Van der Sar transfer rumors

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by JohnnyCash, Apr 7, 2004.

1. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
  2. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    He has another year on his contract so we can atleast say we will get a pretty penny for him.

But in my personal opinion, I think this is a farce. The Dutch are known to be straight forward people, always letting others know how they feel. I think this is more of a warning from VDS to the staff that we had better bring in quality players or else.

but what doesn't make sense is that we have Collins John who was quoted as saying, "VDS said Fulham was a great club and he encouraged me to be a part of it".

There you go...

3. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    yeah, i doubt it would happen. But just the thought of it would be disasterous. how many points has that guy saved us this season?

4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
  5. keeper0430

keeper0430 New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Upstate NY
    From the Fulham games I've seen, VDS has kept them in more games than not, especially after Saha's transfer to MU. Getting rid of this guy would be a big mistake. Sell off a few decent field players and beef up the D and Mid and Fulham will be in the top 5 (hard to beat the Arsenals, Chelseas and Man Us without spending the cash).

6. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    VDS will be staying this year, he helped convince Collins John to come to Fulham and he believes in Fulhams abilities. Everyone on that team realizes that fulham were expected to be relegated and we could finish in the top 10.

The only way he goes is if there is a very very large sum of money coming our way.

7. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    The same Van der Saar that was complaining about Fulham's lack of ambition is now the one that wants to stay and in fact is recruiting other players? I don't buy it. I think he's ready to move on to greener pastures.

Fulham is a small club w/out an owner that is willing to pour money into the club.

8. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    yeah thats it, Al Fayed hasn't spent any money on Fulham. Not.

Also, Collins John is quoted as saying that VDS got him to come.

Fulham is a small club and proud of it.