Vancouver Expansion Thread - News, articles, discussion

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by canuckred, Apr 24, 2008.

1. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TFC does not outdraw the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays' average attendance last year was [SIZE=-1]29,143, about 9k more than TFC. Their total attendance was [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]2,360,648, or about 2 million more than TFC.[/SIZE]

2. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Read his post over again. You do realize TFC's total stadium capacity is a little over 20 000? Also, The Blue Jays play 80 home games compared to TFC's 15. If TFC had a 30 000 seater stadium, they would outdraw the Jays.

3. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know what he said. My point was that just because the Blue Jays don't sell out it doesn't mean TFC out draws them. We don't know what would happen if TFC had a 30k or even 50k stadium (like the Blue Jays), but we know for a fact that the Blue Jays outdraw TFC in terms of average attendance and total attendance. The fact that they play 80 home games a year makes their average even more impressive. Could TFC (or the Maple Leafs or the Raptors) match that if they played 80 games at Rogers Center? We'll never know. But saying that TFC outdraws the Blue Jays is not accurate.

4. canuckred

canuckred Member

Dec 15, 2007
  5. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    canuckred, I started one already in the main Customer Service forum. It already has 14 requests. I just requested to a mod to move it to the appropriate sub-forum, then maybe our threads can get merged?

6. canuckred

canuckred Member

Dec 15, 2007
    sorry I didn't see it before. I guess they should be, or maybe they can just open up a Vancouver forum.

7. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great idea guys, thanks!

8. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007