UVA vs Duke, not UNC [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by ukforunc86, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    That's not unlikely -- a lot of people in Durham hate Duke. (I know -- I went there.) Only 1,500 or so people graduate from Duke each year, and a smallish percentage of that group (A) grew up in North Carolina or (B) stays in North Carolina.

But someone has to do some serious dot-connecting to make me think our UK friend is actually someone else.

2. PB04

PB04 New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    I believe these innuendoes and accusations are uncalled for and out of bounds for this forum. Although I rarely agree with UKforUNC86 - I think he's right this time. I'm following him to the Big Soccer exit. I think you owe apologies to any individuals that you disparaged. Ciao

3. big bonnie

big bonnie New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    Apparently me, Fevernova and Sandon are all getting our information from the same lil birdie flappin his beak. I didn't believe it from the getgo but once I heard it mentioned from someone else I just assumed it might be true. The thing is no one will ever know cause we're all behind a computer. I say just end this right here and get back to talkin soccer.

4. Courtney

Courtney Member

May 14, 2000
    Massachusetts
    My goodness. This is what happens when I can't get on here until 11pm!

I don't understand how or why anyone made the connection either. As the moderator of this forum, I have access to the IP addresses of anyone who posts, and I do look to see if there are matches when there are similar posters.

Uk and LuvDaBears (let's leave names out of it if the people involved don't want their names in it. No matter how much you dislike a poster everyone deserves a certain amount of privacy and respect) don't post anything alike for one, and for another they have completely different IP addresses.

If bonnie and Sandon can PM me telling me where they got this "information," I am quite curious if it is from the same source that I got info from. I pm'd the source back asking why they made the connection with no response.

LuvDaBears has posted on this forum for years now and it upsets me that one of my regulars is having to deal with this.

From now on if anyone has any sock suspicions, they need to PM or email me saying who and why before coming on here and giving out names. Especially when giving out personal information and making accusations has absolutely nothing to do with what is going on. Just come to me first so I can check the situation out before it snowballs into the mess that is going on right now.

I would also like to apologize to all the new people who are judging this forum and this entire website based on this. This typically doesn't happen, as when a sock is suspected the people typically will let the moderator know the hows and whys and the situation is resolved before being made public.

I try to be pretty lenient and let you guys have your fun, and I really hate when other mods act like "nazis" or whatever, so I'd also hate to have to perform my duties the same way some of them do theirs, and I doubt you guys would enjoy that either.

Just behave, for crying out loud! When I get home from working at daycare I don't expect this from adults. Now knock it off!

5. collegesoccerfan#1

collegesoccerfan#1 New Member

Apr 21, 2002
    North Carolina
    Take a yellow card on this one bb. Why don't you call out the "lil birdie" who flapped his beak as quickly as you called out others earlier? You were absolutely wrong ... I know Drew personally, and I also know that ukforunc86 is in fact a student at UNC ... so we can get back to talkin soccer after an appropriate "I'm sorry, Drew" ... are you up to that?

6. collegesoccerfan#1

Apr 21, 2002
    North Carolina
    Sorry Courtney ... clicked submit before I saw your post ... feel free to delete mine if you think it's necessary.

7. Courtney

Courtney Member

May 14, 2000
    Massachusetts
    Just so all of you know, I have checked the IPs of every poster on this thread now, and if there are going to be problems like this I will continue to, and I will start cracking down on harmless socks as well...I must say I am a little surprised at the results, but as long as the socks and regular namers can behave I don't have a huge problem.

I am slightly dissappointed in some regulars.

8. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Who in Durham doesn't hate Duke?

9. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    A classmate of mine who now works for Duke Hospital.

There might be others, but I can't verify that.

10. FritoBandito

FritoBandito New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    US
    meanwhile back at the ranch....

........UVA plays ODU tonite in C'ville. The last two years, in-state (VA) schools have been taking advantage of UVA. Gelnovatch seems to have brough this team together with his distributed substitution pattern.

Courtney: my ip address is 213.64.74.31

11. big bonnie

big bonnie New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    already been done privately. But I also wasn't the first person to call out anybody, its just that you didn't get to see the posts cause they were edited.

12. collegesoccerfan#1

Apr 21, 2002
    North Carolina
    i'm sure that was appreciated ... if i had seen courtney's post first, i would have kept my $.02 out of it ... let's move on

13. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Leave me out of this pissing match, please.

I don't have a dog in this fight and don't care how it ends.

I do care about intelligent dialgogue about college soccer and lately there's been a lot less of that and a whole bunch of silliness and immature taunting and exchanging of insults.

Respect should be mutualy given and taken in terms of posts but that seems to have gone out the window.

Count me out of posting on here - on the college board - as long as it continues.