Ventura Alvarado at FC Juarez

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Moretti

Moretti Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    http://www.espndeportes.com/news/st...ado-del-plantel-tras-haber-encarado-a-mohamed

Word is that apparently Paul Aguilar, "injured" player whom Ventura Alvarado replaced the other day, got in a fight with one of the coaching staff and is reportedly out for the rest of the tournament. If this is true then considering how well Alvarado performed the past game then chances are he will probably start the remaining games. Huge opportunity for him to make his name at the club if you ask me.

2. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting right now.

3. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    90 mins, 0-0.

On to the final against Tigres.

Pl@ymaker and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  4. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Testudo and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A championship next to his name will definitely make both federations interested in him maybe Mexico even more so since the need to build 2 squads next summer for Copa oro and Copa America. Jurgen better call him ASAP if he wants him

Jsean, Pl@ymaker and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    What position has he been playing?

7. Moretti

Moretti Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He's originally a center back but due to absences he's been playing as a RB or RWB depending on Turco's scheme.

Jsean repped this.
  8. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    RB cuz no Aguilar he's primarily a CB though. Wasn't able to catch the game but he got favorable reviews

Jsean repped this.
  9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It'll be tough to get a call up to our team at those positions. Those are two of our deepest positions, in terms of quality depth. Those are two of Mexico's weaker positions, so going with Mexico might be a better option for him.

10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    You definitely wouldn't have found it unless you'd looked halfway down the first page. Coulda happened to anyone.

;)

11. eric

eric Member

Apr 15, 1999
    cleveland, oh, usa
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I thought the move out to the right would expose him a bit but he has done well. I can 't see how he would not get a look soon. If Cameron is a MF from now on, one could make the argument that excluding FJ he is the defender playing at the best team in our pool.

Jsean and USAMEX10 repped this.
  12. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Would also be highly marketable with the huge Mexican fan base and female population = more fans/exposure

Jsean and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yedlin and Chandler are both playing RB. That would likely make him at best third at RB. If Johnson continues to play RB, he'd likely be at best 4th. When will he be able to be called up and those European-based players won't? The USA-Mexico friendly in April is the only game I can think of.

By April at CB, he'll have to compete with the likes of Hedges, Hagglund, Birnbaum and Schuler at CB. I'm not counting on him being among the two best of the North American US-eligible CB's that I just named.

His best chance to get a US call up is looking like it would be at RB in April against Mexico since its looking like we will be weak at that position of US-eligible players playing in North America.

14. eric

eric Member

Apr 15, 1999
    cleveland, oh, usa
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I already included FJ. Until I see a Tottenham line up with Yedlin in it, I am not going to include him. I disagree with you on Eintracht, I think they are punching way above their weight right now (good for them BTW) but do not think they beat C. America on a neutral field. And I was raised to hate America so that is hard for me to say.

Pl@ymaker and Jsean repped this.
  15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Those are three players that are established on our National Team already. I doubt he's not going to get into the squad over established players just because he's playing for one of the best teams in Mexico.

16. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Has anyone actually seen him play? I haven't. But if he's playing at CA and getting starts that's impressive. CA>any MLS club, IMHO, so he needs to be closely monitored.

17. eric

eric Member

Apr 15, 1999
    cleveland, oh, usa
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Re-read my post.

"I thought the move out to the right would expose him a bit but he has done well. I can 't see how he would not get a look soon. If Cameron is a MF from now on, one could make the argument that excluding FJ he is the defender playing at the best team in our pool."

I simply said that other than FJ he is the defender playing at the best club right now. You and I disagree on Eintracht and that's fine of course. But no where did I say that makes him better than anyone, just that he warrants a look.

USAMEX10, Tom Collingsworth and Jsean repped this.
  18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I probably shouldn't have even quoted your post. I was just trying to post my thoughts. Wasn't even really commenting on what you were saying.

19. eric

eric Member

Apr 15, 1999
    cleveland, oh, usa
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    No problem. It's all good. Cheers mate

Jsean and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  20. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Tigres took the first leg 1-0, goal on a cross after Alvarado was beaten on the dribble. Torres went 90 for Tigres, Gomez an unused sub.

USAMEX10 repped this.
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    America up 2-1 on aggregate in a sold out estadio Azteca

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    America won the playoffs 3-1 on aggregate. The 2nd half featured 4 red cards, 3 for Tigres.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An update from Brian S:

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/club-america-s-alvarado-hopes-for-usmnt-call

With 2014 ending on such a high note, Alvarado is now focused on 2015. His dreams revolve not just around Club America but also with making his entrance into the international arena as well. In the fall, a report from Mexico stated that Alvarado declined interest from the United States to instead hold out for a Mexican call-up.

Alvarado clarified that account, stating that he did receive a U.S. call-up at the U-17 level but commitments with Club America’s youth team forced him to decline. And if Jurgen Klinsmann called him in today? “I’d go,” Alvarado said without a moment's hesitation.

Alvarado declined to say whether he has spoken with Klinsmann or U.S. soccer staff, and he also says that it's possible he will play for Mexico if El Tri shows concrete interest before the U.S does. However it plays out, Alvarado's success in 2014 has amplified his motivation. “One of the goals I had when I started playing was to be champion of Mexico with Club America,” Alvarado said. “It was the dream."

"My next is the national team. I really want to play for the U.S. I would love if if they called me. I think I’ve picked up some attention after winning the championship, playing and doing a good job. I hope they call me.”