UVA Clemson (r)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by kayasoleil, Oct 12, 2003.

1. kayasoleil

kayasoleil New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Virginia
    Uva beats clemson 3-2 on a goal in the last few minutes, after being up 2-0 at the end of the first half. I did not make it to the game.. does anyone have a match report other than the brief on the Cavs site?

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I didn't see the game but at this stage of the season, that's a good win for UVa. Hell, after starting 1-3, any win is a good win for the Cavs.

Even though they are just 6-5, they are tied for first place in the ACC at 3-1. They should be Duke and if they somehow manage an upset of the Terps, they'd win the ACC reg. season which would be an amazing accomplishment.

Aside from VCU, which will be tough, they should win their remaining non-con games. If they win three of those four (counting VCU) and split with Maryland and Duke, they'd be 10-7 heading to the ACCs and that should be enough to get them into the NCAAs, though a win at the ACC Tourney would certainly help.

Clemson, on the other hand, is in trouble. They're 5-5-2 and still have to play Maryland, Wake Forest and North Carolina. Realistically, they need to win two of those AND sweep their three remaining non-con games (App. State, Elon and Furman) or else they're gonna have to win the automatic bid at the tourney.

3. KinleyDog

KinleyDog New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    i was not at the match saturday, but from reading other boards, the folks there describe the game as a jekyl & hyde for uva. good play first half; not focused in second half. first goal by cristmann; second goal by hartman (first in collegiate career); winning goal by hall. there were also some comments about the clemson coach getting into it with the referees.

4. sheeplover

sheeplover Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Zidane's right foot
    Kayasoleil

Do you have the link to the game report?

Clemson will make the tournament if they beat 2 out of UNC, Wake and UMD and they have Wake and UMD at home so here's hoping.

5. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York