"Very Small Rocks" Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DoctorJones24, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Ok, i'll go with three.
    But i think i would be sending you a virtual manuscript of EPL players for the third pick.

Like i said though i'll be around for the rest of the evening.

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Oh, and Saturday i'll be around from about 9 ish in the morning 'till 9 ish at night.

3. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On saturday i'll be watching England - Portugal at 3pm GMT.... I can do it beforehand though... after i need to goto the airport twice to pick up people, so i won't be around much in the evening....

4. Michael J Christy

Michael J Christy New Member

Jan 27, 2001
    If the draft gets to me...I'm leaving work now..be home in a half hour...approx 3:30pm PST.

So don't worry.

Michael

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Question

Scoring.
    How are we to keep track as we won'tbe entered in CYKI and have the benifit of the computer to do it for us?

Hal.
    I am currently working on my 5th pick.
    It is rather obvious that ingromius isn't going to be on line before i go off.
    I will PM you in the next hour or so.

6. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Mike, you are not waiting on Ingromius. He doesn't pick again until the 8th pick of Round 4. You are waiting on Michel, aka 1800-WorldCup.

I wasn't looking for your 5th round pick, but your 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick wish list before you sign off for the night, not to return until 2 PM tomorrow.

And if you post your pick right after 1800-WorldCup's pick, I have Jay's list to make his selection from. Then it's up to whether Captain Splarg and Outback Maverick can get in their 3rd and 4th round picks without having long waits for time zone stuff. Then back to Jay and I'll make his pick, to be followed by your 4th round pick.

Then 1800-WorldCup again, then me, Mark, and then Ingromius's 4th and 5th round picks. and so on.

Scoring will be done and in accordance with the rules as established by the Premiership Fantasy Soccer Game. (Brought to you by the same folks who did CYKI last year, although there are some rules differences. For example, you get one free trade per week (costs no points, but any taxes will still be paid); additional trades cost 4 points and the taxes.)

This league will not be head-to-head competition unless someone wants to put something like that together. All the managers of this league are trying to get the best season score in the Premiership Fantasy Soccer game with the added restriction that none of us will have the same player. After the draft, managers will load up their team with the drafted players. They still have to comply with the 100 M limit and the no more than 3 players from one team constraint.

After we establish the drafted teams, managers can delve into the free agent pool and adjust their team. Each time they do so, they have to post that move in the league's message forum so everyone else will know who is now no longer available and who has been put back into the pool.

Remember, we all have "un"limited free access to the free agent pool up until the 9/10 deadline. This alone should be sufficient motivation for us all to make the sacrifices to complete the draft so we have time to tweak our teams during the "free" transfer window that closes on Sep 10. The limited part is not taking a player already signed by one of the other managers in the division. This makes it imperative to post your free agent moves in the Very Small Rocks League Message Forum at the Premiership Fantasy Soccer site.

When we get into trades between two managers, the teams must still comply with the limit of no more than three players from one team. As the price of our various teams will rise and fall, you may not be able to make a trade because you or the manager you want to trade with has insufficient funds to complete the trade. This could necessitate you dipping into the free agent pool to clear some "cap" space to complete the trade. Or you may opt to try to clear "cap" space by trading first with someone who has cap available and then complete your other deal.

Trades also, if exceed the 1 free per week, will cost each manager 4 points.

As of earlier today, only 6 of our 8 managers have created the teams in our division. I've been updating my team with my picks and dropping the players who are picked by others to keep having an idea of a legitimate team.

Hal

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have been doing this also, it will save time later too.

I am available all evening now until approx 11 pm Central and all day at work tomorrow from 7am to 5 pm central and some time in the evening too. Saturday is a bit more problematic for me.

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Ok

I created a scrub team just to join like DR said.
    Can i now just sell all of 'em and fill in as i go?

9. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Precisely, Clanblue.

Update your scrub team with your picks and try to update that team with others you think you want that still haven't been drafted. If you get it to work within the funding and team limit caps, then you just have to decide which of these players you need to draft when it's your turn. Keep selling your desired players as others draft them and try to put in your best replacement.

BTW, do you have a first name you'd care to share with your fellow managers or rather want us to always refer to you as Clanblue.

Hal

10. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It looks as though you cannot confirm transfers correctly unless you have a full roster of 15, so what I did was get all the minimum value players I could and have been replacing them one by one as I make my picks.

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Thanks.
    My name is Paul.

I have my picks ready and am about to PM you.

12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Thats that

Well i'm off for the night.

See y'all tomorrow af'noon.

13. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I responded to your PM, Paul, if you can check it before you hit the sack.

14. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    1800-WorldCup it is your turn

We are still on hold awaiting 1800-WorldCup's 3rd Round pick.

Pahlease, if you can't be on line, send me a few rounds of picks with instructions on how to draft for you.

We have 15 rounds to complete before the 10th and lots on travel this weekend.

We are accomodating the time zone differences, but if you have held up this draft for a long period more than once, develop a back-up plan.

The moves, up through the 3rd pick of the 3rd round are posted on a previous thread and will be updated periodically.

Nite all, I'll check back in about 6 hours when I wake. Hopefully, Michel will have picked by then.

Hal

15. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - magun.travelnotes.org

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Back-up Plan

OK.....

I thought I could speed things up by giving Hal my next...... but it didn't really work.....

So here's MY back-up plan...... I'm ging to sleep all day and be online all night....

Looking at all the recent posts..... the activity occurs around 1am my time.... :(

Michel

16. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Round 3

Discard rumours in the press about Rivaldo and Morientes coming to 1800-UK.com...... their wages are too high and our funds are limited, but the board has allowed us to go for.....

Round 3
    Murphy

Next please ;)

17. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Per instructions from Paul, aka Clanblue, his Round 3, Pick #5 is Friedel.

next up Jay, and I'll make his pick

18. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Per instructions from Jay, DoctorJones24's Round 3 Pick 6 is Kewell.

Next up Capt Splarg.

19. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cape Tribulation

Who is Cape Tribulation?

Captain Splarg or Outback Maverick?

============

Hal, nice to see you're keeping things moving......

If all Americans have given you their drafts I don't have to sleep now to be up after midnight ;)

In case things go astray again, I'll PM you my telephone number so that you can wake me up when its my turn :)

Michel

20. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Draft Summary Update

Draft Summary through Round 3, Pick 6

Teams still have to comply with the 100 salary cap for all 15 players on your team. (3 strikers, 5 midfielders, 5 defenders, 2 goalkeepers)

Teams also are still limited to no more than 3 players from any one team.

Ingromius
    1. Van Nistelrooy (MAN)
    2. Kewell (LEE)
    3. Dudek (LIV)

KopteinKC
    1. Henry (ARS)
    2. Shearer (NUF)
    3. Bellamy (NUF)

Hal
    1. Wiltord (ARS)
    2. Diouf (LIV)
    3. Keller (TOT)

1800-World Cup
    1. Bowyer (LEE)
    2. Giggs (MAN)
    3. Murphy (LIV)

Clanblue
    1. Gudjohnsen (CHE)
    2. Lampard (CHE)
    3. Friedel (BLA)

DoctorJones 24
    1. Hasselbaink (CHE)
    2. Robert (NUF)
    3. Harte (LEE)

Captain Splarg
    1. Owen (LIV)
    2. Anelka (MAC)

Outback Maverick
    1. Lua Lua (NUF)
    2. Duff (BLA)

21. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    STOP

Hal,

Kewell is already taken by Ingromius.

Please post Jay's next pick on the list for round 3.

22. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Mea Culpa, mea culpa,

I tried to sneak one past everyone, but, alas, you are correct, Kewell was already taken.

Luckily for me Capt Splarg has yet to pick, so I'll move to Jay's next choice.

DoctorJones24 in Round 3 with the 6th pick selects Harte.

Back to Capt Splarg

23. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Surrogate drafter:

At the present, I have draft proxies for the following:

Jay's, DoctorJones24, entire draft list as he is on a boat trip.

Ingromius' next two selection instructions, if this, do that etc.

A short list to make Clanblue's next pick if his turn comes up before 2 PM when he should be back online.

The international telephone number of Michel, 1800-WorldCup, for me to call (collect I presume) or to call and let ring twice and hang up????? to wake Michel up when it's his turn. Seeing an opportunity for profit here, what am I bid for Michel's phone number? LOL

Hal

24. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Cape......

Thinking logically, I reckon Cape Tribulation is Outback Maverick's team -- Aussie connection.... which means Captain Splarg still has to enter his team..... (and make his next pick ;))

The Very Small Rocks League
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=63243

25. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    At this rate we're going to need two weeks to get our teams up...... :(

I hope everyone can at least be online all day on Saturday..... see Hal's earlier post for suggested schedule :)