UVA vs Duke, not UNC [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by ukforunc86, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Re: UVA vs CupCake (DUKE)

You only missed him by a few years. :p

2. Courtney

Courtney Member

May 14, 2000
    Massachusetts

Actually I didn't really. I just didn't play my cards right. *sighs*

3. rtiemens

rtiemens Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Virginia

-- yes, on the first goal, the UVA left back was pinched up too high, and got toasted by the faster Wadsworth. It was a nice ball from the Duke defensive midfield. Wadsworth ran right onto it and you knew he would score as soon as he touched it.

-- I was hoping for a no-call as well, but it looked bad because the Duke player made sure to flail his arms and otherwise embellish the knockdown. He was convincing, though, and the ref pointed unflinchingly to the spot. As I recall, the Keeper guessed correctly, but didn't extend far enough to reach the PK which was shoulder high to the left of center.

-- and yes, I also agree it was a great crowd. 2532 I believe waas the announced attendance. They were pretty vocal (for a sit-down crowd). And they seem very knowledgeable of the game.

-- even when a man up, UVA's offense was atrocious. I though I was at a hockey game for most of the first half. UVA is up a man, and all they do is play a "dump-and-chase" offense. Long, high balls out of the back to a lone runner or two, usually heavily marked, with the ball going straight to Duke, who would promptly ice it, er, I mean, kick the ball into the next county, or launch a counter-attack. Frankly, I thought Duke looked more dangerous on its counter-attcks than UVA did on offense with the man advantage. UVA was much more dangerous playing to the feet of their forwards as opposed to serving in high balls. I do not know why they did not stick to the former.

-- this was emblematic of Duke's downfall in this game. The ref was *very* inconsistent in calling fouls, and Duke apparently took that to mean "foul at will". Both of their red cards were derserved, no doubt about it.

- Duke probably would have preserved their shutout down only one man, but the second red was their undoing. UVA, whose crosses were nothing short of horrible all night long, finally found some accuracy, with numbers now crashing the box with the two-man advantage. Gorgeous goal on a stinging header.

-- Once again, I thought Nico was easily the most skilled player on the pitch. And no, I'm not related, though I did talk to his brother during the game. ;)

-- Another fabulous goal. UVA knew what they had to do, and they did it.

-- Agreed again. Though I would say UVA is going to have to get better if they expect to beat Duke at even strength. This game was not even close, I am sad to say, before Duke started collecting red cards.

4. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill

Let's try to be mature though guys, seriously. Make a personal chat chat chat thread if you want to talk about personal chat.

5. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill
    Big Bonnie

Check out the ACC standings

6. big bonnie

big bonnie New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    wow, I was informed we had an imposter on board but I didn't believe it until now.

7. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA

At least Martino went to the school whose game is being discussed. Your argument would be legit if we were talking about the tool that is Jamie Watson.

;)

8. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill
    Big Bonnie

Win or lose UVA and Duke would have been a great match to watch....love a come back and hate to give up a 2-0 lead.....but with your records who can complain...

...imposter is correct....in fact to Duke and UVA supporters........UNC has not held up our end.....we are a sad 3-4-2 out of conf.....if this happens next year ....UNC should consider leaving the ACC.....

How many ACC sides made the NCAA and how many will get in this year?

Go ACC

9. Carolina

Carolina Member

Dec 6, 2000
    CONCACAF
    I think it was 6 of 7 last year. This year we've got 8

In
    UVA
    Duke

In unless they totally meltdown (ie If they lost all their last games it might get dicey
    Wake
    Maryland

A good shot
    UNC Go 2-1 in last 3, end 9-7-1 with strong strength of schedule

A possible shot
    NC State Go 3-1 in last 4, endi 9-7-1 with a decent strength of schedule
    Clemson Go 2-2 in last 4, end 9-8-0 with a decent s.o.s.

A long shot
    V tech must do better than 1-3 (which is probable) in last 4

10. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill
    thank you.....How many teams are invited total???? into the NCAA

11. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano

What do you mean by this statement, Bonnie?

12. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill
    Earlier in the season our results showed us to be ACC imposters but playing much better as of late....

Dont forget we gave away 2 games after leading 2-0 with 20 minutes left.....and you know how that feels....

We also lost 5 of 6 by only one goal.....our record could be much better with a break or two....

Although not playing as well as Duke, UVA, Wake and Maryland we could make some noise if we are lucky enough to get into the NCAA....

Although Big Bonnie forced me to defend UNC sad results, since this is really a UVA and Duke thread ...I will admit Duke and UVA has had a better results so Courtey dont yell at me to go back to UK.....

Let's see 2 ACC teams in the Final 4

13. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I was asking Bonnie.

14. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano

I was asking Big Bonnie.

15. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill
    I was answering Bonnie....because Bonnie was talking to me not you....and I thought you were a UNC supporter or do you just support Watson

16. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sandon Mibut

From that second group, a likely signee and top pick is Jamie Watson, an 18-year old sophomore forward at North Carolina who was Freddy Adu's strike partner on the U17 team and starts alongside him on the U20 team. He's got great talent but is a bit of a headcase and is currently clashing with his coach at UNC. I would expect him to go to RSL with one of the top two picks if he signs but if he's still there, he could definitely help the Fire with their scoring woes. Maybe not in year one, but in time.

posted by FevNova1
    "a bit of a headcase"?!? And your definition of a headcase is what?
    I'm disappointed in you. You mostly say good things about Watson, however, you apparently are now starting to believe some of the BS posted on BS by jealous wannabees and are ignoring what Watson's team mates and other coaches say about him. Also, you obviously haven't read 3rd Degree's evaluation of Watson. (He's a writer that covers the Burn).

Dear FevNova1 (Texan)
    .........FIRST THIS IS A UVA AND DUKE THREAD....you are going to get yelled at like me ....so if you want to BASH UNC and their coaches for not playing Watson 90 minutes......You should start a WATSON FOR 90 MINUTES THREAD

BTW ...UNC supporter love Watson but the team is more important than any one player

17. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    So you pulled this off the Chicago Fire Thread and posted it hear? What's your point?

BTW Drew... I mean UK, do you or Luvdabears know this guy?

18. big bonnie

big bonnie New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    HAHAHAHA, FeverNova, you answered your own question regarding the imposter. I've been bashin heads with someone I thought I was cool with. It's amazing how you can be anyone you wanna be on the computer. He also goes by the user names beach bum, and hang ten.

19. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA

Who's "UNC ST"? Is that UNC's Special Teams from the gridiron?

20. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill

Lads,
    So what is the point......Big Soccer asked for members to pay to join their website...and give their opinion and rib rivals...and if someone expresses an opinion that another member or maybe connected members to Big Soccer does not like.....the object become to identify a member and list their name, address and phone number......what is next....do we then put a rope around their neck and drag them with your pick up truck ..Texas style

I am not this Drew so please don't harm his repretation on my behalf.....

I was new to the site and maybe didnt understand your BS or American rules....so before you identify the wrong guy and harm him....I will stay off BS...

Big Bonnie, sorry, I thought I was doing the Duke vs UNC and did not mean it personally and FeverNova1 ..you are a Texas Homer who is pissed Watson is not playing 90 minutes and you could careless about UNC or the ACC...I read your posts...unlike the rest of us ...we love Football ......and in the US that is the ACC.......

Go ACC

21. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Still playing the UK thing.

Yes I'm a Watson fan that pulls for the homeboy no matter what team he's on, but I also want to see the team he's on do well. You were a little too quick to fire back on threads you posted on and apparently pissed off too many folks (other than me) so someone decided to call you out.

I'm a little surprised though that he would be such a Duke basher. You may love football, but you hate Duke.

22. graphro

graphro New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Big Bonnie,

Can you explain to me how you're connecting UK to this guy? You can PM me if you don't want to post it.

23. PB04

PB04 New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    I know Drew and I really doubt UKFORUNC86 is Drew. I don't think he is particularly fond of EITHER program - Duke OR UNC. In addition, he's knows a lot more about college soccer than UKFORUNC86. I think it's probaly unfair to both individuals to be throwing around 'accusations' (I'm not sure what you call it).

I'm probably naive, but I think UKforunc86 is probably an just enthusiastic UNC soccer fan from the UK.

24. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill

Thank you PB04,
    I have asked BS to cancel my membership today....not because of some idiot from Texas....but because I find it irresponsible on my part that I can come on a website as a 18 year kid and you adults would ruin the repretation of someone because of stupid stuff that I said.....I am a bored college kid living 4,000, miles from home....what is your excuse

If you guys have jobs how would you like someone to do this to you.....my opologizes to Drew

25. misoccer6

misoccer6 New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    chapel hill
    So disappointed in your ukforunc86. It's one thing to talk trash on B.S. but to impersonate someone you're not..come on..how can we take any stock in what you say or your opinions...we knew some of your "i personally talked to so and so was b.s.. if you want an interview with the guys on any of the teams, I bet all you'd have to do is ask them.. Quit beating up on the posters on the college sites.. Atleast some of the posters, (ie FeverNova1) have a true love for UNC. He's just concern of the lack of playing in the past but like the rest of us, looks like the team is turning in the right direction. Let's hope it's not too late. And yes, he is a Watson support, but also is Ashe, Harrington, McCarty, Storey, Williams, Hughes, Fumo, Merritt, etc..