Vancouver Expansion Thread - Name, Colors, Logo/Kit Design

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by Z010 Union, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is being created for Vancouver fans and contributors. In lieu of them having their own forum, which they are working on meeting the requirements to attain, the mods are creating threads for them that will be moderated like it was in their city forum.

Gentlemen and Ladies, good luck. Let's see some creative designs and names.

No flames, no trolls.

2. loben52

loben52 New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Whitecaps FC is just fine...!!!

Nothing more westcoast than blue white and a little green!!!

3. Nazzer

Nazzer New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Penticton,BC,Canada
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Damn straight. When Vancouver gets an MLS team the only possible scenario is for the the teams name and image to be Whitecaps and with the same colours. Maintain tradition. If they need to add FC, or SC to the name for copyright reasons fine. But it better be whitecaps.

Also, why not have a city forum for Vancouver?

4. DinamoTFC

DinamoTFC Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Toronto
    My favourite would be Vancouver City FC with blue and black striped jerseys.

5. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Doesn't meet the criteria yet. Hopefully, some posters are interested in this topic and will help qualify it for a forum.

6. Udinese1896

Udinese1896 New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Why bother, the Stadium wont get approved till 2018. What a joke of a city. They just hated on Toronto a few years back. Now they have thier tail and Kramerherads between thier legs. Piss of get of the Pot.

7. Kmaz

Kmaz New Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Surrey, B.C.
    Excellent, this is a start. I have been trying to photoshop a Vancouver jersey, however, it's my first photoshop experience and so is going to take me a while....plus I have an essay and studying to do.

The colours will definately not change(maybe a small addition), but the design may have to. It will be hard to Have WHITCAPS across the chest if we need to put a sponsor there. We'll probably go the way of the Dynamo though.

8. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the problem with that may be that the ownership group that actually brings MLS to Vancouver may not be the same that owns the Whitecaps. What are you going to suggest then? Adding an FC or SC isn't going to eliminate trademark issues. This thread will be really boring if there are just a dozen people piping in saying that you should use the same stuff as your current USL squad. How about some creativity?

Yeah, in Seattle they did it, and that's the plan in Montreal, but both of those towns have the USL ownership group as the ones in charge. Why not some speculation?

9. PeterAKer

PeterAKer New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Lets Start this off Vancouver Whitecaps FC will continue to be Vancouver Whitecaps FC. The Vancouver Whitecaps will continue the Name and Logo over because the Current Logo works well in marketing and merchandise. The New Vancouver Whitecaps Waterfront Stadium will have Logo Similar to it's Team Logo. But as for the Team Logo it should stay the same and not have to go through what happened with the Seattle Sounders FC Name and Logo Fiasco. I've pasted the Logos from the Vancouver Whitecaps for Inspiration for Jersey/Uniform and Logo Idea's.

10. PeterAKer

PeterAKer New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    The Vancouver Whitecaps NASL Logos:

First
    [​IMG]

Second
    [​IMG]

11. PeterAKer

PeterAKer New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    The Vancouver Whitecaps USL Logos:

First
    [​IMG]

Second & Current
    [​IMG]

12. PeterAKer

PeterAKer New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    The Vancouver Whitecaps Waterfront Stadium Logo:

First & Current
    [​IMG]

13. 91TFC

91TFC New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Vancouver Whitecaps is fine for me.

14. Nazzer

Nazzer New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Penticton,BC,Canada
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Kerfoot is the guy who owns the Caps, and he is the one who is trying to allow the Vancouver port authority to let him spend his own money to build a stadium, and he is the one who wants to take the caps to the MLS. Is that good enough to qualify as being the same ownership group as the USL team?

15. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    If Vancouver Whitecaps isn't a suitable name, then how about Vancouver Wanderers?

16. Kmaz

Kmaz New Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Surrey, B.C.
    It fits the stoner lifestyle many here enjoy.

17. Bonettirulz

Bonettirulz New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Alberta
    Ditto, Nazzer.

Kerfoot is the man behind the whole enchilada, so if Vancouver makes an application to join MLS, it will absolutely be with Kerfoot behind it.

How is the stadium process going? Last I heard, the council was still in agreement in principle, but have not approved the building. Are they still trying to get him to move the downtown stadium out into the boonies??

18. loben52

loben52 New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I love the old blue whitecaps shield.....can someone tweak it to make it a little bit modern>???

Vancouver is called Vancouver Whitecaps FC which rolls off the tongue naturally.

I heard on the news a couple of days ago that the ball is in the Rail company's court and once it is approved, then the city will act fast (or so they say) to make it happen. This coming out of Bob Lenarduzzi's mouth.

I HOPE HE IS RIGHT!!

I can't wait to see the Caps in MLS. schoolin TFC!! haha

19. kazakal28

kazakal28 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Weymouth
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that Sounders got voted in, I think Impact and Whitecaps should be held as well if those cities get a team, like a psuedo-promotion.

20. canuck51

canuck51 Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Vancouver
    http://www.whitecapsfc.com/archive/feature12110701.aspx
    As of just last week, Bob Lenarduzzi and the Whitecaps are still 100% committed to this. While the stadium has been slowed down slightly due to negotions over land value assesments with the Port of Vancouver, which is under federal jurisdiction, city council has unanimously approved the initial proposal for this.

I know it seems like its been all quiet on the Vancouver expansion front for a while now, and people really dont seem to be giving Vancouver too much of a thought, but once they come to a land swap agreement with the port, things will really get rolling. It's the one major hurdle the club seems to need to overcome but once they do, with the commitment and vision the club clearly has in joining MLS, they will instantly become more than a serious candidate.

21. PeterAKer

PeterAKer New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    I heard if the Vancouver Whitecaps FC build their Stadium they have an Instant Ticket into the MLS.

22. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, and I heard that there's a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

No offense, but could you at least provide some kind of link to a viable source or say where you heard that?

Also, that ticket you're talking about isn't a comp, it's about $40 million American. Coincidentally, any city/group that has their stadium built is also allowed to purchase such a ticket, so you're not saying much.

23. Udinese1896

Udinese1896 New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well put. The Toronto haters said this stadium was a sure thing 2 years ago.

24. PeterAKer

PeterAKer New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    The "Instant Ticket" I'm talking about is that The Whitecaps won't have to go through so much bureaucracy that other teams are going through to get into the league. When the Whitecaps start building it's a sure bet they will be fast tracked into the League and make it in well before 2015. Whitecaps has met about 75% of the leagues credentials to get in. Kerfoot who owns the Whitecaps will pay the Deposit Upfront since hes basically finances the team himself. The Whitecaps vs Galaxy Exhibition basically sealed the deal Whitecaps are here to play and they out played them even though it was 0-0.

25. 91TFC

91TFC New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Who would be the shirt sponser?