VALENCIA vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Jornada #27 | 02.03.24 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Mar 1, 2024.

1. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Actually Rudi didnt get a red and belingham said the word ******** at the ref, thats a red....

2. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is clearly a deliberate attempt to impact the game score. There's no other way around this

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don’t think so at least not this incident, it’s just so incompetent it’s beyond belief.

Shay Z, Stiliyan, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope I'm wrong, but I fear these things are getting more and more common in all kind sports. If the LFP won't punish the red, we'll know.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We would have been down 3-1 if not for Lunin. He's really saving our season lately, and I say that as a sceptic. He went from reason to worry to reason were still in the lead for me.

Bear Crotch and meringues repped this.
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He’s been fantastic on multiple levels. It’ll make for interesting decisions in the summer.

7. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Had he wanted RM to tie or looser tbe game he would not have given the original corner. Whats so.hard yo understand about that?

8. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I went back and timed it. Between the two VAR reviews and Diakhaby injury ALONE, there were at least 9 minutes of stoppage. Why is the whistle being blown before 99’? Something I’m missing?

Edino Edinho and Lyra repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Again, as i've already said, the issue here is already in the first half. Valencia win a corner kick within the extra time and he waves it off, screws them there and gets shit for it from Baraja and the players (correctly), then the extra time is over in the second half and the Valencia players give him shit for allowing the corner kick to be executedafter what happened in the first, and he gets completely flustered, you can see the moment he's like "oh shit, right".

If the officials would've wanted to screw us, giving offside for Joselu where he stook in the line of the cross and giving them that non penalty decision on VAR would've been an absolute layup.

Our players were giving the thumbs up and handshakes to the ref about the corner kick situation in the first half, and it came back in the worst way to haunt us. You don't give us the corner kick in the first place and youhave a 1:1 situation and nothing is wrong. Instead we get this one foot in, one foot out of the pool solution.

Terrible officiating.

hector_br repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some other thoughts:

Rodrygo was miserable. Only in it for fights and fouls. Brahim did more in a flash than he did in an hour of football.

Bellingham was in pain the entire time. Maybe a dumb decision to give him the start here, although he now gets to rest for a few weeks at least.

It's unfortunate because thiswas a great game all things considered. We possibly made it one, but it was the marquee game the league felt it would be.

Even the Barca press are critical of Gil Manzano. You need to be out of your mind to say it was the right call.Either wave it off before, or let it continue.

RoadMan and Bear Crotch repped this.
  11. laundromat

laundromat Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I don’t agree that this is anything more than a bad refereeing decision, but it does look like Manzano is playing by a different set of rules. Hugo Duro is pressuring Manzano to blow the whistle, and Manzano replies something like, “es la ultima” referring to the corner kick (“this is the last play”). The corner happens, but he lets the play go on for a few more moments. Presumably, upon realizing that Brahim getting a cross in would essentially render that corner not the last play, he decides to blow the whistle to stop the cross from finding an attacker.

Allowing play to run on for a few more moments was a mistake if he was going to cuck the injury time anyway, but I feel like he should not be saying things like “this is the last one” to any player.

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why even say it’s the last play to anyone? Just blow it when you feel you are supposed to. Weird La Liga shit.

I’m anti-conspiracy at all times, but incompetence is plain as day.

I thought our backline was solid defensively, they’ve don’t worry us much there. Midfield improved once Modric came on because he was playing more penetrating passes towards the top of the box, making Valencia collapse there. Fran had no impact unfortunately so Joselu wasn’t very involved.

The injury really hurt us due to its timing. We were looking more likely to score again before that, but after it all died down.

We can’t keep dropping these points, La Liga is far from wrapped up. Really would like to see the squad focus up and get some wins these next few matches to put pressure on the others to keep up.

Shay Z, Zidane05, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The controversy is going to mask the ugly parts of this game, we're kind of keeping it going for now, but we're simply not playing very well.

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair we weren’t earlier in the season when Jude was saving us as well. Don’t think we have played anywhere near our potential, but for me having no.9 is a huge reason why. But whatever, we need to string some victories together and put some space between us and the challengers. We have given them some hope that wasn’t there a few weeks ago.

HZinho repped this.
  15. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No we scored on minute 49:56. Valencia won a corner after that. We didn't even celebrate the goal so he shouldn't have added a second over the added time he added. The second half is a different story. Alot happened and he only added 7 minutes.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're trying to say that absolutely nothing happened wihin the 5 minutes of extra time to not allow the corner kick to be executed, that's nonsense, it was still the 95th minute.

Either both teams stick to the clock with no changes or neither.

17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You’re missing The Negreira factor.

Edino Edinho, zizou555 and .halamadrid2. repped this.
  18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO not true, he actually scored quite a bit and provided assists when Vin was injured and he played on the left, the idea the he can’t do any better was also floated when he had a rough patch at the start of the season, but of course he did do better, it’s a fact that he needs to do better and he has already shown that he certainly can, without a doubt.
    I don’t know why he did it but this is certainly what I saw with my own eyes, although others are trying to say differently

laundromat repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There may not be any conspiracy but that was gross incompetence by a referee at best
    We made two mistakes other than that we completely dominated this game, away, people think we are going to score 3 or 4 every game and if we don’t we aren’t playing well, I disagree with that thought, we couldn’t even do that when we had BBC

We absolutely have to cut out the errors, but the idea we are generally not playing well, I’ll put my hand up and be the only one to disagree with that, everything in context for me, injuries count, this is how teams win league trophies, sometimes you just have to grind games out to not drop points,

I actually think the team played well today bar the errors, other than that Lunin had one crucial save to make, from reading here you’d think this was like against Leipzig, it absolutely was not, as I posted earlier, I’ve seen this team play poorly, ( like against Leipzig) today was not that.

RoadMan repped this.
  20. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    I remember these things happening way back in the past, including in the World Cup. But this hasn't happened recently (to my knowledge). In the 1970 World Cup Final, Pele's go-ahead goal against Italy was disallowed because the half-time whistle went off just before the ball was kicked in. A similar thing happened with Zico in the1978 World Cup against Sweden. Brazil got a corner just before stoppage time. The corner was taken with 6 seconds of stoppage time played. When the corner was hit by Nelinho, Zico headed the ball in the net, but not before referee Clive Thomas blew his whistle a moment before the ball went in. The whistle for the Bellingham goal was blown a bit earlier (probably a couple of seconds!); however, in recent decades, referees have allowed an attack to continue if there is a goal threat. What happened today is shocking and weird.

21. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'll add that Nacho is clearly past it, all respect and thanks for what has been a great career at the club but it's time say good bye.

22. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Precisely! The referee shouldn't have added a second over the 5 minutes given we scored so late. He should actually have blown straight after the goal like they usually do.

Second half is a different story. He should have added at least 10 minutes given everything that happened in normal time, then even another 2 minutes given what took place within the added time. Valencia were booked at least twice for time wasting, all of that should've been added on. Adding only 7 minutes after all that is a fecking disgrace.

23. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I guess everything has been said already, but I really hope the players use this as a motivation for the remainder of the season (not that they should need such circumstances, but I guess RM players do). We have several (historically) difficult games in the last 11 games, they need to be up for it. No excuses!

24. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Our home games are going to be difficult for the referees in the coming weeks. The refereeing errors are irritating the club, the fans and the players.

25. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Edino Edinho repped this.