Valencia CF v FC Barcelona | J34 - La Liga 20/21 | 2 May 2021 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by celito, May 2, 2021.

1. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure why they avoid the right side almost all together when Dest plays. This Alba overload was easily defended when the game was 0-0. The speed of play and decision making wasn't there in the first half. Dest is sitting out there waiting and Frenkie was making unrewarded run after undrewarded run. Alba would get it run around, turn around, pass it back, rinse, repeat.

inswinger and ShortyMac repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Even if the PK was going to be called back, how big was Busquets charge into the box to get the PK miss rebound ? Huge.

BocaFan repped this.
  3. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Our defense was garbage but at least we showed fight in this match. We played like champions unlike that disaster class midweek and with some serious grit despite the ref not exactly being fair (interference on first goal, no PK retake, no hand ball for a second PK). Down 0-1 the season was essentially 30 minutes from over. For Messi to bounce back after that poor PK and pounce on the ball was big. Griez finally has confidence then Messi with the ridiculous FK. A centimeter right and it's off the post and out, a centimeter left and maybe the GK gets his fingers on it. De Jong was huge. Pedri was wasteful, not one of his better performances. Busi has been reinvigorated as of late. Our defense is just flaming hot garbage but we still got a chance. Let's get it baby! I still believe.

inswinger, ShortyMac and Gilmango repped this.
  4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Interference was weak case, PK retake wasn't needed because we scored on the rebound (it would have been called back with VAR), the 2nd handball wasn't a PK. None of those calls were wrong. The ref was fine.

BocaFan repped this.
  5. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    seeing Roberto giving the ball to Griezmann instead of unmarked Moriba who was in front of him that led to Valencia second goal really pissed me off , can't believe he gets paid 200k per week just to ******** the team over without any positive contribution whatsoever.

ShortyMac and Rattlehead repped this.
  6. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    I've seen that type of interference given and the 2nd handball too. Even the commentator on BeIN thought Barca were a bit hard done by the ref.

The PK retake... I don't know. Maybe VAR wouldn't have called it back. We saw Veratti jump over the line in the PSG game and they didn't call it back.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Being give before doesn’t mean it was right though . I thought the calls were fair no calls .

That PK gets called 100% IMO . Either way , there is no reason to complain because there was no time to evaluate it . The Pk miss vs Atletico on their last game didn’t get called because it hit the post .

8. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    The officiating wasn't a travesty by any means but it felt a bit against us.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Then you could argue that VAR was biased. But it never got to that point so one can’t say anything about anyone being biased.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    He has been amazing lately. His passing and effort has been even more crucial given that Pedri has cooled off quite a bit.

Shame that his MOtM performance against Granada was wasted.

celito repped this.
  11. OllyAlex

OllyAlex Member

Mar 2, 2021
    I’m so pleased to see Busqs back to his best !!

BocaFan repped this.