van Nistelrooy = little bitch [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by dogface, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    So you get your wish and now you want to deny that it's happening? Typical of you ManUre scum. I've officially lost all respect for you today, Motterman. You've shown that you're no different than the other glory-hunting trolls that pollute this board.

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh please. Spare us all. Your lot start a thread with this freaking title and I lose YOUR respect?!?!? Ohhhhhhhh...... the irony.

Seriously, if I wanted to respond in my normal fashion to your lot, I'd head over to the official match thread on this. But this thread definately provoked my reaction. (that's something I know you Arsenal supporters can identify with, yes?)

Well done to the few Arse supporters that admit Vieira deserved to get sent off and that your behaviour on the day was suspect at best. I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with what little we got.

3. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    From the telegraph...

"The scenes were noted by the beaks at Soho Square and by the referee, Steve Bennett, who was in the middle of the melee, attempting to introduce the concept of harmony, an admittedly rare notion in meetings between these royal rivals. Collectively and individually, there is previous between these antagonists. Keown's war dance around Van Nistelrooy was just another episode in the pair's long-running enmity, reflecting the clubs' relationship.

Arsenal had been incensed by the manner of Vieira's departure and particularly Van Nistelrooy's part in their captain's downfall. Vieira had just been booked for a legitimate challenge on Quinton Fortune which Bennett wrongly deemed to have been illegal; the referee reached for his card, so setting in motion a momentous, rapidly darkening chain of events.

The mercury rose as if someone was holding a blow torch against it. Moments later, Vieira leapt above Van Nistelrooy to head clear and was caught by the Dutchman as they fell to earth. Vieira, lying two yards from Van Nistelrooy, kicked out innocuously and the United striker jumped back like a matador evading a fiery bull. Sneakiness pure and simply by Van Nistelrooy.

From Bennett's angle, it looked like Vieira had made contact, particularly given Van Nistelrooy's exaggerated reaction. In truth, it was an air shot by Vieira, full of intent but no content."

....OLE!!

4. Gar7

Gar7 New Member

Feb 7, 2001
    Southington, CT
    I have to laugh at the crap being spouted by Arsenal fans. Their behavior constantly gets them in trouble. Viera is a fantastic player, but he is petulant and deservedly saw red. Ruud is no more a cheat than Robert Pires and Tierry Henry. But Arsenal are nothing but poor sports. They showed that much last season, even after United beat them 2-0 on their way to regaining the trophy. Neutral pundits in England have all written about Wenger's team trouble and poor disciplinary record. Viera has been sent off nine times in his Arsenal career. Keweon is a former good player who know has to resort to thuggery to get results. He showed real class at the end of the match. Good thing Ruud didn't separate his bullocks from his body, but I'm sure Roy Keane would have loved to ahve done it for him.

The ref did not gain control of this match. The bookings did nothing to quell the obvious build up of ill will. Ruud has been crap thus far this season...three straight penalties missed.

Arsenal fans have got to get the fog out of their eyes about this... they exhibited thuggish behavior at the end today. I hope the reports of fan trouble are not true..both sides do not want that crap starting again. Wenger should just shut his freakin' mouth.

5. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've seen this kind of thing from Man U supporters with my own eyes. When we beat them at Elland Road 1-0, after being held in for not very long, they burst out of the stadium and started fighting with whoever. I saw older people with families getting hit, and women pushed to the ground. I was with my friend, his wife, and children. We took them away from the Man U fans so they wouldn't get hurt. They are really a disgraceful bunch. At least when they finally got away from the family area of the stadium, our own fans that aren't too old and female taught them a good lesson and chased them up the road.

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: From the telegraph...

Can you explain to me how:

a) you can kick out at an opposing player and it be "innocuous"?

b) how Ruud embellished exactly, he didn't even reach for the spot on his leg/hip where any contact would've happened at

Still, Arsenal are believed (unfair or not) to have a temper problem. They did not improve their case against this belief in any way today.

7. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Idiot. I was just trying to clear up what you brought up. You claimed Ruud was punched. I said he was shoved. Two totally different things. Does that make him being shoved justified? No, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine to see that happen. But that's not the issue at hand. It was whether or not Ruud was PUNCHED.

And where did the Keown elbowing Ruud in the back of the head thing come from? I know that he jumped up behind Ruud after the final whistle, but I thought it was merely to just rub it in his face.

And about Lehman. I said he shoved his arm away, not actually shove the linesman. Two different things mind you. Kinda like being punched opposed to shoved. I know it's hard to comprehend but whatever. People can bitch and moan all they want about Arsenal's sportsmanship and conduct. But today they showed some intensity and passion that seemed to be lacking throughout the week. They came together as a team to stick up for one another, and I think we're a better team for it.

Hey Motterman, how'd you become a moderator anyway? Affirmitive action for retards?

8. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Erm....A Manchester United fan called into the station to say that it was a problem with the stewarding of the match. For what ever reason, the fans were let out at the same time. When normally they away support would be kept in for at least 30mins after the home support has left. That report about the disabled guy has been corroborated by a number of people including a 2 Man U fans who were very apologetic.

So you can stick your property.

9. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things like this happen, and I don't know of any team's supporters that have never been in a bust up over rival supporters, have you?

Although, why I'm responding to a Leeds fan in an Arsenal thread when crowd trouble is the subject of the moment I'll never know....

Oh, and thanks again for last season's result at Highbury. :D Cheers!

10. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ummm.... that was not me who said he was punched. I said elbowed. I was merely commenting on how funny it was for you to split hairs.

When he jumped on him from behind, you could clearly see his elbow come down on the back of Ruud's head/neck during his "celebration". :rolleyes:

Ho-ho-ho.

My mod status has nothing to do with your team's lack of discipline.

11. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Re: Re: From the telegraph...

It's quite obvious from your response that you haven't seen the match. Because if you had you would know exactly what he means. There was a good 2-3 feet between van Nistelrooy and Vieira. The "kick" was no where near him BUT he still reacted as though he were being kicked and he reversed in L-shape fashion and played the complete innocent. He looked stupid.

Why are you commenting so fervently on something you haven't even seen?

12. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot when we gave you the league in 99 by beating arsenal as well, but oh well.

I just really hate van Nistelrooy. I wish he would have been punched (with a brick) but it was only shoving. I did love the look when Vieira missed his kick by a yard or so. It looked like he had just seen a ghost? At least that is the face he gave to the ref.

I have just hated the guy with a passion ever since his dive that relegated Ipswich.

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: From the telegraph...

He was being kicked AT. Vieira kicked out and the intent was clear.

I DID see the match for fuxake.

And for you to ignore other Arsenal fan's agreement for the sending off shows who the real muppet is.

14. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, yeah. I can see why people hate RVN, but he's a hell of a player. I think somebody else said he's the kind of player you would love on your team, but hate on any other.

Nice sig too, btw. :D

15. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mind playing against Ruud... he never scores on us.

He does have loads of ability, but none of that matters because he is a cheat. I hope that Alan Smith sorts him out one day. Too bad we don't have Vinny Jones playing for us anymore, he'd sort him right out.

16. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not to get off topic, but I'm really disappointed that Robbie Savage can still chew his own food today. I thought Smith was going to earn a record ban by force-feeding Savage his own ass yesterday. It didn't happen, alas.

17. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Off topic still.....

robbie savage will get his.

18. CelticPark

CelticPark Member

May 26, 2003
    Hats off to Keown, RvN deserved a good shout in the face after his disgraceful antics.

19. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Re: Re: Re: Re: From the telegraph...

Whatever....first of all the intent argument is a cop-out, if he intended to kick van Nistelrooy he would have, it's not as if he was unreachable. He fainted to kick him in response to being knee-d in the back, trodden on and knocked to the ground. And before you say van Nistelrooy avoid the kick you can see in the replay that he begun his antics after Vieira had retracted his leg.

The first booking was a joke in itself, he won the ball. Pure and simple. Even the Sky commentators remarked on its harshness.

20. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    He already has....Didn't you see the Referee knock him out against Newcastle? VERY VERY FUNNY. Apart from van Nistelrooy, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving individual.

21. Azabache

Azabache Member

Nov 22, 1998
    Essex Co.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I for one I'm glad that the Dutch Nancy boy a)missed the PK, b)found himself surrounded and mocked by a bunch of men in yellow and c)in a few months will be serenaded properly at Highbury.

Motterman, for a moderator, you sure pick your battles. Why don't you go back to BS Mancunia? They'd appreciate your talents much better there.

22. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: From the telegraph...

Harsh the first yellow may or may not be, the lashing out at Van Nistelrooy left no option for the referee. Keano backed way off his challenges after his yellow. Vieira reacted foolishly. Ruud backed away and looked at the ref as if to say "what is he doing?" not "did you see him kick me, aren't you going to send him off?".

We went all over this last year with the intent issue already. Last year it was, "Sol didn't intend to elbow Solskjaer in the face" so no red card should have been given, now it's "He didn't connect with the kick, even if he intended to" so no 2nd yellow (not a straight red, which is key, btw). So, which is it?

I'm not happy to see whispers of docking Arsenal points for their behaviour myself, for the record, as I've seen it mentioned in a few places including the BBC and Football365.

23. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I was tempted by the "unique" thread title that showed up on the main page initially. I regret getting into this with your lot as it is. I don't really appreciate it or the behaviour of your squad today, and apparently, neither does this guy:

http://www.football365.com/You_Say_We_say/Football365_Opinion/story_82667.shtml

24. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Well no because both stance remain true. With regards to the Solskjaer incident, the referee was heard to ask whether or not Campbell DELIBRATELY meant to hit Solskjaer with his elbow...if so then under the rules that is a sending off offence.

The Vieira incident, IMO, there is no intent to actually kick van Nistelrooy as if there were then undoubtedly contact would have been made. It was quite simply a half-assed reaction to an unnecessary challenge by the horsefaced one. How can intent be claimed, when the player himself makes no REAL attempt to get near him. He stuck his leg out and van Nistelrooy made a total meal out of it. And frankly his antics were exactly as you describe...."ref, did you see that..i'm innocent but did you see that". Obviously the assistant referee felt differently having called the ref to book van Nistelrooy for simulation.