Valley of the Sun Chapter

Discussion in 'The American Outlaws' started by Palermo10, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there enough interest for a Phoenix Chapter?

I can probably vouch for 5 of my close friends to join.

2. kingryan

kingryan New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I actually sent an email to the head Outlaws about this earlier today. There is a Phoenix chapter but they're more about the Phoenix Rising thing, and the support the Mexico national team as well. I'm up for hosting viewing parties in the Ahwatukee/Chandler/Tempe area. I created a lame ass Facebook page Ahwatukee soccer fans trying to get some fellow supporters together to watch the games.

3. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know some of the people from MLSPR, and they are more concerned with spearheading the formation of an MLS team in the Valley.

I'm in Central PHX. We are driving up to SLC for the Honduras game over Labor Day, we could try to get some representation going before then.

4. kingryan

kingryan New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Re: Valley of the Sun Chapter and El Salvador viewing party

FYI for anyone in Phoenix area, I'm hosting a viewing party to watch the US vs. El Salvador game at the Ahwatukee Rock Bottom. I've actually got Rock Bottom sending out a flurry of emails trying to get people there so hopefully we'll get some Phoenix area supporters to show up.

5. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Luck starting you AO chapter. Awesome meeting fellow Arizonans in SLC.

6. kingryan

kingryan New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wished I could have made it up that way for the game but the schedule didn't allow for it.

Anyway, I'm planning on being at CK's in Ahwatukee to watch this upcoming game. Tried Rockbottom and I was surrounded by Costa Rica fans who were rooting against the US. Unbearable until the US went tied and then it was sweetness for the rest of the game.

7. neb yid

neb yid Member

Aug 2, 2009
    az via elkhorn
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would definitely be in on a phoenix chapter.

not so much on the viewing parties down in ahwatukee, though, since I am up in north scottsdale. If we could get a more centralized location, though, I know I could get a group of guys would be interested.

8. kingryan

kingryan New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I just got word from the good folks at Phoenix Rising that George and the Dragon is hosting a viewing party this Saturday and NO COVER!!! Hoping to see lots of people there. I will be the drunk guy yelling incoherently (probably obscenities).

George & Dragon, 4240 N Central Ave

9. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice... I will be there. Already recruited a buddy.

I wonder if we can get LSU-Florida on as well :)

10. kingryan

kingryan New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    My apologies to anyone that showed up at that assclown bar. Even though I called ahead and confirmed that they had got the pay per view package when I arrived at George and the Wanker there were already several irate US fans about ready to burn the place down because the apparently the management thought they could get a pirate feed. And then the other place showing the game, the Loco Pup or something turned us away at the door because they couldn't guarantee our safety. Sad I missed the game but glad we made it to South Africa.

11. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is bullshit that you were turned away at La Pupusa Loca. There were about 20 more or less of us US fans in there. There was never any issue with safety. When we scored they definitely knew there were US fans in there. As always, the rule of thumb is when you are outnumbered more than 20 to 1, just don't be an asshole and usually everyone will be cool with you. Some even shook hands with us on the way out.

12. kingryan

kingryan New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Maybe we just read the doorgirls intention wrong, when we showed up she hinted pretty strongly that we didn't want to go in there. We weren't in asshole mode yet (stone sober) but I was decked out in US gear. If I would have know there was some other US fans in there we would have gone in.