Valencia vs. Espanyol [R] PbP

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Catfish, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Substitution for Espanyol:

Maxi OFF
    Fredson ON

Espanyol can't get the ball out of their own half.

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mista just scored 2 goals.

3-0

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  4. diabouloussataneus

diabouloussataneus New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    thanks for the summary

5. Argentina Girl

Argentina Girl New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Good to see Mista scoring 2 goals. I hope he now is about to get his last season goalscoring form back.

6. Argentina Girl

Argentina Girl New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    And Valencia end this year on 2nd place! :) Despite all the injuries and despite Ranieri!

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Guess your not a big Ranieri supporter? VCF definately should finish top 4....we will have to see what the 2nd half of the season brings them.

8. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I thought the Ranieri hire was good when it went down (I think expectations were too high at Chelsea and cash was spent in foolish ways--Crespo and Veron being two good examples). With that said, Ranieri couldn't find a steady squad last year at Chelsea and he seems to have a similar problem this year. Yes, there have been injuries but even with the injuries Valencia is a very good team. Until this last match, Rufette has been a disaster but Ranieri keep running him out there (granted Rufette had a very good match). I think Valencia is a stronger squad (even if not better at individual positions) than Real. There is no reason why Valencia should finish lower than second, unless the team suffers dramatic injuries. Barca is clearly the class of La Liga, but we should finish second. If not, I think Ranieri should be replaced. Take care.

9. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Don't forget, Claudio wasn't even that successful in his first spell at VCF.