Venezuela vs Colombia (r) Quals to WC06

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by efernandez9, Jan 24, 2005.

1. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    I dont know if to be sad or extra sad. Come on, this is venezuela. I know they have improved but we look, on paper, strong then them by a far margin. We play harder against stronger opossition but this is just another point of view of colombian ignorance.

If we do not get a point against Argentina or Peru, in June. We can start to relax because we will just be playing stupid friendlies in mid-06.

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mon Mar 28 02:00PM Pacific
    Mon Mar 28 03:00PM Mountain
    Mon Mar 28 04:00PM Central
    Mon Mar 28 05:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr D
    Gol TV
    World Cup Qualifying - CONMEBOL/Eliminatoria Sudamericana
    Venezuela vs Colombia

3. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey can someone help me out some of you guys said that Vargas should start next game but I dont he can play for acumulation of yellow cards. Does anyone know if this is correct?

4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    did he get a yellow in last night's game?

5. tiburon

tiburon New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL
    nah he didnt only orozco and bedoya did

6. InterIRC4

InterIRC4 New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Miami , FL
    I cant believe Colombia played so bad against venezuela :mad:
    Castillo was horrible, I really dont know how we expect to do anything vs Argentina.But whatever lets keep the faith

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hopefully another draw.....

8. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's getting impossible to watch my NT. I want to like jump in the field and slap all the players from Colombia and say " WAKE UP". Ferreira was a disspointment as was Giovanny. And I know Bedoya and Orozco aren't Cafu and Roberto Carlos, but NOT ONE SINGLE RUN up the line....disgusting! If we are to lose against the Argentinos, then let's put it all out there. Let's at least go down with SOME dignity. I hate to say it, but Ecuador, as far as NT play is the 3rd best team right now. They do what they have to do and put some balls into the game. I'm so tired of watching Castillo do nothing. So tired of watching Yepes try SOMETHING 'cause the rest of the team is just Sleeping! What is Rueda telling these players during halftime : "oiga Yepes, te gusta Francia?" , "Me gusta tu cortado de pelo Bedoya, esta chevere"...POR QUE SE SABE que no le dice es NADA para meterle cambio y ganas al equipo cuando se necesita. Que eqipo tan pasivo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esto es lo que quiere ver el Miercoles:

--------------------------Calero-------------------------

H Palacyos-------Yepez ---------Cordoba --------- Viveros

---------Vargas -------------------Oviedo----------------

Giovanny --------------- Perea -------------------Pacheco

------------------------------------------Herrera

9. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    si contra Venezuela jugamos mal en colombia, el sabado nos volvió a asustar ese fantasma......nos dio miedo, a Rueda le dio miedo, y si no es por Calero, hoy estariamos ya por fuera del mundial.

10. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The team passive approach is a direct reflection to the coach. I do not like Rueda and I think the guy who has the character you look for is guiding the youngster.

Too bad Lara can't be in charge of all levels of NT.

11. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hablando de Ecuador, necesitamos que Ecuador le gane a Perú para que nos quite ese fantasma de encima tambien, contando con que nosotros empatemos o ganemos, si empatamos les sacamos 2 puntos de ventaja a ellos, y si ganamos son 4. Asi, Ecuador ganando se va ya por el 3er lugar, y nosotros preliamos 4/5 con Uruguay, Paraguay (que va en caida libre) y Chile (si es que le ganan a Paraguay.)

Bolivia x Venezuela La Paz (necesitamos un empate o que pierda Venezuela)
    Uruguay x Brasil Montevideo (empate o que pierda Uruguay)
    Peru x Ecuador Lima (que gane Ecuador)
    Paraguay x Chile Asunción (empate or que gane Paraguay)
    Argentina x Colombia Buenos Aires (empate o que ganemos)

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I haven't thought of a lineup yet, but I agree with you in that from now on Colombia only has one choice: Jugar pa'lante. No more 4-5-1's: 3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-4, I don't care how but we need to add people to the attack, we need to score, bring Milton, Rodallega, Ballesteros, Arzuaga, Champeta because making 1 point at a time we're going no where. And if everybody thinks we're going to lose against the Argies, well lets play bold and try to defeat the odds.

13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need help from everybody now, not the best situation.

But we need Brazil, Argentina and now Ecuador to break lose and win, win, win (except when they play against Colombia).
    We also need help from Bolivia, to be consistent in winning at home and not collecting many points outside).
    We need the other 5 teams to tie when they play amongst them and to loose to the top 3.
    And most of all, we have to win at least 12 points!!!

Easier said than done...

14. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

What's crazy is that all other results from the last 3 games have given the NT plenty of chance to go up some spots. Colombia has to think about Colombia and win. Rueda had a much more offense minded approach when coaching the youngsters. He needs to start placing his tactics when they count. This is when I wish we did have a foreign coach (ala Gallego, Passarella) that would say, "you guys have the talent, now go and show me that you deserved a 'call-up' ". I know that Lara is figuring that if we lose, let's not lose 3-0, because right now we're +1 in Goal Diff., with Uruguay, Ven. and Chile in the red, with GD. But we can't play that game . We need these 3 points badly. Colombia needs to play this game as if it was the last option (although it almost will be). He needs to trust his GK and 3 guys in the back for 'D' and keep Argentina busy upfront.

15. Quick Kick

Quick Kick Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Miami, FL
    lfsr1544 you hit the nail on the head. This team is PASSIVE. They are contenet holding possesion, but not to attack to not be attacked. I liked the idea of change when Rueda came in, but his chicken ball way of playing is killing us. He is keeping the team on life support slowly stringing us along. I know he came into a difficult position points wise, but time is running out and we need to play to win. Lets go out fighting not like cowards. This cowardly attitude is being transmitted to our team and is being reflected in the stupid mistakes that our players make. Confidence starts at the top, if your leader is not transmitting confidence its a lost cause. Hopefully this poor result against Venezuela will shake something loose. I'm still going to watch the games and support me team to the end, but please Rueda give us something to be confident about.