Vergara & ChivasUSA Political Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cyclonis, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No.. the difference is not that big. I mean, what are the chances that you speak Korean or Chinese if you are not from that background? Remember, this is America, where we are not exactly open to learning about other people's cultures. People can't even pick up Spanish when they are surrounded by it every day. Some, can't even speak proper English. How the hell are they going to learn Korean or Chinese?

2. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    What the hell are you even arguing anymore?

3. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    See what I mean about people here being unable to understand English..

4. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    I wrote that as a joke, but if you're going to engage me, you might as well enlighten us with your main point in this thread. What is it? That Americans don't speak other languages? That racism is what makes this country great? What does any of your posts have to do with CUSA and the thread topic of the league having no choice but to lie in the bed they've made?

5. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To summarize...

NYCFC: A foreign billionaire announces another branding project in MLS. People are ecstatic about it, even though the country commits all kinds of human rights violations like forced labor, including prostitution, beatings, withholding of payment, charging workers for benefits which are nominally the responsibility of the employer, severe restrictions on freedom of movement (such as the confiscation passports, travel documents, or exit permits), arbitrary detention, threats of legal action, sexual assault, the power to cancel workers' residency permits, deny workers' ability to change employers, report a worker as "absconded" to police authorities, and deny permission to leave the country. Homosexuality is illegal and if you want a beer after work, forget about it.

On the plus side: They have a hundred million dollars, come from a league where they speak English and ooooh, won't they look nice in that Man City baby blue.

Chivas USA: A foreign billionaire announces a branding project. After some time, it is announced the team will only cater to Spanish speaking people.

On the plus side: There is actually one place in America where being Latin helps out..

Conclusions:

If you hate Chivas USA but are really, really excited about NYCFC = You are a racist scumbag and deserve to beaten with a stick until candy pops out of you like a pinata.

6. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee...then why is one legal and the other not? Oh, yeah...because there's a HUGE difference.:rolleyes:

Seriously, go back to the Cosmos hole from whence you came.

7. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny how it's the Manchester fans that are afraid of becoming the "forgotten" brand.

Hmm...sounds kind of racist, don't you think? Let's automatically paint everybody of a certain country with the same brush! Woohoo!!!

Much better than any regurgitated Cosmos sh*t.

Bzzt! The whole purpose of CUSA was to show up American soccer.

Aren't doctors supposed to be familiar with Latin?

So you've wasted everybody's time and intelligence by pretending to be upset about the hatred towards CUSA...when you're really just bitter that your Cosmos couldn't get their sh*t together and were brushed aside in favor of NYCFC. Great. Now please go and show yourself to the NASL forums and remove yourself from here.

8. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but he's the deputy prime minister! So, you know, he's kinda responsible for running the government, and making laws, so it doesn't have to be a very big brush. Seriously, how are people not just a little discomforted by his buying into the league?

Boloni86 repped this.
  9. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm right and it leaves a huge legal loophole for employers to do whatever they want.

Why was speaking Korean and Chinese not included in the job description? Why did she wait until meeting in person until asking me if I spoke those languages? Again, what are the chances that an American not from those backgrounds arbitrarily learned those languages?

It happens all the time, everywhere. Chivas just has the balls to put in writing. I respect that, rather than the underhanded tactics most companies use.

10. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Meh.. I think the reason you are upset is that I hit the nail one the head. You must be one of those classless people that was jizzing in their pants over NYCFC while at the same time hating Chivas USA despite the fact that they represent largely the same evil, that being a foreign branding projects in our league.

People can try and explain away that discrepancy all they want.. I have a hard time buying their arguments though given the level of excitement and acceptance of NYCFC on these boards (minus the Cosmos fans, of course).

11. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For what it's worth I don't have a problem with Chivas USA or NYCFC.
    CUSA could have actually worked if they hadn't managed the team straight into the ground. If they kept fielding the teams they were fielding in 2007-2008 they would have a very decent fanbase today - but instead they had some ownership infighting and got real, real cheap. Honestly 10 years from now it might be fine, but I would be shocked if they didn't rebrand to try and distance themselves from this time and try and broaden the base a little. We'll see what The Don comes up with.
    As for the whole NYCFC = CUSA thing, I think one troll is basically trying to steal a thread to make some points about how they don't like the new New York team. It's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

12. Mutiny RIP

Mutiny RIP Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Bradenton, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I know that. However, my post referred to how the entity of Man City operates, not how the UAE operates. Man City has no ethnic, national, or race based hiring preferences that I am aware of. In other words, the UAE ownership appears to follow the laws of the UK when operating Man City. Back in UAE, they do make and enforce laws that discriminate and oppress, and I would not visit the UAE for that reason. Hopefully in running NYCFC, they will respect US law and not try to import their discriminatory practices from the UAE. If they do try to import such practices, they should be kicked out of the league. I just don't want anyone importing discriminatory practices from their countries into MLS.

13. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...says the person that has already been proven wrong over and over again.
    ...and you don't think that they'll be called out on it?

Perhaps you could show us this job description? Or the name of the company? Maybe you should have researched the job that you were applying for?
    Or do you honestly believe that companies become successful by actively ignoring their target audience?
    See above comment.

Chivas "having the balls" to openly flout employment law is blatant incompetence and willfully stupid...so yes, I'm not surprised at all that you would respect that.

14. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just keep telling yourself that you're right and you may actually believe it.

You couldn't be further from the truth--I've made my feelings very clear over the years that the league had no need for a second team in NYC. But again, it's completely laughable that a Cosmos fan would try to claim any sort of authority on teams existing only as "brands.":rolleyes:

Excitement? Acceptance? Where? Just because those of us that are glad the Cosmos blew their chance doesn't mean we're eager to see NYCFC play in a baseball stadium for the foreseeable future.

By all means, feel free to keep entertaining me.

15. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you think he can just tell the people "forget the life you're used to...we want to gain the approval of the "Western" world." Yeah...good luck with that.

16. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What?!?
    I'm saying that I disagree with MLS' involvement with him altogether, as it goes against their previous "Don't Cross the Line" campaign. I find it very hypocritical of them to say preach tolerance, and then turn around and get into business with him.

17. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    You do know that you can stamp these human rights violations on every country in the world, including the US right?

No seriously, everything you just said there happens in the U.S. ALL THE TIME.

I hate it when people delude themselves into believing that we're a utopian society and every one else are barbarians.

scott47a, Boloni86 and looknohands repped this.
  18. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    But MLS has never had a team in NYC...

[​IMG]

19. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sheesh.. I never knew somebody that talked so much without actually saying anything. You want we to type out the job description so you can prove a point? Get a life!

But we are not exactly placing the seal of approval on that kind of behavior. That stuff happens here, but in the underground. It is not government sanctioned like over there.

And nobody is deluding themselves into anything, you ignorant barbarian. As an immigrant, I frequently point out areas that can be improved here and doubly so in less enlightened places like Qatar.

20. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In other words, you didn't research the job position that you applied for. Got it.

21. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People of earth, this thread is about Goats Lite... and equating their situation to NYCFC is a bit of a stretch. Are their some concerns about NYCFC you are freaked about? Put it a thread elsewhere, but here... it's truly apples and kiwis.

As YANKEE DEVIL said two posts previous... when is Chivas USA going to stop being the skid mark of MLS? Leaving aside all the idiocy of their astoundingly stupid "latino-forward" hiring (both on field and off), it's pretty clear that Vergara doesn't care about the entity of the organization... just how much the "rights" of owning LA2 is.'

tm

Flex Buffchest repped this.
  22. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I love people making statements about what owner X, Y or Z is thinking or what he cares about.

Way to make such a confident absolute statement on something you couldn't possibly know anything about.

23. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No amount of facts will ever deter Boloni86 from clinging to his version of reality.

24. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #24 Cyclonis, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Another problem is that America has become full of ignorant-loyalist weenies. "REAL" freedom includes the choice to make the wrong decision sometimes. I guess we have not had real freedom in so long that the absence of it does not register with many people.

I am not sure if the Chivas model is right or wrong and frankly, I don't care. However, having misguided fools impose their tyrannical will upon a company just because they are against their neo-fascist agenda is everything America is against.

We are a capitalist country and just because some people want to take away other people's freedom b/c of civil rights, segregation, morality or b/c their va-j-j hurts, it does not mean that any of that crap makes us any money. You know.. $$$ .. the green stuff aka what really matters. I guess with all the speech making and finger pointing everyone is doing, that has been forgotten.

Thus, if anyone can come up with an intellectual reason why my proposition of allowing said companies to hire whomever they want but at a much higher tax rate, is either flawed or can think of a better way to make profit off the situation, I would gladly hear it. Otherwise, just stop arguing and begin taking notes.. Sheesh! Just count your lucky stars that I take the time to share my brilliance with you pond scum.

[​IMG]

If you hate freedom.. You hate America!!!​

25. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow... I think I want to start singing... "TROLL-LO-LO-LO... lo-lo lo... lololo...trollo-lololooooo!"