VALENCIA vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Jornada #27 | 02.03.24 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Mar 1, 2024.

1. laundromat

laundromat Member

Jul 20, 2014
    also, if anybody has some clarity on this:

it's always been my understanding that time wasted in extra time is added on, especially in the context of a revised call via VAR.

Is it just an informal thing? Need to check the timestamps but it feels like the ref added the 7 minutes, wasted like 3 of them on his own and then called it like 20 seconds early.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This. Vini VAR check took like 5 mins, there was bad injury for 4 mins. He just gives 7 minutes injury time. Then another VAR check during injury time for 2 mins at least.

Edino Edinho repped this.
  3. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    whistle in the mouth doesn't mean he blew it. Look closely i twas after couple seconds maybe, when Brahim already started cross. Huge huge mess from the Ref. Huge.

4. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed or stop the clock whenever there is time wasting, subs and injuries etc

5. xmaje

xmaje Member

Mar 1, 2005
    st vincent
    That was bad call but only ourselves to blame with self inflected 0_2 deficit. We are better than that very horrible mistake from a professional level in a hostile environment

6. NoVa.Dad

NoVa.Dad Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Nov 19, 2018
    Like US College Soccer, the clock is the time. It is stopped for substitutions, injuries, etc.

libertao repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto

Many videos and screen grabs. You can choose to be blind or you can actually look at the evidence.

Anon., Ahmadi8, Edino Edinho and 3 others repped this.
  8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I’m so glad we’re winning this league. Gonna hit so good end of season.

Ssr9 repped this.
  9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The two mistakes really killed us. We're left chasing after that.

Ahmadi8 and xmaje repped this.
  10. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    It's a fair question.
    Yeah. he started the cross. And what? Ref could have blow straight after the corner. When the ball went in, I didn't even question it.Suprised to see everyone in such an uproar when the whistle was clearly blow after extra time. It happens.

Should be more angry about giving 2 cheap goals away.

11. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Yeah. The ref blows the whistle. No one is arguing over "evidence" lol.

12. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Saw this comment on Reddit:
    “Anybody that tries to deflect and retcon it into some kind of justification for this ref is out of their mind here. Not only were there two VAR passages, one in normal time, one in stoppage but there also was an injury break. A normal league game with none of that gets on average +7 mins”

Ahmadi8 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's not though. Is there a rule that against the referee giving 7 extra minutes and blowing the whistle at 90:00? No. But you don't see referees doing it though. There are implicit or unwritten rules in the game that aren't written in. You arguing against something that has been there for the entirety of time is not "fair" if your sole argument is "is there a rule against it".

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Actually you are. You're saying he blew it way before the cross was put in. He blew it as the cross was being put in. So what is your argument now?

Ahmadi8, RaMaaa and Halycon repped this.
  15. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    I get wanting to be objective and not fall into conspiracy bullshit. I really do. But this is willfully twisting the facts so to not admit being wrong. Come on now. The replay clearly shows him whistling when Brahim already put the cross in. No need to literally ignore something you see clear as day.

With that being said: sometimes ref decisions go with you, sometimes not. This was just a very rare incident. It is what it is. Just incompetence, wouldn’t seek more behind it.

Best for the team to improve in training on how to deal with these low blocks and stop gifting goals.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    VAR review took 2 min 20 sec+. Bellingham scores 1 min 40 sec+. He didn't even let 2 min that was lost for VAR review.

RoadMan, Ahmadi8, ImadEdd and 3 others repped this.
  17. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, absolute worst ground to chase given the Vini issue.

But I still want to highlight how much time we waste when we are chasing games in thr last minutes every time. Passing the ball from side to side between the defenders and midfielders before getting it to an attacker who can advance the ball. They shouldn't have to come down that far when we are chasing in the last minutes.

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    La Liga is so in the tank for Madrid that they are literally cheated Los Blancos out of 3 points just to hide what they are really up to.

19. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019

The game vs Valencia should be Re-play like the game in the Belgium league due to mistake

20. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Title race is back on.

21. laundromat

laundromat Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I don't think anyone is necessarily disputing that the game is over when the ref blows the whistle. It's more about the decision to blow the whistle at that time AND within the context of the injury time shenanigans. The Valencia defenders in the proximity of the cross were still defending, so it really feels like that goal would've happened.

and obviously the team should have not conceded two stupid goals at the start. I'm personally just trying to make sense of what happened at the end there

RoadMan and Digital repped this.
  22. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Does that automatically mean he’s blown it?, because if he has the players don’t seem to have heard it

23. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This really isn't the game to go "we have ourselves to blame" or "we shouldn't have gifted them this or that". It would have been that game if that final play didn't happen, but that final play is beyond belief. So much so that I'm perfectly fine saying this -2p is solely on the ref. The way he handled that was beyond incompetent, it's borderline corrupt. Goodness me, he actually put his whistle up, decided not to blow it, then waited for the cross and then blew it. Everyone played on, everyone. Absolutely bizarre scenes. Robbery of the highest order, good lord.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hope Bilbao does the job so that it's not back on for Barca. Still don't see Girona keeping up until the end.

Anon. and Edino Edinho repped this.
  25. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    That’s never going to happen.

RMadrid2222, libertao, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.