VCF vs. Depor [R] Copa del Rey (2nd leg)

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by Catfish, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Match Preview with Starting XI's
    http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/news.php
    I think Valencia are a better side now with Valeron going down. He really was the MF that controlled the tempo.
    I predict a 2-1 win for VCF.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    That would be fine with me, although the way we collapse in situations like this, I can easily see this scoreline becoming ugly :eek:.

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well Valencia a man down has scored, but real classy stuff from the fans :rolleyes:.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks like the match has been suspended...........

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I saw that they were mentioning acts of violence.
    Roll my eyes, are you kidding me???

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Villa's goal was still pretty sweet. I don't care what club you support.

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Someone (not sure if it was a Depor supporter or a Valencia supporter) threw something and hit the linesman giving him a cut over his eye. Some reports say it could have been a Depor supporter, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. Oh and the Villa goal was class. He made Juanma look really bad.

8. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    [​IMG]

Guess it was Depor supporter given that Villa had just scored.

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't know who it was, but I'm so sick of this childish behavior.

10. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Could have been a Depor supporter, but why? Just because Valenica scored isn't a good enough reason. We were getting all the calls and the Valencia supporters were more than upset with the refs. Whom ever it was, doesn't deserve to be called a "fan" and I hope they resolve this.

11. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I guess I might be wrong as As is saying that the Valencia fans had been upset with the officals since Marchena was sent off and had been 'protesting' throughout the half.
    If it was Valencia fan, the club will be in big trouble. Thrown out of la Copa?

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree. I hope they use cameras to find out who this pig was and punish him severely!

13. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    They think it might have been a lighter that was thrown. What a disgrace, it does not matter who threw the object, Depor or Valencia fan it is time for Spanish soccer to get their act together. When you do not punish people when they do things that are wrong they will continue to do them.

14. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
  15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They can't watch the match over again via camera and scan the stadium to see where it came from. Which ever club's supporters threw the object, I know it is rash, but kick them out of the Copa del Rey!
    Maybe supporters will get a frickin clue???

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  18. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    That's fair. I wonder if they will play next week sometime. Hopefully this is not the end of punishment for Valencia.

19. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    I thought that Valencia was supposed to control it`s fans, they might be fined but that will be it. As for this match, does this mean that we start at 1-0 Valencia and with them still a man down?

Behind closed doors doesn`t favor them as they need the support of thier fans, still it will be an explosive 44 minutes.

20. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Amen, and this isn't even the first time that Valencia ********ed us over this year. Remember Aimar's spit earlier in the season? What happened with that? A big fat nothing.

And that comment from the president...I can well understand why they have earned the nickname "llorones."

21. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    True, Valencia is one of the worst, if not the worst team I've seen when it comes to playing dirty. There were also some other occasions in that match where they snuch in a few bad tackles, etc.

22. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    www.Deportivo-la-Coruna.com "An official fanclub"

I never thought of it that way, although I doubt anything will come of this.

23. Sandeman

Sandeman New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Spanish FA is a joke! Valencia should be forced to forefit and their next two home games should be played behind closed doors! Instead, Depor is the team who suffers by having to fly back to Valencia, play 46 mins against a well rested 10 man squad who will defend the hell out of their goal and force the game to PK's. This whole cup tie is an absolute joke! Valencia plays dirty(Carboni's elbow to Valeron's forehead and Marchena's forearm to Arizmendi's face) and their president Juan Soler is a trouble making jackass who, when making the comment "Depor's players will fly through the air," made a tense situation worse and probably motivated that stupid fan to throw that thing at the ref. Valencia cries and whines about the penalty in the first leg of the tie, but what about the blatent handball by Miguel inside the box that wasn't called? Did Depor cry like little girls about the missed call? NO! Valencia is a pathetic organization who should be ashamed of themselves, how dare they complain about playing the rest of the match in an empty stadium! F**K Valencia, their president, and their fans! ANTIVALENCISTA SEMPRE!!

24. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ******** yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!