USWNT vs Spain, Oct 11 2022 in Spain

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by lil_one, Sep 23, 2022.

1. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was soo glad when Ellis was replaced. I thought Vlat would be a better option. Im not so sure now. Why? Player selection mostly. We have a team full of what I like to call "muckers." Semi skilled players that mostly do nothing special but knock the ball around. That is why we loose to a Spain "B" team and can't score goals. The only player we have with flair is Macario. When she plays, she lifts the whole team to another level and we look like a different team. Vlat must get rid of Pino, she was crap against Spain. Horan did nothing in either game. Something is wrong with Rose. She's not looking good either. If he continues with his selection of muckers, we will do nothing in the WC. He needs to find more skillful players that play at a higher level. They have to be out there somewhere...FIND THEM! Anson Dorrance once did it. Brought in new, young, skillful and fast players. He wasnt popular cause he cut senior players BUT it worked and it was the beginning of the USA as a womens soccer power. We need to follow his model

2. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    The issue with this team isn't player selection, it's tactics and formations and not playing to the strengths of the players we have on our current squad.

RalleeMonkey and Klingo3034 repped this.