    The only resolution I see is that he drops Queudrue and Malbranque and draft the players he wants. There is no time for waiting. Agreed? Kellen what do you want the most? Over 36 hours is kinda too long you know?

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Don't want either was trying to be a sport, but you can see I've already picked Clement.

KG is on the clock or not in Clan's discretion.

14. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Sorry Yahoo futebol:

id: 5880
    password: marakana

15. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Kellen, I hope a quick read through the thread will support my claim that we had no idea what the situation was, and hemmed and hawed for a long time before we finally decided to proceed. Perhaps we never had a chance to explain perfectly how the slow phase was to work, since you were invited into the league in a rush and at the last second. We were confused by the fact that you logged in, or seemed to, a few times without responding to anything -- including my pm. This was never the way the slow phase was supposed to work.

I remind everyone that the free agent pool remains an untapped resource, and if the consensus is that Kellen has been wronged in some way, we might most logically address it then. I hope, Kellen, that you understand our confusion... not a personal thing, but we've seen managers disappear before so feared the same was happening.

16. Kellen Green

Kellen Green New Member

Jul 19, 2005
    OK then, in the Queudrue and Malbranque slots, I instead take Clement and Konchesky.

17. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    exactly ingormous, i move that Kellen have his own 2 picks if that's fine with everyone else and remove Malbranque and Queudrue.

18. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like where this is going. So I now had to draft somebody I rated below Quedrue because you were gone for a day and a half. This is a big problem.

19. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    That seems a fair solution. Nice work with the olive branch there gentlemen.

20. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Can we let him have Clement lobo? I move as yes because we don't want ruckus. That's just my opinion though...... Let's see how everyone else feels.

21. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    This is the one and only reason we moved on Kellen.

You did in fact log onto bigsoccer twice, with all of us awaiting your pick, yet did not do so.

After several more hours of consideration, we decided that you had buggered off.

We moved on.

If we were wrong, I, for one, stand up and apologise.

22. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I move that you stick with them and drop them during the 16th round and/or free agent period.

23. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    True. We're on the brink of redoing the entire day as this cascades. If *anyone* wanted Queudrue, it's wrong to throw him back into the pot.

CB rules though.

24. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A second idea is to let Kellen drop them, repick and then put them on a freeze until free agent period.

25. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    that's fine too cannon. Can we get this resolved quickly?

Options:

1. Wait for 16th round and drop both players and get new ones.

2. Let Kellen have his picks of Konchesky and Clement and move on. Lobo would have to pick again.

I personally vote 1.

Quickly people.