Venky's on Rovers' Current Form

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Revelian, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-qqIE8bGaU&feature=feedu"]EXCLUSIVE - Venkys and Blackburn owner on protests - YouTube[/ame]

He's effing deluded.

Revelian

2. vichuck

vichuck Member

Jul 25, 2008
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but at least we had the delightful match on Saturday....though I think that is more of a testament to Arsenal being complete shite than Rovers having any certain level of quality.

3. USRoverDE

USRoverDE Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its amazing that Rovers can win when Arsenal scored 5 of the game's 7 goals!

Though, I was impressed, even if we HAD lost that game, I've not seen Rovers cause a team like Arsenal problems with our attacking intent in many a season.

4. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Beating the arse was great fun, but that doesn't mean we're going to survive. We still have what I consider to be a sub-standard Premiership squad.

It was sooo nice spanking some arse, though. :D

Revelian

5. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Same old rubbish since then. I had sent an e-mail to the addresses below, and it went like this:

To whom it may concern,
    I know many of you probably delete my messages as soon as you recognise my e-mail address, but I still feel that I should hassle you and make you realise that your position as owners of Blackburn Rovers Football Club is severely damaged, and if some organisation like Qatar Petroleum offer to buy the club again you should sell.There is a growing frustration at your apparent lack of any plan on how to run the club, and steer it away from the current problems it faces. In fact when fans read stories about the lack of funding and the issue surrounding the £100m loan taken out against the club's assets (see links 1,2,3 and 4) and your complete lack of communication from your organisation about these issues leads many to think you are either incompetent or cynical asset strippers willing to destroy the club for a bit of brand recognition and a few quick bucks. The silence is deafening, and is more so when it seems that the club needs to sell many senior and talented players just to keep solvent.

When the reality of our situation is contrasted with the claims you have made since you have taken over the club, along with that deluded manager Steven Kean, whom you steadfastly support, you seem to be living in another world. The fact that the few times you have made public statements, they seem to have been divorced from reality has made many fans think of you as cynical liars who think we are idiots who can be duped by a few warm words (See link 5). Many simply don't believe the statement issued last month about continuing funding, when the club has not been funded on the pitch at least, at all (See link 6). The sale of Phil Jones has covered all the fees for players since then. And with the continuing stories that Salgado and Roberts are being frozen out because of contract issues and not because they're either too old or simply not good enough, a picture emerges of a club with no money, owned by people who either don't have the financial power to back up their ambitions, or are petulant liars who are bored with their new toy and want to extract as much money as possible before putting the club in the bin. Those are harsh words, but that really is how you have presented yourselves since you have owned the club.

It seems that making claims that bear no correlation to reality seems to be an article of faith for those who work at Blackburn Rovers since John Williams, Sam Allardyce and Tom Finn were removed from their posts in favour of Steve Kean and whoever is in charge of the boardroom (if there is someone acting as a chairman or CEO). At the beginning of the season we were treated to claims we can make the Champions League under Kean in around 4 years (see link 7) despite Kean leading us down the table and just avoiding relegation on the last day. Even then, we fans were sceptical to say the least about these bold claims. Despite your expressed desire for European competition when you removed Sam Allardyce, an experienced and capable manager in favour of Kean (see link 8), you publicly back Kean's abilities despite spending most of this season in the relegation places (see link 9), and consistently telling lies and making excuses about his continuing failure (see link 10). The fact that Steve Kean has been backed despite the awful results makes many Rovers fans think that you are all either fooled by some nonsense he tells you on his trips to Pune, or you are working in partnership with him in dismembering the club for personal gain.

So to summarise, in my opinion you probably have two options, try and find someone wealthy capable of running a football club to buy it off you (you probably missed that if the Qatari rumours were true), or get a grip of the financial situation and convince whichever of you controls the funding that the club needs to keep hold of the better players, Kean needs to be removed and a proper CEO needs to be appointed to control the day-to-day activity. The current state of affairs will leave the club in pieces and a lot of angry people cursing your name. It looks like a complete shambles from the outside.

Yours Sincerely,

Tom Heywood.

balajirao@venkys.com
    vineeth_rao@venkys.org
    phunt@rovers.co.uk
    rovers@venkys.in

6. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You go girl. :cool:

Revelian

7. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Now, this document has surfaced this evening, stating concerns the former board members John Williams and Tom Finn about the way in which Venkys were conducting their business by bypassing the board and getting involved with SEM, Jerome Anderson's agency. The is authentic enough to be for The Guardian to write up a story on it.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/01/15/revealed-the-letter-that-exposes-the-history-of-blackburn-rovers-crisis-150102/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/15/blackburn-rovers-board-dismay-venkys