Very Small Rocks 06/07 Season thread.

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by subbuteo, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :D git

The board overruled the gaffer on the Bridge matter out of an unbridled quest to sacrifice any and all to win this weeks marquee Rocking Cup match spurring rumours that Stamford may leave this summer to take over Italy, no not any football club, The Country, Stamford loves Gelato

Well, I can only have three Chelsea players so I decided to go with the ironman Robben and a 2 match Wigan player:rolleyes: Wish the Bridge ready story was out yesterday however :mad:

2. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What is it with Robben?

He plays a game, scores a hatful of points then goes AWOL for a bunch of games again.

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :( Just can't seem to stay healthy for more than a couple of games at a time for over a year now , hard to find form that way, though still he is usually our most dangerous looking player when he plays wide, but with Ballack out he should get a good run of games if he can stay on the pitch.

I have been waiting all year for Robben and Sheva to play at the same time, think that may be the clue (or J. Cole) to getting Sheva going. Unfortunatly early because of the dreaded diamond and Ballack being "untouchable":rolleyes: they never seemed to play togeather and when Robben was given an inside back striker or top of diamond role he was not very effective. A bit chicken and egg in that now that he has a fragile reputation, along with his speed and danger, it seems he gets more hard knocks and late tackles to his legs and ankles than most.

After dropping Carrager while pool were slumping horribly early for J.Cole, I probably should know better than to trade Bridge for Robben :rolleyes: but when he was healthy his first two years he racked up some serious ppg fantasy numbers

4. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    Out Halford Reading def
    In Stubbs Def Everton

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wipe that smile off your face Cannon:mad: :D

3 goals and the day ain't even really started

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wipe that frown off your face Windsor :p :D

the day ain't even really ever going to start for Capt. Ronaldo

7. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :p
    Not a bad start but I could have used a clean sheet in the Pool game (I'll be ticked if Bolton get one) and Carrick my new pickup didn't even play (although Parker was always going to get just 2pts today). Have to say that picking up cheap Hunt looks like it could turn into one of my best transfer this season...just wish I had picked him up a couple of weeks earlier instead of waiting. I'm also praying that Hunt keeps it up and Convey doesn't come back into the picture.

Now lets have a Henry hattrick, a couple goals from Anelka, and one from McCulloch. Get me right back into the title hunt. :D

Is Forza still playing? It doesn't look it to me. He has Van der Sar starting and captain, Gamst Pedersen starting, Lennon starting, Terry on the bench, etc. Forza hasn't made a transfer since November. Looks like a dead team to me. :(

8. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    my enthusiasm died when my first round pick got injured and fergenson refused to play my 3 starters

9. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Forza quit :rolleyes: I hate when people quit because of a few injuries. Hell, I replaced all but three guys and then lost plenty of the replacements to long term injuries too. Anyway, we should try to replace him (to preserve the cups at least) and I'd suggest that we ban anybody that quits midseason from playing the next season. Anybody want in or know somebody that might? If not then it looks like the two relegation spots are now locked in. Sorry Ingromius.

I wish I made AJ my Capt now but how do you take it off of Henry with his 36 points in the four games since his return and playing against a team that he usually kills? Oh well. Still a good week already with 2 games/3 players left to score. :cool:

10. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    who said i quit? i just said I'm not enthusiastic anymore. + there's no one for me to really trade in

11. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but you haven't made a trade in months (there have been plenty of players you could have brought in during that time) and then not even bothering to change your lineup (except for autosubs) and captain since new year's sure looks like quiting to me. I see you are back to making trasfers today so I guess you're planning on returning to active participation. That is fine with me. I just didn't want a dead team.

12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I tend to always pay attention to the players that others have let go.

My captain this week (16 points and another home game yet to come) was picked up from when Ing tossed him a while ago.

And I won't even rub it in about picking up Bridge....Oops, I just did.

:D:D

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :D double git:D Robben did get me 7 though, err 4 the FPL reduced 3 since yesterday:confused: and Boyce has 1 more chance for a shutout

14. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    I picked up Berbatov Gamst and I think either Lennon or someone else when they were dropped. just kind of depressing to see Terry injured, and SAF refusing to play Neville, VdS, and Ferdinand

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Refusing to play them?

Neville has only missed 2 games since November

VDS is out for a little bit with a broken nose, he wasn't playing this weekend no matter what.

Rio has played every game this season but one.

16. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    To clarify: There's only one dead team, and it's mine. And that's despite me NOT quitting.

Seems me & Forza pretty detached at the bottom of the table though so don't take it personally if we're less active. To be honest, even a 3 goal week from a new purchase won't make a bit of difference. So what's the point. I still know who I have and how much they (don't) score each week, so I'm involved if not active. Only point I see in jumping for form players is to irk those of you who can actually use them... and while that's fun it's not enough to get me to logon first thing Saturday morning.

I must say I'm enjoying watching matches rather than players as a result of this season's unmitigated failure. But I'll stay active & involved through the end of this season...

17. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually you aren't dead...you just can't get promotion through the league. However because of the wonderful Cannon twist ;) you can still leap frog everybody and grap a promotion spot that way. Everybody is still alive in that one. That would certainly be some sweet revenge for your months at that bottom of the table, right? :D

18. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    how is it possible for the last place team to get promotion

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    It goes back to last season and the rules for the Rock hard cup winner.

20. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Let me just check in and say hello, as I'm 99% on my way to playing with you guys next season. Injuries and injuries are of course responsible, but to make a long story short I dont think I have another Cup run in me this season so I'll console myself with the possibility that come August I can annoy my arch-nemisis Lobo Lobo and ColdDogSoup FC next season.

21. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Arteta scored...how nice :)

22. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :D Stocking up on wiguuuuuuuuum dolls and needles as we speak:D

hmmm I have 5 players this week:mad:

23. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummed that AJ was rested but still a nice 67 for the last round. :cool:

Is it wrong to smile for even a second at hearing that Convey is out for the season just because it helps my fantasy team? :eek: I mean I hope he comes back fine for the US national team but keeping one of my best form mids in Hunt on the pitch is a nice bonus for me after I was forced to drop Convey earlier. Damn the divided loyalties of fantasy football! Almost as bad as having to hope that Rooney would score each week last season. ;)

24. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    you can thank me for dropping him
    my biggest f***** this year definitly

25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club: