Post-match: Vancouver Whitecaps FC - San Jose Earthquakes (Saturday, 7/20) postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jul 21, 2019.

1. sacrxy

sacrxy BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 6, 2003
    In series, not parallel

2. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in NorCal for the weekend and off the grid. Watched the game last night. Dam this team is a pleasure to watch with Vako being the prime one. Teams are literally just giving up in the last 10-15 minutes. Did you see Vancouver sitting back while they were losing 3-1?

Other than the poor defending on the goal from TT and Wondo (don't turn your back or move away from a shot!), we played well and controlled the game. Cummings and Lima where both shaky with Lima still not on the page with others on the team.

Very, very disappointed in Dos Santo for targeting Espinoza with fake fouls to get in his head or carded. Even more disappointed that the center fell for it. Officiating was shaky at best in the first half and most of the game. I guess that is a sign of respect that teams are playing physically against the Quakes (I.e. can't match up against the Quakes).

Vako is just mentally abusing teams at the moment. Teams can't just put 2-3 players on him as we are getting numbers forwarded which gives him an outlet to create. Huge difference over last year when we had only 1-2 players in attack.

Scott Rohde and Sactown Soccer repped this.
  4. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spare me the self-righteousness. It's all about winning. Losing with class is still losing.

5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does that even mean.... the win happened regardless of any post-game tweets, so "losing" was not an option (or ever in the control of) the social media team.

hc897 repped this.
  6. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm saying that I don't care what the Quakes tweet/say, as long as they win.

7. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Hmmm. I really recommend reconsidering your position on this one.

8. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry man, the Quakes have been so disappointing for so long, that at this point all I want from them is just wins. I don't care about community engagements, goodwill donations, meet and greet sessions, root beer floats.

I just want wins--especially at home. That's it.