VALENCIA vs REAL MADRID I La Liga Jornada 30 I 03.04.19 I 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema does not get a pass from me, he does not create enough danger, last minute goal or not, someone here actually posted poor Benz has to drop deep because of a lack of creativity, really?, Benz drops deep because that’s the way he plays, more often than not leaving a great big gaping hole in the frontline where there should be a striker, anyway, the cycle is done, time for a renewal, but we’ve all been saying this for one reason or another even before this season started

RMSocrates repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Perhaps 2-3 big changes in key areas will wake up the rest.

3. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Oh Zidane...

We are really gonna see what you are made of without Ronaldo.

We played better football under Solari. FACT.

4. Edino Edinho

Edino Edinho Member+

Dec 28, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Top 3 players: Parejo (MOTM), Rodrigo (first goal)and Garay (second goal). We let them all go for next to nothing, what a shame.

Without Vinicius we have nothing in attack. Our defense is absolutely terrible. The midfield is slow and without creativity. Zidane has a huge task. It can not be done without the slaughtering of some holy cows

5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Solari trusted guys like VJ and Reguillon, had Bale on the bench, etc., and in a "transition" season we needed those decisions to be made.

Zidane is taking us backward, he's basically giving rewarding players for what they did last season instead of punishing them for this one.

Edino Edinho repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    We've had this same conversation multiple times so i won't re-legislate it. Benzema misses chances that's his main problem as far as i am concerned. If you or someone else is looking for old school 9 play you are looking at the wrong player and the wrong team. Not one manager has asked Benzema to do that.

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Let's not cry about Parejo, Garay and Rodrigo. When we let them walk we had much better alternatives. They weren't sold this last winter.

Let's not pretend they are some world beaters we let go because our current team is playing like ass.

RMSocrates, Anon., Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Meh I’m not too worried, Zidane sees what we see, in fact he’s seen it before most of us did which is why he quit.

Changes will happen this summer, our priorities haven’t changed, 2 CMs, Hazard, a 9 and another CB hopefully.

Anon., Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Major or minor he was a part of the problem and most people (including the club) did not believe he was the right person to carry this team forward. If Zidane didn't return then Solari would have continued until the summer due solely to a lack of viable options but when you have the chance to bring him back then you take it.

Still not seeing how this somehow vindicates Solari completely though.

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Not sure about that bro.

Marcelo is a starter.

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Whether Solari was ass or not (he was) is besides the point. You can't fire half the starting eleven...……. you can only fire the coach and start anew.

People wanna practice their "I know better than anyone" stuff will use that as if they are geniuses for saying that. Lmao.

12. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Of course Benzema misses chances, like any other forward)...

[​IMG]

13. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Hopefully he just want him to gain form. Maybe he sees that Marcelo is done and we need to move on.

Deep Pal, MerlinRM and Shay Z repped this.
  14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I completely disagree..
    The only thing we agree on was that bringing Zidane was a no brainer.. I just don't agree with his sacking mid-season because in general the players are the ones who are more responsible for these bad results & not the managers.
    Solari would not be doing much worse right now.. he would probably still had kept Isco on the sidelines and Marcelo and Bale on the bench.

15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Can you imagine the uproar if Solari had kept on playing Marcelo this late in the season..

Lyra repped this.
  16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Well he has to see if something could be salvaged there, I would have done the same to be honest.

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    players are playing with zero motivation.
    if replacing a coach, one that they know and trust, should have at least given their confidence a boost, then it failed.
    Zidane no doing any subs is just so frustrating, and when he does, its predictable and with no sense.

if he (zidane) has balls, the youth team should play the next game.
    Benzema, who was our best player, completely forgot about being a striker and keeps getting back, if you see this happening game after game, why don't Zidane fu(kin pair him with a striker?!?!

18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Yes. I agree.

Difference is those others score a lot more of them too but that is neither here nor there.

19. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    I'm just saying that Benzema's reputation when it comes to missing chances, isn't as bad as some people here are trying to portray...

20. Saint Iker

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keeping Solari any longer would not make any sense. Zidane is able to evaluate all the players more closely and he can guide the club from now on his plans so that we can begin making our initial moves and ensuring that we are completely aligned from the moment the transfer window opens. What would be the point of keeping Solari if Zidane who was the best possible option already agreed to come back.

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i still questioning how profesionals can be so unmotivated? i mean.. at least some effort must be here.

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    All his negatives are exaggerated on this board and his positives rarely highlighted. That's how its been for a while, people have made up their minds about him. But anyway, Benzema wasn't the main problem today. He isn't the main problem this whole season.

Anon., Deep Pal and Drouchk repped this.
  23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL, Rodrigo w/ 5 goals. This is the guy Lopetegui was going to save our season with and the guy we just made look like prime

24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Marcelo is playing because the club wants to understand what's going on with him. That tells me both the club and the player want to see the issues fixed rather Marcelo looking for a big move. If you look closely at what he's doing, it fairly evident he's a player in decline who's trying to figure out how to adjust his game.

MerlinRM repped this.
  25. Saint Iker

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And the club is supposedly working on a new contract for Reguilon which means that he will be a part of our plans moving forward. We just need to figure out if we really need to buy another LB.

temesgen repped this.