Valencia CF vs. Villareal [R]

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by The Double, Jan 23, 2005.

1. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    At El Madrigal, Villareal

The Derby de la Comunitat Valenciana is on Radio 9 radio on right now, but it is in Spanish.

2. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    ********. Caneira fouling Forlan in the box. Commentators saying that it is not a penalty, but it is awarded anyway.

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Riquelme scores, but Villareal jumps the line.

4. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Doesn't matter, Riquelme scores again. 1-0 Villareal.

5. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Make that 2 for Riquelme
    2-0 Villareal

6. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    How to make a penalty kick- Riquelme (two times even!)

How NOT to make a penalty kick-DiVaio

Just not rolling with Italians in Valencia... :(

7. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    What a strange game! Aimar tries a chilena, and a Villareal player gets the ball hit on his face, but the ref calls for a penalty kick!....

8. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    And its Aimar who converts...too little too late probably...2-1 Villareal leading

(the Argentine took it well...showed Italians how to take penalty kicks :rolleyes: )

9. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    This is MADNESS...a third penalty kick for Riquelme! :confused:

Well if four times (one retaken for Riquelme, but he still made it) Argentines make penalties, then I would hope Ranieiri realizes to never, ever ever let an Italian on the team to take one. If anything, always Aimar!

10. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was a wierd game. Villareal is showing that they are still a force to be reckoned with. And I don't know what is wrong with Di Vaio. After scoring in virtually all of the first few games, he can't score to save his life. I don't remember Di Vaio ever being a big penalty taker. I think he was taking it in an effort to break a 20 game scoreless streak...

11. b00zeNYC

b00zeNYC Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Alphabet City
    Anyone know if there are any videos of Riquelme's 3 goals posted anywhere? Thanks.

12. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    You didn't miss much.

13. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, the second goal was pretty nice...

14. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Eh, Santiago botched it.

15. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Yeah, this seems to be a good explanation for letting Di Vaio take it, but his scoreless streak seems to be more about a lack of playing time than anything else. I was initially excited about hiring Raneiri but I'm now seeing this as a major mistak. I know he has the team in the top 3 but that record has more to do with Valencia's talent than the coach's decisions. He should be starting Mista and Di Vaio. This shouldn't be an either/or scenario. Both is the answer. Play a 4-4-2 with Aimar in the middle four but slotting in behind Mista and Di Vaio (4-3-1-2). I've said this in another thread but Barca isn't going to be caught. They are the class of the league (and perhaps the second best team in Europe behind Chelsea). But Valencia should finish no lower than 2nd. Valencia are a more complete team than Real. Take care.