vapor shoe care

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by zizou9, Jan 27, 2003.

1. zizou9

zizou9 New Member

Sep 28, 2001
    Georgia
    how are you supposed to care for the vapor? i see any instructions in the box or anything like that and was wondering if anyone knew.

2. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    I don't own a pair, but I'd have to say that since they're a synthetic boot, there really isn't much care involved.

You can't really polish them, but I suppose you could wipe them with a damp cloth.

3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had a pair of vapors and they are real easy to care for just wipe them with a wet cloth and thats about it, be careful though the nike skin stuff can get a real funky odor if they get left in your bag after a wet game and it stays with the shoe.

I could guess its my own foot funk but I have about 17 other pairs of boots and the Vapor is the only pair that have ever got funky, I think it has to do with the fact the shoe doesnt breath as much as a true leather or even most microfiber because of the all most rubber like feeling of Nike Skin my total 90 2's have a dry fit liner and i think that helps them breath better than the Vapor

4. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    What's the durability of the nike skin like? Do the toes chaff like leather?

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Its very strong in terms of support and feel but the tounge where its attached at the bottom of the shoe ripped on mine after like 3 months the store said they had never seen it happen before and I think it was partly due to a studs up challenge I got an MLS try out that got stuck under the tounge. The toes stay together pretty well too I had no fabric loss on mine.

The only thing with the Nike skin is due to it being so thin you dont get a ton of protection from people steping on your foot but that is the price you pay for the lightness I guess.