VALENCIA vs REAL MADRID I La Liga Jornada 30 I 03.04.19 I 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Apr 2, 2019.

1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    8 matches remaining are trials for the summer. Ironically it will warrant substantial changes in the summer. Yet again it was proven that we need rebuild in every line.

OUT: Kroos, Bale, Marcelo, Isco, Nacho, Mariano.
    LOAN: Asensio, Vallejo, Ceballos, Valverde
    IN: Hazard, Jović, Winger, Eriksen, Pogba, Lo Celso, CB, LB

Also, i would strongly evaluate Modrić and Varane.

Anon. and temesgen repped this.
  2. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    We have a couple LBs on Lian too. We won't have Hakimi as an option for 12 months but my guess is the club would look at possibly trying to get another year out of Marcelo if the fitness issues can be managed. I'm not what the answer is but I'm sure that is factoring into Zidane selection right now.

3. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Pretty much this. Check out the Reguillon issue. He's not what is needed. Watch.

4. Edino Edinho

Edino Edinho Member+

Dec 28, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    L
    Let's agree to disagree

Shay Z repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Those three have Valencia 11 points behind one of the worst Madrid sides in recent memory.

Let's not kid ourselves.

6. TumE

TumE Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And they are not RM quality now either. But this Forum is full of people making reactions from one game. "Hey we Lost all their players are better than our lets swap our first XI with theirs." Or dont understand pretty much anything about workings of football.

Requilon thing is beyond funny. He doesnt have The talent to play for us Week in Week out. Only a mad man wouldnt play and test Marcelo whos one of The best LBs ever. Requilon is another Miguel Torres and not of The required level as a player.

7. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am lucky I am at work and didn't have a chance to log in and stream this.

I am telling you, I get Parejo every single season and he proves amazing in-game. IDK why but some of these former players are ********ing fantastic against us.

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. TumE

TumE Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not only recent memory. One of the worst ever. Ive Been a fan since 2001 and I cant recall a much worse season, worse teams yes, but thats a different story.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
  10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So what do people think of ZZ’s words after the game, “ Marcelo is Marcelo and I like how he plays”, nothing to complain about as far as the team is concerned they, “played well” and “ worked hard” just couldn’t score, mere platitudes as he is just having a look and knows he is making changes in the summer or words of worry

11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane is not mourinho. You won't hear any player bashing from him, and we should be thankful for that.
    The flip side of this is that zidane is not a Mourinho and you will see Marcelo, kroos, modric and benzema playing and in the same formation.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  12. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    That was the worst petformance by Luca Modric I have ever seen sadly :(
    Kroos was acceptable
    Vasquez offers nothing. Our game often revolved on the CBs passing the ball to each other until invariably LV gets it and screws up
    Benzema is at his best when coming in from the left wing but that requires someone to occupy his position.
    Asensio is terrible
    Ramos was at his consistent best.
    Marcelo played better than the Huesca match, was more involved and dangerous. His misses stick out like a sore thumb but he was trying and that's not his job.

13. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I won't read too much into those types of statements since we don't know who we're planning to offload in the summer and it probably wouldn't be wise for their value to throw players under the bus even with the performances on the field. At this rate, the only objective is to maintain a CL spot and raise the value of as many players as possible by summer.

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love Luka but, terrible terrible game, just flat and so many mistakes, contributed literally nothing, worse player on the pitch for me

15. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We let this happen by not investing wisely over the last 2-3 transfer windows, now it's going to take time to rebuild. I wouldn't expect next season to be a full on revival, this will take more than 1 season for Zizou and Perez to sort out.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's really sad seeing the team now. It makes you question their motivation, their heart. As fans, we at least expect to see our players giving it their all and we are not seeing that much. These guys dont deserve to wear the shirt right now.

Anon. repped this.
  17. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    But Lucas, Marcelo, Kroos and Modric will start the next game.....

Must be so demoralising to be a Real Madrid squad player.

18. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Parejo always has his best game of the season against us. Every single time. :mad:

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Other than Reguillon and Vinicius the subs have perfectly followed in the footsteps of the starters this season.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not really, it's just that he's heading into his final contract year and we might not want to give him up for free next season after he plays a 600 minute season like many others.

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This season does it really matter starters or subs to be honest?, has there been drastic improvements in the “team” play no matter who is actually on the pitch,

scoring is a problem, defending is a problem, keeping is a bit of a problem, midfield is a problem, intensity is a problem, squad player, starter, same old same old for me , i’m sure they are individuals that are doing marginally better than others but the “team play” as a whole is a problem , the only one I give a pass to is Vin jr

True, but the top of the penalty box that we are attacking is always full with....... Benzema with his dropping deep trick so we’d probably need a midfielder to be running past him on a regular basis rather than trying to be effective in that space, the space is “in” the box mostly

temesgen repped this.
  22. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So much for "Winning all remaining matches". We stumbled on the 3rd.. Ah well. Hope next season will be better.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I looked at Valencia giving up 70% of the ball for large parts of the game. I personally thought they were terrible, this is the kind of team we immediately saw the effect of having Vinicius on. Teams that let us have the ball and we have Vinicius beating one player, two players before finding an open guy to slide it over to.

RMSocrates and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I disagree. When Vinicius had his breakthrough he changed the entire team dynamic. If you make this change consistent over two times in the starting lineup and manage to get 2 high impact substitutions on the menu, one of them being Vinicius, the team plays and performs differently.

MiamiNative0722 and Stiliyan repped this.
  25. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valencia away (even home) has usually proved to be a very difficult game (remember that 2-2 in Bernabeu which cost us La Liga - Carlo's season, I can name a couple more games..), I'm not too worried. This season is really over, whether we play out of this world (which is impossible I guess) or continue on like this (much more probable). No need to get worked up anymore!