Va-Va Voom, speeding into Old Trafford : the Anthony Martial thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ashur, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Well tell him to find a better agent. The club said we will let you leave but this is the buyout clause. Sevilla won't meet the loan fee or buyers fee as well as wages.

Part of me agrees that Man U should lower the loan fee to get him out but wages are also an issue or should United had no transfer fee and pay all his wages. How would you solve the situation?

2. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    It's a difficult situation but I think the club should do it's best to get him out

3. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

4. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis

So now he's basically saying his remarks about Martial after the Villa match was just an assumption. :eek::rolleyes:

5. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Apparently Spurs and Newcastle were willing to pay loan fees and take his wages but he turned them down.

This kid needs to come to terms that Spurs and Newcastle are his level. If he’s waiting around for Madrid and Barca to come knocking then he’s going to be here a while.

6. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    There's interest from Barca, Sevilla and Juventus. I think he should've taken the Spurs move. I think he just wants to get out of England itself so he rejected Spurs and Newcastle. He needs to get this situation solved immediately because I am tired of his shit.

7. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wait a minute, we can't be strengthening our direct rivals. What's are you lot complaining about????

jnielsen repped this.
  8. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    even if he went to Spurs he isn't getting in ahead of Kane outside of injury. wouldn't really call that strengthening.

all this is irrelevant anyway. for all this supposed interest the reality is no one has put in an official bid or suitable offer. that tells you everything you need to know.

no one else really believes in him either

9. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    He doesn't even believe in himself.

Anonymous_United and MizzouMUFC repped this.
  10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Barca are only interested in players they can get on a free or for a cut rate, thats why they're sniffing around. No shot they cover his 250k/week wages plus a loan fee. Same for Sevilla. Juve could maybe afford it, but they would be dumb to do so. But I guess Martial is better than Morata or Moise Kean, so maybe that interest is real.

I'd be fine letting him go to Spurs to be honest. He's not better than Kane or Son so he'd be a disgruntled bench player for them as well. Honestly, Newcastle would be a good move for him. He'd be an auto starter and the start player for them. He may be another big fish, small pond type of player that thrives in that environment. He's too mentally weak to make it at a big club.

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Martial won't be going anywhere this month by the looks of it. With the terms as United set them, no one can afford him now. Won't be much of a surprise if Barca try to offer us a Dembouz for Martial swap deal (if he stands firm on his decision not to re-sign with them).
    Too risky of a deal though to be seriously contemplated... Martial being back in the squad and in contention tomorrow, coupled with Ralf's words earlier today would suggest that things on that matter will be on pause until the end of the season, with Martial hopefully doing his part and contribute if and when he's called upon. Can be useful if he can be professional for the next few months and do the job he's nicely paid to do.

12. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    If he is any smart he should just play to audition and hopefully gets his move in summer.

13. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Or lost in translation. I mean have you not had anyone at your job think you said A when you said B. Why is Martial too good for an EPL loan. You defending him like he is your first cousin so explain that. The club should do what it can, well what the hell about the player. Take a EPL offer or take a pay cut! He wants out so bad maybe he should do more to make it happen.

Sofabloke repped this.
  14. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Never said he's too good for an EPL loan. I said he rejected both EPL teams because he just want to get out the country.

Go back up and you will see that. He's actually my brother by the way. Oh and its funny you only see me defending but missed the comments where I said I am tired of his shit or others when I said he should go and the club should do whatever to get him out. I guess that ruins your agenda or your just lost in translation. :eek:

15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martial to Sevilla looks to be heating up again, with talk that he's ready to accept a salary reduction to make it happen. Both clubs are talking with Monchi, Sevilla's Sporting Director, reportedly pushing hard for a deal to be done.
    Like Jesse, this one appears to be very much alive for the remaining days of the window. Honestly believed he was set to stay until the end of the season. It's clear also that yesterday didn't change a thing for Martial and he's just desperate to leave the club as quickly as possible. After getting booed by a section of the fans yesterday, who can blame him really?

16. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    and who can blame the fans as well..

17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't really care for the booing of players, unless they've done something really out of order. But we know full well how the British fans (gaslit by the press most of the time) can be.
    Pogba posts a religious picture yesterday and apparently had to take it down, following severe backlash from some fans. What is that about: just severely messed up and just shows how ignorant/easily manipulated some people actually can be...

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1368 Ashur, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022

Wish him the best of luck: he's not absolved of all responsability in regards to what happened with United, but at the same time he does need a break. Hope he gets in Spain: everything is set up for him to shine and if he can't make a positive impression, then it's on him.
    Will be keeping a close eye on him for sure... No buy option btw on this deal, so we'll see what happens this summer.

19. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Bye. I don't hate him but obviously you want guys that want to play and aren't afraid of a challenge. Hope he gets on and we get a good fee for him from someone so we can put that money to use strengthing the squad.

jnielsen repped this.
  20. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    I look at plenty MUFC fan channels and I remember seeing people say that they're too negative and causes more problems than anything. I've realized the past few seasons that this has been a fact.

Too many of these channels have caused their followers/subscribers to follow their agendas against certain players. A few of them are just as bad as these news outlets that spread propaganda.

Martial has been poor recently but if you listen to most of these channels you would think he has never had a good season and has been bad the past 5 seasons. Not too long ago he was our Players Player of the Year. Then he had his knee injury that had him out for like 6 months and has been off since.

When you hear people talk about the season when he started going downhill you always see the ones against him leave his injury out to help their agenda.

I'm glad he's gone out on loan.

jeff070 and benni... repped this.
  21. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wish Tony all the best. Hope it all clicks for him out there.

doubletrouble, jeff070 and benni... repped this.
  22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Confirmation that Sevilla will not be paying a loan fee. Would appear that United caved again: typical...

Side note, Martial and Lamela are now teammates... :laugh:

benni... repped this.
  23. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    All the best, its clear he has no future at OT.

jnielsen repped this.
  24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1374 Ashur, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    [​IMG]
    1486093470951424004 is not a valid tweet id

'A special gift for sevillistas on our 132nd Anniversary.'

25. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good riddance. Huge ceiling based on has ability but he just doesnt have the mindset for a big club. Doesnt do shit off the ball, seems mentally fragile, his form is too streaky, and frankly he's a guy that doesnt think he should have to fight for his place in the 11. Anyone with that mindset needs to go.

Thanks for what you've done for us, Sevilla should line up more with his ambitions and level.

Deadtigers repped this.