Vaca

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 1MADDOG, Sep 11, 2003.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    How is Vaca doing?

With Dallas going through their worse season ever, what are the odds of you trading him?

Any news about him not being included in the plans of the Bolivian National team? Does he have any thoughts of the BOlivian National teams new coach?

2. ScorchedEarth

ScorchedEarth New Member

Jun 9, 2003
    up until last game, he was progressing at a surprising clip. he didn't do much to support the hype until this season, but his last game was a setback. although he contributed defensively, which has been a problem with him, he had a terrible offensive effort that saw him give away balls from all over the field. and he didn't finish a perfectly setup one timer from ej that should've been buried. ouch.

but the players like the 'new' lineup and how vaca fits into it, so look for more confidence from him as his teammates support him.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    HELL NO

Vaca is the ONLY thing good out of this season, the kid has really surprised me. Before this season I was always wondering why/how he could be named Bolivian player of the year, becuase he just didn't produce, this year is another story, he's been running his ass off and kicking ass at that. It's a shame the rest of the team hasn't shown half the heart he has.

4. banbaseball

banbaseball Member

Oct 10, 2000
    East of the Bay
    b.davis.

5. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i am not sure when the burn season will be over, but if they are done by nov. 3, he would have the chance to be included on the roster for the games against argentina and venezuela.

both of those games are away games, so acclimatizing to the altitude should not be a factor.

however, many people have all but forgotten joselito. some bolivians in bolivia have told me that ever since that he went to MLS that he has sucked. many think that the MLS is worse than the bolivian league, which is false.

there is a stigma about going to MLS. no one EVER talks about etcheverry, moreno or vaca.

what formation does dallas play? where does vaca usually play?

6. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Vaca first came here Dallas, played a 3-5-2, with Vaca as attacking playmaker.

last year and this one Burn play a 4-4-2 with Vaca as right mid.

The last few games Burn have gone to a 4-5-1 (4-2-3-1 if you want to be more exact) with Vaca again in the central attacking mid/playmaker role.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    my bad, you're right. Ok he's one of the FEW things to go right this season.

8. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    I have more confidence, like his teammates, that he'll do well in this new lineup. Hopefully last week was an anomally and he'll show better posession.

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Congrats on your win last weekend! I read that Vaca didnt play, is he injured or is he not favored by the new coach?

3rd degree, Do you talk to the players when u attend their practices? If you are permitted, would it be possible to ask if he will be joining the national team on a game vs Honduras at RFK stadium? Since Bolivias loss to Uruguay, his name has been the most frequently mentioned as a super sub.

10. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clarke has said in the 4-3-3 (4-5-1 whatever) he needs real speed outside. That means Vaca and Davis are relly middle players for him in this formation. With two holding type guys in Deering and Pareja (or Stone) it is Vaca vs Davis for that center attacking role. So far it has been Davis under Clarke.

Yes I talk to players all the time. Unfortunately in this case I don't speak Spanish and Vaca does not speak English. So they most I have talked to him directly is to say hello. But he has said stuff to me through a translator. So in this case next time I go I will ask him through Oscar and tell you what he says.

11. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    THANK YOU!!

12. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ask him if he has spoken with acosta, the national team coach...whether he will be called into camp

can vaca play left wing? that is a glaring hole right now as the starter is out for awhile with a knee injury.

13. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Dude, I doubt anyone knows if their going to be called in by their coach.

I guess it depends what aspect the coach check things out. Given Dallas's record, it's not likely. However, Vaca has improved his play. The Bolivian league (according to Acosta) has a high level of skill, but the pace is slow. He benefits from a faster league, which includes bigger players.

If Acosta has checked out some of his key games, IM sure the phone call will come, but if he's going by what's on paper, I doubt it.

14. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I asked.

He is.

15. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    You are the man!

I also just read that he will be taking the place of Bolivias starting forwards on the trip since their mexican teams are not letting them go. Vaca and some other dude will be playing

Thank you 3rd degree.

16. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think Vaca may be an odd man out in the offseason reshuffling.

With Davis, O'brien (crossing fingers), Deering, Pareja, EJ, Curtis, Glinton, and new badass SI d-mid (crossing fingers) in the midfield....

And with no one left on defense after losing Bonseau and Morrow....

I see Vaca as part of a package to bring another defender to the Burn. I know there are a lot of assumptions above, but it just seems like the logical shakeout.

17. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    The little dude played well against Honduras, really stuck out for his team; though many of the players in the Bolivian Nats for this game had never played for the nats before.

Third Degree, any possibility you could write Vaca's reaction of the win and atmosphere in your next practice report?

I would like to have my friend use that link on his website. His website targets Bolivians who read better English then Spanish.

18. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I"m suprised you have both Deering and Pareja as locks. The time has come for both of them. And it's much easier to imagine Vaca staying if those two go.

19. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Deering and Pareja could be invaluable for this team next year, ON THE BENCH. We need someone like Davis or O'brien to step up at A-mid and we need a stud SI d-mid in the center of the field. If we had that, having guys like Deering and Pareja as our bench would be premium depth. If they only had to come in for late game situations, or only to fill in for injuries, we'd have the most experienced veteran subs in the league for that part of the field. The question is will they play for bench money.