VALENCIA vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Jornada #27 | 02.03.24 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Mar 1, 2024.

1. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I like Vini and hope he stays but he doesnt seem like the kind of player who will spend his entire career here.

2. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He's too ugly to stay here. We need the new "Beckham" ASAP.

3. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    He is cute when he is angry :inlove:

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it weird how critical people are of Vinicius after he puts the team on his back. Omg he called someone an hijo de puta? The travesty, no one in Spain does that. And then in the same thought people argue he’s soft and playing the victim. Not contradictory at all

He celebrated scoring a brace in a stadium he consistently gets racially abused in? How shameful of him. Yeah he is one of the best players in the world, but if he doesn’t shut up and dribble maybe he shouldn’t stay in Madrid.

Absolute garbage discourse. Yes, he’s confrontational in a confrontational sport. Get over it and enjoy his quality. He sits at the table of the best players of this generation and will certainly finish as a legend of not only this club but also of this sport as a whole when he’s done.

Shay Z, AriGold, Deep Pal and 13 others repped this.
  5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Even his teammates look sick of his antics haha.

And Vini himself said he wants to change and improve. He knows its not the right behavior.

Why would I disagree with the man himself?

6. laundromat

laundromat Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Vini is our Neymar, another player whose on-field expression caused problems with the opposition. That he regularly writhed around at any contact is part sleaziness and part self-preservation.

And honestly, I could give a fook if he decides to burn an effigy of the Valencia badge at the Mestalla so long as he’s walking the walk. He’s a showman, through and through. Bellingham got a red card for feeling what the entirety of the fan base was feeling in that moment but his reaction doesn’t get nearly as much attention.

Vini is just a passionate guy. At this point we need to accept that it’s a strength, not a weakness.

Deep Pal, Savior and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know we have players with anger management issues (Carvajal, Bellingham), we have guys who flop about if touched by the gust of wind (Ceballos), we have guys who do all sorts of dark arts on the pitch (Rudiger). We have alot of players with issues. We have very few players who are well within their rights to be "upset with him".

But then at the same time these are the same guys who let him get his body kicked to pieces for 2 seasons straight without standing up for him once. So not sure I'd agree with them.

We have a few guys this season that seem to protect him more. Bellingham for one has become a great leader who protects him from other players. But also Rudiger and our two captains Nacho and Dani who are great captains

Also I am waiting eagerly for 4x4 to call out Bellingham's anger management problems like he does Vini's "provocations". So far nothing....

8. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Vini's friends would mock him to death if he told them he needs protection on the pitch.

9. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Messi had Suarez protect him like a bodyguard. Ramos was protecting Ronaldo and all our other players. Liverpool and City have their entire team protecting eachother. Every team needs that guy.

We have lost all our tough guys one by one. When Casemiro marked the territory against Milner it was a calculated move to tell him to stay away from our players.

We didn't have a guy like that last season. We have this season.

Deep Pal and RoadMan repped this.
  10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Fair enough

Deep Pal and Savior repped this.
  11. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Lahoz echoing my thoughts. Everyone seems to be outraged by the whistling just before Bellingham scored only but only adding 7 minutes after everything that happened was equally bad.

Edino Edinho, MerlinRM, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  12. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Yep, ridiculous.

13. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Jude goal was the equivalent of the Benzema goal at the Pizjuan in 2021/22 which effectively sealed the title for us unofficially, robbed of an epic come back …

saadomar repped this.
  14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm glad both Girona and Barca dropped points. Instead of them gaining ground, RM is now ahead by even more! Imagine if RM actually won. This league would've been over this weekend.

15. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    We will still win the league...barca draw today...lost two of their best players on injuries....girona cant compete till the end of season

Anon. repped this.
  16. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I think this is just a part of the process of rebuilding the team for another dominant UCL run.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, Rudiger is that guy this season. He better be a starter when Alaba returns next season as well.

Shay Z and RoadMan repped this.
  18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #668 fierro, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    I keep hearing and reading about what a great leader he is despite getting red carded after the final whistle and likely suspended for two games in what is probably going to become a crowded March fixture list.

But Vinicius is scapegoated for being the actual hero of the day.

If Bellingham wasn't British...

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bellingham should have never been red carded for what he said. "It was a f*cking goal, the ball is already in the air" is a red card?

Compare that to this:

And that is not even a yellow. If Vinicius wasn't Brazilian...

The only anger management Bellingham is involved in is managing Vini's anger. Even the referee report says Bellingham didn't insult him, but he then writes "red card for insult".

I've often said if Vinicius is a Barca player this place would absolutely despise him.

Deep Pal, Zidane05, Galatico and 3 others repped this.
  20. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly, Rudi is a significantly better CB than Alaba was, is and will ever be. We're so much better with him there, it's not even worth a debate. Hope Carlo doesn't succumb to the pressure..

saadomar, xmaje and RoadMan repped this.
  21. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You dont think Bellingham has anger management issues lol? That is your problem right there. I'll wait eagerly for the day you will admit it. Might not be this season, maybe next season, I'll see how long it takes :ROFLMAO:

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is pretty delusional. Almost the entire cadena ser post match report was that Vinicius is both a great player but also simply completely immature and you're here saying Vinicius = Bellingham.

It's like saying sugar is salt. At some point the whole fan goggles thing is just ridiculous. They've got multiple guys from our bench signaling toward Vini to get him away from getting double yellowed for "celebrating".

It's OK to accept that's he is still a bit of a tit as great as a player he is.

RoadMan repped this.
  23. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius doesnt have anger management issues so no it can't be Vini=Bellingham

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What are we even talking about here? In terms of character Bellingham is arguably a top 5 transfer in the past 10 years.

RoadMan repped this.
  25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Yea, I mean Vinicius character is the worst of the worst really. I think equal to Suarez or Diego Costa.

Shay Z and J-Mezzy repped this.