Van Der Heyden

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Kansassoccer, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Kansassoccer

Kansassoccer Red Card

Aug 6, 2004
    Laguana Beach
  2. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I think Brugge is one of the teams that suffers the least from this. They have been able in the past and even now to get players and keep them just because of the atmosphere. Brugge has also invested a lot in a good structure, with Michel d'Hooghe (former UEFA top) and Marc Degryse (former star player) which is also important IMO to get the good players. As I said, they've been able to keep the good players but also to attract good players to fill the other spots (Lange, Blondel, Balaban, Rozenahl, Stoica,...)
    I believe Van der Heyden is the first since Fadiga (that is if you don't count in transfers like Smolders or Saeternes) to leave.
    Whether it will effect Brugge a lot depends on the fact if Sollied stays. If he stays, it's a real loss, if he goes, another coach will come who will play another system.
    I don't think, however, Vanderheyden is the player Gerets should be looking for at Wolfsburg.

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belgium doesn't have the money to keep the best talent. Just the nature of the beast.

4. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    In the past it worked: Anderlecht, Brugge, KV Mechelen,... they all played European finals. And what about Holland, who only have 5million inhabitants more than Belgium?

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the game has changed - more money - better players. That's the way the €uro goes today.

6. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    The contract is signed: Van der Heyden goes to Wolfsburg at the end of the season. Eric Gerets is thrilled.