valencia best club team this year

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by angulo, Dec 1, 2004.

1. angulo

angulo Red Card

Aug 14, 2004
    the iffhs has poested that

valencia c.f. is the best club team in the world on 2004

(2.)
    Valencia CF
    España/4

(1.)
    Manchester United FC
    England/4

(7.)
    FC Juventus Torino
    Italia/4

(5.)
    Real Madrid CF
    España/4

(4.)
    Milan AC
    Italia/4

(10.)
    CA Boca Juniors Buenos Aires
    Argentina/4

(3.)
    Arsenal FC London
    England/4

(7.)
    São Paulo FC
    Brasil/4

(9.)
    Santos FC
    Brasil/4

(11.)
    Chelsea FC London
    England/4

(12.)
    Newcastle United FC
    England/4

(6.)
    AS de Monaco
    France/4

(15.)
    Club Brugge KV
    Belgique/3

(25.)
    SV Werder Bremen
    Deutschland/4

(13.)
    FC do Porto
    Portugal/3

(14.)
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Italia/4

(17.)
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nederland/3

(16.)
    FC Barcelona
    España/4

(20.)
    Olympique Lyonnais
    France/4

(19.)
    CA River Plate Buenos Aires
    Argentina/4

(21.)
    Glasgow Celtic FC
    Scotland/3

(18.)
    Sport Lisboa e Benfica
    Portugal/3

(22.)
    Villarreal CF
    España/4

(24.)
    Cienciano del Cusco
    Perú/3

(37.)
    FC Bayern München
    Deutschland/4

(23.)
    AD São Caetano
    Brasil/4

(41.)
    FC Schalke 04
    Deutschland/4

(26.)
    SS Lazio Roma
    Italia/4

(32.)
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    France/4

(30.)
    CD Once Caldas Manizales
    Colombia/3

(27.)
    Real Zaragoza CD
    España/4

(34.)
    Olympique de Marseille
    France/4

(36.)
    AC Sparta Praha
    Ceská Republika/3

(28.)
    Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña
    España/4

(39.)
    Panathinaikos Athens
    Greece/3

(30.)
    Liverpool FC
    England/4

(29.)
    Cruzeiro EC Belo Horizonte
    Brasil/4

(46.)
    Liga Deportiva Universitario de Quito
    Ecuador/2

(48.)
    Sevilla FC
    España/4

(65.)
    Lille Olympique Sporting Club
    France/4

(50.)
    Bolívar La Paz
    Bolivia/2

(38.)
    Trabzonspor K Trabzon
    Türkiye/3

(55.)
    SC Internacional Porto Alegre
    Brasil/4

(46.)
    Olympiakos Pireas
    Greece/3

(51.)
    CF América Ciudad de México
    México/3

(33.)
    AJ Auxerroise
    France/4

(56.)
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Scotland/3

(79.)
    FK Partizan Beograd
    Srbija i Crna Gora/2

(40.)
    VfB Stuttgart
    Deutschland/4

(35.)
    FC Sochaux-Montbeliard
    France/4

2. angulo

angulo Red Card

Aug 14, 2004
    VAlencia number one!!!!

3. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    This has got to be from last season and still is not right as Valencia did not even play in the Champions League.

4. angulo

angulo Red Card

Aug 14, 2004
    thats not what iffhs says!!

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Is this a joke? How could Madrid be #4 and Barca #18? Barca were about 15-20 points better in La Liga than Madrid from Jan. 2004 to May. And they are 7 points better early this season. On top of that Barca won both meetings against Madrid in 2004.

Then you have Club Brugges ranked ahead of the European champs - I don't even need to comment on that anymore.

Maybe this ranking was for the year 1904? Either that or "Angulo" is just randomly listing some football clubs off the top of his head

6. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yep, that must be from last year. Valencia are terrible this season.

7. angulo

angulo Red Card

Aug 14, 2004
    nope this is for 2004, they evaluate the teams every 12 months, so the average of winning goes to the ches. this web site is the international federation of football history and statistics!!

www.iffhs.de

Congratulations to valencia, they are THE BEST TEAM ON THE PLANET!!

8. radharani108

radharani108 New Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Hawaii

My dear friend, you have a strange attraction to being illusioned. This does not help you in finding the truth.

9. angulo

angulo Red Card

Aug 14, 2004
    ummh the truth?? you think you are going to make me think that, the iffhs is wrong and you are right??
    lol!!

:D

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I've never been a big fan of BS American style rankings but I think the Fox rankings are much closer to reality. They have Barca #1 and Chelsea #2 (tough to argue with that). Meanwhile, Valencia is tied with Werder Bremen for #23. Considering those teams' position in the Champions League, its tough to argue that too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3042884

11. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    How is Real Madrid number 4???They are 10 points behind the leaders of their local league and are close to being eliminated in the champions league aswell.

12. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    One can always scrutinize any list...but the rankings are more or less accurate. With the exception of the Rangers...I personally feel the Scottish league is over-rated. PSG and Udinese are no where near the top 40 I believe [PSG is playing miserably in La Championnet and CL, while Udinese doesn't exactly scare the wits out of any one]

13. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    One can always scrutinize any list...but the rankings are more or less accurate. With the exception of the Rangers...I personally feel the Scottish league is over-rated. PSG and Udinese are no where near the top 40 I believe [PSG is playing miserably in La Championnet and CL, while Udinese doesn't exactly scare the wits out of any one]

I think the list gives credence to the EPL being the most competitive and strongest league in the world. Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester United are amidst the most feared clubs, while another half dozen are none to be taken lightly [e.g. Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa , Newcastle].

14. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    Real Madrid are 5th...they should be 6th, behind Arsenal in my humble opinion. I wouldn't write-off Real Madrid, if they manage to advance to the next stage of CL, Figo and Co., have the experience and skill to shut the lights out on a few favourites.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    valencia best club team this year?

Not anymore...Danke, W. Bremen!

16. rafaelj

rafaelj New Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    They're not my team, but I've been admiring Valencia in the last years for all that they were able to achieve despite living in the shadow of Real and BArca ... but today's match was really shameful for the them. There should have been even more red cards for Valencia.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    NOT ANYMORE!!! GO WERDER BREMEN. 0-2

18. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Here is how the IFFHS-ranking is coming about:

The World Club Ranking was started monthly since January 1st, 1991 and the information is globally distributed early in the following month. This ranking takes into consideration the results of twelve months of continental and intercontinental competitions, national league matches (including play-offs) and the national cup. In those countries having several national cup competitions, only the one organised by the national federation is included. Since the cup competition systems are diverse at the preliminary stage level, we assign only the points won in eight-finals, quarter-finals, semi-finals and the final. The points are assigned based upon a rating system of the level of performance of each national league. In the case of matches decided by penalty-kicks, each team receives half of the points in contention.

All national leagues are rated at four levels based upon performance. In this grouping, each country (where the club plays) is assigned a number indicating the performance level of each national league. Clubs in the highest level leagues receive 4 points for each match won, 2 for a draw and 0 for a defeat. Level 2 is assigned 3 pts. (win), 1.5 (draw) and 0 (lost), and so on with the next lower levels. The same system applies for the play-off matches.

In the continental competitions, all clubs receive the same number of points at all stages regardless of the performance level of their leagues. In the case of draws each team receives 50% of the points in dispute and 0 points for a lost match. The points are distributed equally to teams in matches decided by penalty-kicks. All Asia, Africa and CONCACAF continental competitions have the same point-assignment system: 8 points for a win, 4 for a draw; in the preliminary tournament phases for The Caribbean and Oceania zones, only 4 and 2 points are assigned for win and draw. In the South American competitions the clubs receive 12 points for a win, 6 for a draw; and in the European 14 and 7 points, respectively. Competitions between two continents are evaluated depending upon their importance. In the FIFA World Club Cup, the awarding system for wins and draws is determined by averaging the number of points assigned for wins and draws in each of the other continental competitions.

Those competitions not organized by a continental confederation, or any intercontinental events not recognized by FIFA, are not taken into consideration for the World Club Ranking. Any competition cancelled before completion alters the point system. In order to equalise the chances of South American and European clubs we do not consider the result of previous matches already played in said tournament.

The World Club Ranking is a precise classification showing the real level of the clubs free of any subjective influence. It is the result of a profound analysis that allows us to fairly report the level of international performance for each country.

19. BigSucker

BigSucker New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    MN+
    I quickly browsed the last post so correct me if I am wrong, but does this ranking system award the same amount of points for a Champions League win as they do a UEFA Cup win? If so, there is a glaring flaw in their equation.

20. angulo

angulo Red Card

Aug 14, 2004
    uefa its not comparable with the champions, but if you think of it. valencia in the last 5 years have achieved, two champions league finals, I think two leagues, and a uefa cup. They diserve to be number one in 2004. 2005 is a different story! sucks that winner bremen beat them. Maybe next year.

21. BigSucker

BigSucker New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    MN+
    Indeed Valencia has been strong for some time. It will be interesting to see if they recover from their current run of bad results.

22. angulo

angulo Red Card

Aug 14, 2004
    I think they will, the main problems of thier past 10 games is that they lost ayala, flabio aurelio and vicente.

vicente came in wender bremen, but after without 2 months playing. that doesnt help the team

ranieri must start mista for di vaio again. and get another good defender that can connect with, marchena, and ayala. CArboni is to old.