Various teams' Golden Ages?

Discussion in 'San Jose OT' started by Goodsport, May 30, 2018.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 Goodsport, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    The Golden State Warriors' continued run of success the last few years (both on the court and organizationally as a whole) got me thinking about when each of my favorite teams experienced its Golden Age (just counting their time in the Bay Area in the case of the Giants and the Warriors).

That doesn't necessarily mean only their championship years, but an entire block of consecutive years where they were competitive and could sincerely be considered championship contenders.

Three of my five favorite pro teams have had clear Golden Ages:

San Jose Earthquakes: 2001-2005
    Golden State Warriors: 2015-present
    San Francisco 49ers: 1981-1998

It might seem that the San Francisco Giants Golden Age was from 2010 to 2014 due to the three MLB World Series' won in that span, but would the Giants of the 1960's or perhaps the late 1980's be a better fit for their Golden Age due to the annual consistency of success?

One could say that the San Jose Sharks Stanley Cup runner-up season of 2015-2016 was part of their Golden Age, but it was preceded by a season when they didn't even make the playoffs and was followed by two seasons with a first-round exit and second-round exit, respectively. Conversely, their 2007-2008 season to 2010-2011 season run included four division titles, two consecutive trips to Conference Finals and an NHL Presidents' Trophy win (for the 2008-2009 season), but it doesn't include the team's only trip thus far to the Stanley Cup.

In any case, when was your teams' Golden Age? :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G