Venezuela 2007 - Copa America - Resources Page

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Palermo10, Jul 8, 2006.

1. superlimey

superlimey Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Boulder, CO
    I didn't realise this at first so I'm guessing some others may have missed this too. The USA's 1st and 3rd games (Argentina and Colombia) are double headers with the other teams in Group C facing off in the same venue.

Another good reason to go as you'll get to see the Argies and Colombia play twice - although not against each other.

Plus you'll get to see Shakira sing the Colombian National Anthem in the Maracaibo double header if that floats your boat.

2. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    First I need to get my hands on the tickets then everything else is down hill
    It seems people aren't giving any info on tickets yet?

3. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

Woah. Amazing. If there was any doubt, this will be the best. trip. ever.

4. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I agree no matter what team you are going for!:D

5. Cjholden15

Cjholden15 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Does anyone know if there are any travel packages for Copa America available? Maybe flight and tickets to US games?

6. superlimey

superlimey Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Boulder, CO
    No packages or Package providers any more (Soccervacations is aparently AWOL).

Just book your flight and 1st night accom and you're pretty much sorted.

US Soccer should be sending an email offering tkts from their allotment when they know the details. Bottom line - make sure you sign up at ussoccerfan.com to get on the mailing list.

7. BellaVenezolana

BellaVenezolana New Member

Mar 19, 2007
    :eek: wtf???? this is why so many people hate americans, because of people like you.... retarded!!!!!!!

well guys i was just searching for more information about copa america in venezuela, and i found this site, im originally from Puerto Ordaz- Venezuela, but im living in the US right now, well if you guys need information about the situation, prices or whatever, here am i... :)

8. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    get ready for an onslaught of dudes.:D

9. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
  10. jthomassap

jthomassap New Member

May 2, 2007
    My sources in Venezuela say that they will be released on May 10th. You can check on the following website:http://www.delujopromociones.com/
    They seem to have won the concesion for selling the tickets online and at different places...

Of course there is always rumors running around that Chavez has taken 80% of the tickets for his buddies in the goverment. I'm sure its more rumor than true.

I know the folks at PDV are getting first shot at them.

11. BARQUISIMETANO2007

BARQUISIMETANO2007 New Member

May 14, 2007
    hi fans of copa america 2007....iam of barquisimeto city live....i want to help you for hotels, cars, clubs....USA team isgoin to game in this city vs argentina team....bye

12. Missmessi

Missmessi New Member

May 19, 2007

Can you please send my some information for tickets to Copa, online doesn't seem to be up and running or they are sold out, I don't speak spanish so i can not read that site delujopromociones

13. Missmessi

Missmessi New Member

May 19, 2007

help me find tickets, do you know if there are more going on sale through the internet?

14. Missmessi

Missmessi New Member

May 19, 2007

The phone number on that delujopromociones sire does not work for me, maybe the area code from here is different....Any suggestios? Any more online tickets coming?

15. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Apparently another stage of ticket sales (for the cheap seats!) is starting on Monday. I am not sure if it is only at brick-and-mortar offices in Venezuela or online.

I would vigilantly keep checking back to the website for ticket availability. Delujo seems to be operating on a trial-and-error principle. First they didn't have enough server capacity, then they didn't have any means to pay for the tickets once you got through, then if you were able to pay the bank rejected your card, now if you try to pay for a "rejected" order you can't. But you CAN pay for orders in "su cuenta" (your account) if you haven't tried to pay for them before. I think they may only be accepting Mastercard, though the pay service claims to accept Visa.

I finally got an order approved for tickets to USA-Argentina and Argentina-Colombia. But they haven't told me how I'll actually GET the tickets...again, trial-and-error for them.

Bottom line, they have botched so many "orders" that I have a feeling many of these pending orders will be cancelled, thus freeing up tickets for you. Keep trying. Then again you may be the lucky one. I have paid, but I may not get my tickets!!

16. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone.

I didn't previously have an account with ussoccerfan.com but just signed up now. I am interested in going to the game against Argentina, but really have no clue about game tickets and when they go on sale. I've read through this thread but haven't found a concrete date as to when ussoccer will allott their tickets or whatever.

Any more info regarding tickets and when they go on sale? Or packages?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

17. The Wisdom Cube

The Wisdom Cube New Member

Oct 7, 2005
    Clemson, SC
    I sent US soccer an email a week ago and the bastards never even sent me a reply. Feel free to give it a try yourself though:

http://www.ussoccer.com/contact/index.jsp.html

18. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Bar... what is 'the' part of town to be in? Lounge bars/clubs.... also, what area should one completely avoid? Is the stadium located within city limits?

19. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Try 011 + 58 (country code) + 0212 (city code) 952-1837.

I found it using the Venezuela yellow pages. link is below. I also found over 20 hotel spots in Maracaibo + San Cristobal using the same service... They arent rated though:(

http://db.paginasamarillascantv.com...ado_ID=ZUL&Ciudad_ID=MBO&TipoCliID=0000030125

20. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was listening to a Caracas news station and the tix demand IS VERY HIGH. People in many of the tix offices have been waiting for OVER 12 HOURS. Some are sold out and many feel that there's some type of conspiracy with the tix sales. Some places are asking $1,000 per tix, so the scalping season has begun....not a good thing!

21. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Have you heard anything about how tickets purchased online will actually be distributed? I have a "confirmed" purchase (they even debited my credit card) for USA-Argentina and Argentina-Colombia. They have not given me any indication as to how and where I might pick them up or whether they'd send them to me in the states.

Also, any sense as to which venues are most likely to be moved? I don't want to book a flight to Maracaibo and end up having to find my way to Puerto Ordaz...

22. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There is a list of like 12 distribution points where you currently go to get your tix if you're in Venezuela (they're def in all the cities that are hosting the tourney). I assume the same distribution points will be where you redeem your tix. However, as I mention in the post below, I hope I dont have to spend 12 hours in a line waiting for my tix!

Regarding the stadium, it looks so far like Barquisimeto and Barinas are the ones currently delayed that would affect Group C. Maracaibo is done, so it's a pretty sure bet that all there is ok.

23. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

I just bought tix for the US match in Barinas. Both other matches look like they are sold out. Bollocks!

24. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

If IT'S ANYTHING like the Copa in Peru, they're will be plenty of tix to scalp.