"Very Small Rocks" Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DoctorJones24, Sep 3, 2002.

1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jon:

I think this is very fair.

We were all worried you'd be mad at us for continuing without you and you come on and ask if it is ok for you to pick players we ignored. LOL. :)

Glad we left you some choice picks (doh!)

Nice risky pick with Pires, I thought long and hard about him over 15 rounds. I could regret it.

Good luck to you and all the rest of you. We are underway tomorrow! Finally.

Mark

2. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was hoping you might drop Smithie ;)

3. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    NEVER!!!

But I think I just saw a comment from another thread suggesting that Hal picked up Ferrer. dang. Lucky he's a scrub, he'll be easy to replace -- but I must be off to run cross country practice in the rain now. Joy.

4. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Let's get rrrrrrready to rrrrrrrrrumble

OK I think this last little tinker should take care of it. Since Hal so selfishly went and picked Ferrer ahead of me (the nerve) I've opted for Brown of Charlton instead. I am confident that his native talent and his work ethic will make him just the man to fetch water for the guys who actually play. You should have seen the tryout.

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    How interesting Ingromius

If you look at my last change of roster on the CYKI site you will see i employed the exact same strategy by picking Ljungberg, even though currently injured.

He will however be back now in two weeksd they are saying.

I have 5 midfielders and am playing a 3-4-3 so i had one siting anyway and not earning points, might as well be him eh?

And when he comes bach i'll have a formidable addition to my team and may even go with the 3-5-2 myself, depending on how the points ratio is doing between my front and rear lines.

6. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Of course, the crocks might not find last season's form.... or get injured again ;)

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    MMmmmm, methinks ole Freddie will do ok, how 'bout you ;)

BTW.
    I made another roster change.
    On the league board.

8. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Ljunberg is OK and all... but he's no ROBERT PIRES!!!!!

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Exactly why i chose him ;)

10. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Roster Moves

Dropped Scholes and Rooney and picked up Nemeth and Geremi of Middlesbrough.

Also, had a fleeting moment trying to have Malbranque replace Scholes, but after he failed the physical I took Geremi instead.

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    It would seem....

That the pre-season points do count afterall.
    Both myself and kopite are still showing points from the third and fourth week.

Will these go away after this round of fixtures is complete or will we have to make and adjustment all thru the season?

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: It would seem....

The drop down menu reveals the Sepember scores and that is the one that counts.

13. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Never mind me....

I just read the messages on the League board and it would seem we have 6 rounds of pre-season to complete.

14. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Prediction

Hal, well done not to choose Malbranque... I expect that Legwinski will reveal himself as the better of those 2 at Fulham this year anyway; he was better than Mal. when they were both in France and I think he'll regain his form for the Cottagers this year.

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Never mind me....

Originally they had it as four weeks, when they crashed the site and reloaded it over the weekend it suddenly had a six week preseason.

Not sure why they are doing this. The site seems to be functioning ok. September 21 is the new start date.

16. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Re: Prediction

Pretty amazing that there's not enough room in that midfield for both of them. Malbranque was a top 5 scoring middie last year in CYKI, up there with Pires, Ljunberg, and Solano.

17. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Glad it still pre-season...

Simply can't believe that ranners has started Zola before Gudjohnsen in the game.Friedel has let in two so far.Not good for points.

May have to go with two men up fron, with guddy starting, then the 'puter will sub in either flo or Yorke if he doesn't and have a five man middle......hum...

18. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Transfers Are Still Free

Not only did he start him.... Zola scored!

At least the extra transfers are still free..... Hal could have been running on minus 4 points already :)

Offloading the muppets is one thing, but the starting replacements are hard to find.

Looking through all the team sheets there are a lot of major players sitting on the bench..... these Premier League squads are getting to large and it's hard to know what some of the managers are thinking..... don't they know we've got fantasy points at stake here....

It's going to get worse when the Champions League kicks off next week.....

At least Spurs are still hangong on to the top spoy.... unless Legwinski gets an equaliser. This is one game I don't want him to score in!

19. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He didn't get the equaliser, Malbranque did..... from the spot.

Legwinski went and scored the winner for Fulham :(

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    He he he he he he..i feel bad for you spurs lot.....ROTFLMAO....no seriously i do............LOL..........really i do...Haw Haw Haw...........oh my aching sides.......he he he he he

21. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Fulham Frenchies

Jay, I would still presume that both of them will play in Fulham's midfield. But I can't see Malbranque having another year like he did last year -- he never even reached those heights when he was in France, so I'm guessing he'll come back down to earth this season.

But how about INAMOTO? He could be the revelation of the year -- scored a hat trick in Bologna to put Fulham through to UEFA, and scored last night. Looks good so far.

Anyone agree with my suggestion that we should start a new "season" thread so we don't have these 28 pages of now irrelevant draft stuff to sort through daily? Anyone want to trade Bernarbia for the next two weeks or so? He's in the LSG doghouse I assure you...

22. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    New Thread

Good idea on the new thread..... unless we're looking to break some records with this one :)

I'm still subscribed to this thread and just click on the "last" link whenever I get e-mail notification.

Let's not forget that Malbranque's goal was a penalty.... Spurs just couldn't keep their heads when the going got tough.

Another star from last year.... Nolan scored the only goal at Old Trafford :)

23. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Roster change for me.
    See the forum for details.

24. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Season Thread

To help those who are still getting e-mail notifications in this thread, a Season Thread now exists here.

Unsubscribing from this thread.

Michel