Very Small Rocks 0910 Transfers Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by glorydaze, Aug 9, 2009.

1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've got scouts posted at every hospital exit, or as the late Belli used to say "I'm not an ambulance chaser I always beat the ambulance to the scene"

2. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How was Huth available? Oh yeah, because I thought about getting him five times and didn't pull the trigger, but now that the Stoke schedule is nice, he's a great pickup. Looks like someone is watching the same 'Season Ticker' I am...

So here comes step one in 'dealing with absolute disaster.'

OUT:
    Fabregas M AR Sigh

IN:
    Walcott M AR 7.7

BANK:

3. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Defoe went down it looked like 3-4 weeks out with 8 to play. Add Tottenham's tough schedule to finish and it made sense to me. Three goals from Carew in three weeks has eased the pain. Good swoop though Lobo. He may light it up despite the schedule.

4. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What a disaster the last few weeks have been! Just when I needed him most, Cesc goes out for the season, and Darren Bent gets two goals for team Old Peculiar, cementing him in the promotion slot. Only thing that keeps OP mortal this week are Bent's two missed penalties, and by the way, how did THAT happen? I might have trouble even staying in third without the most productive player in fantasy this year and considering the collapse of Kuyt and zero production from the striker line.

5. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing is cemented yet. If lobo continues to average 100 points weekly we will both be staying put. I can't believe Bent misses two pks. I even captained him this week. At least the bonus gods favored him with a point. Not gonna be choosy right now. Tough about Cesc going down. He was tremendous this year.

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Game week 34 Transfers
    Posted by Lobo Mojo on 4 Apr 16:37

Out: Pavlyuchenko F TH 6.5

In: Bendtner F AR 6.3

Bank: 0.2
    Free

Thought I'd share this post by Ben on our Chelsea forum about a couple of players surprisingly left off rosters here:

"Chelsea starlet dazzling in debut

LONDON-- Chelsea win a potential decider off of a wonderful bit of trickery from youth product Offsides Goal. The wunderkid silenced the critics who felt he wasn't yet ready for the highest level, by bringing some energy off the bench to an aging side.

Offsides Goal outshined family and Manchester United's newest revelation Own Goal by quite a margin. Own Goal has been on a great run of form lately, and provided the assist for Macheda, but at the end of the day it was all smiles for Offsides as his side go top."

following up on from somewhere else:

"Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City have all expressed advanced interest in acquiring the fantastic Own Goal. Amongst rumours about Manchester United being a "one-man team", as told by Bayern's Arjen Robben, Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted that Own Goal has a part to play alongside the sensational Rooney. "We haven't seen much of him lately as he pulled up a bit strained after the game at Villa Park, and we've rested him until he felt fully fit," said Sir Alex. "He's been training with the first team for 3 weeks and I thought it was time that Own Goal got a place in the 11 and on the scoresheet, if only to show that he's still a valuable player."

Real Madrid are tipped to offer a juicy 40 million Pounds for the player, while Manchester City and Chelsea have stated no specific amount. Chelsea's owner Roman Abramovich was noted to have said: "The sky is the limit when it comes to signing Own Goal". When asked about the possibility of cashing-in Own Goal, Sir Alex Ferguson laughed off the question, declaring: "With Ronaldo it was different. It was his dream. He was moving closer to home and his family and he wanted a change and Madrid gave us 80 million for him. But with both Rooney and Own Goal, they are both dedicated players here for the long-run at United. I have talked with the Glazer family, and we are in complete agreement that Own Goal will not be sold to anyone regardless of the price. He and Wayne and truely priceless."

7. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Speaking of Chelsea Starlets...
    OUT:
    Eduardo F AR
    Faubert M WH

IN:
    Campbell F SU 5.4
    Cole M CH 9

BANK:

Since Cesc's injury, being probably the only one with the dough to speculated on Joe Cole, I'll just go ahead and do that...and have money left over.

8. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Old Peculiar moves for week 34...

Out:
    Gudjohnson M TH 5.5
    In:
    Lennon M TH 7.9

free/bank: 2.6

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This just in, another drive by last night:

Posted by Chuck Cannon on 10 Apr 11:28

Out: Dempsey, FU
    In: Malbranque, SU

10. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Game week 35 Transfers
    Posted by Lobo Mojo on 14 Apr 21:47

Out: Heitenga D EV 6.5; Arshavin M AR 10.1;
    Bendtner F Ar 6.2

In: Higgenbothm D SC 4.3; Downing M AV 7.1;
    Van Persie S AR 10.1

Bank: 1.5
    8 pen pts.

11. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figured you'd be eying RVP but I just couldn't pull the trigger on releasing Carew this week with AV's double game potential. Hope he does well for you.

12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    well if Arshavin was healthy, probably would have stayed pat, but when Heitenga went down too and with Arteta a big doubt and RVP looking lively and taking freekicks thought we'd take a little risk on big potential to keep alive the dream of an Ol' Peculiar style closeing:D

13. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think I'm not watching:cool:. Payback would be....:eek:

14. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Old Peculiar moves week 35...

Out: Green G WH 4.8
    In: Gomes G TO 4.9

Free/ bank 2.5

15. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    OUT:
    Vermaelen D AR (week 35)
    Ferreira D CH
    Park M MU

IN:
    Young, Luke D AV (week 35)
    Assou-Ekotto D TH
    Ireland M MC

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Begin to attempt my escape from the relegation zone....

out
    McFadden - F 4.7 BC
    Torres - F 11.6 LI
    Osman - M 6.6 EV

In
    Jerome - F 4.8 BC
    Pavlyuchenko - F 6.1 TO
    Ballack - M 7.4 CH

Bank 6.5

Wildcard played

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, looks like we have a small issue, Jay and Yellocakes picked up Crouch and he's already on Andrew's Windsor team. Crouch played this week...

18. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good catch Mike.

19. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The Lobo dog is charging like he's seen a bacon-wrapped frisbee! The only thing holding him back, like an electrically charged collar keeping a rampant labrador retriever inbounds while the frisbee sails off the property, is that he kept Gareth Bale on the sidelines for one of the best performances a fullback will put on all season. If Bale could've gotten all six bonus points, I think he would've been given them for the way he tortured the right side of the Chelsea defense.

The bacon-wrapped frisbee remains just out of reach...for now. Lobo still has three Villa guys in line to play Hull City this double-gameweek.

At the end of the season, we're going to have be reminded when was the last date you were in last place, Lobo, because this mad, Malouda-driven charge has to be quantified for posterity.

20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    sorry, I have no time to respond I am busy with my Please Martin play Luke Young Campaign,

This Chelsea bias and Downing double gameweek theory revisited make your slop smell swell

21. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ah Luke Young. The supposed injury to Warnock turned out to be not so much...

22. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    and Warnock is sitting on my bench in a double game week cos of those injury reports ...

23. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Windsor Wanderers crawls out from under rock:

OUT:
    Donovan, F, EV 6.0
    Shawcross, D, ST 4.8

IN:
    Bendtner, F, AR 6.1
    Heitinga, D, EV 6.5

24. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If Donovan scores for LA this weekend you will be well pissed off for dropping him, oh wait ....

25. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm waiting for Buddle to appear in the player database and then I'll grab him instead.