vengeance! vengeance! VENGEANCE! VENGEANCE!

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Jake1983

Jake1983 Red Card

Nov 5, 2005
    Paradise

A Dry vagina is always better than the hand

2. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Now what kind of person would say that. Moron.

Boy you lot sure got a thing fot the dramatic don't you ;) . Always good to see so much passion for the game (except for the abovementioned moronic statement, of course)

In any case, I was hoping we (yes, it may not say so at my 'favorite teams', but I do support PSV when in European competition and not buying out my club, silverbullet!) wouldn't draw you again, cause this time around, you've got our number. Good to see you've changed coaches though, although that may also prove a problem for PSV.

I think it will be similarly close this time, and a tie that could really go either way again. Lyon has the better squad, but PSV tends to play above it's class in games like these. We´ve got some good young talents that mature with strides (due to games like these) on the midfield this year.

Lastly, I feel the supporters of a team that fields a certain Essien should never be allowed to complain about unsportsmanlike conduct :)

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Speaking of dramatic.... :(

It was a Joke... Sarcasm.... Humour.....

Nobody wants Guus' heart to explode.... Especially with Houllier's bad ticker, if anyone is going to drop like a sack of potatoes on the sideline, it's Gerard.

Anyways, we'll see. Sucks we have to wait ages for this tie. Who knows what either team will look like then.

4. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Houllier's got a bad ticker? didn't know that. Now that you mention it, I do remember something about a coach in England that had problems, didn't know it was him. Sorry for the overreaction, I just thought it was a nasty thing to say.
    But a good point about the look of the squads at the time of our tie, is Lyon looking to buy this winter?

5. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't see Lyon adding anyone in the Mercato.
    They are deep at most positions. A catastrophic injury to Cris, or Coupet would be the biggest problem. By the time this tie comes round, Lyon should be healthy at left back getting both Abidal and Berthod back.

Has Beasly done anything for PSV this year?

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    joep, all the guys here will tell you i've got a heart of gold.

actually i've nothing against hiddink; he did what he had to do, how else was psv going to play with OL? the problem was nielsen letting them do it. sure OL played physical too, but that's not our game, it was a huge disadvantage to us to have the match played that way. a referee has to find the right tone for a match, one that allows both teams to express themselves. nielsen couldn't or wouldn't do that.

in our second leg last year, the team that would have loved nothing better than get a little fluidity into the game was the one who got two bookings in the opening minutes, even though they were the ones getting beaten up!

depor tried the same thing against OM in the intertoto as you did to us last year. they finished at 8 against 11.

who would you buy if you were lacombe? there are no players of the quality that could add something to our squad available who are not cup-tied. so the answer is we're standing pat.

7. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Beas has been injured all season long I think. Either way, I'm not really his biggest fan and don't think he should start.

About PSV, they probably won't buy anyone in the winter, but there are several players who are allowed to play after the winterbreak who weren't allowed to play before like Ball, Culina (of australia) and Kone (of Ivory coast and is on loan from my team, Roda JC). The last two are good players, with lots of potential.

There are several players who have returned from long-time injury, among who beasly, but the most notable is midfielder Vayrinen. Good player at Heerenveen, could be good at PSV although we haven't seen much of him.