Veron To...lag?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by RHSOCCER23, Jul 20, 2007.

1. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Ch 52 Telemundo, Juan Sebastian Veron (former Argentinian Intl) will be coming to MLS. The sportscaster did not say to what team and only said he will be coming next week to the states. He also said he played along with Beckham back in the day. If he's coming to LAG, where will be get the 2nd DP slot from?

2. BrightEyesLA

BrightEyesLA New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I hope this is true. Veron is a player i've followed for years. He's a great 2-way midfielder. I just hope he doesn't go to Chivas USA.

3. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i cant see it happening. i doubt veron would come to la for just the rest of the season the move on and that would have to be the case as landon becomes a designated player next season

4. lokiunt

lokiunt New Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    RSL has been looking at south american player (in addition to Okocha) for their DP slot so its probably them.

5. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i always thought the move was going to be to chivas usa.

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    So Cal
    I didn't even know Veron was still playing footie!

7. galvanator

galvanator Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Atascadero, CA USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played for Argentina in the Copa America that just wrapped up and I believe he is currently playing for Estudiantes in the Argentine league...

8. blank_frack

blank_frack New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Isn't the designated player rule up for review at some point? I have to say that the whole concept of a salary cap is a bit ridiculous when you can plunge the GDP of a small country into one player.