USWNT vs. Germany Roster

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by mingyung, Oct 31, 2022.

1. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Thanks for all the Cat Mac info y’all. I am suitably informed now.

CAT FTW
    ( just stay healthy)

2. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    She has yet to prove anything internationally though with the USWNT. I would be quite surprised if she is the highest paid player in the world come contract time.

3. WoSoFan

WoSoFan Member

Dec 23, 2017

4. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    I simply made a statement that she has not proven anything at the international level, which you do not dispute.

Her youth career is not relevant anymore. There are many players who had great youth careers (and even spectacular college careers) that do not go on to excel internationally. How about we see if Cat earns it before we annoit her queen bee? Just a thought.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Macario looked very impressive against top twenty, Iceland(might of been mvp of that She Believes Cup toureny. looked good again in the two game set vs, but alas, the rather weakish, Uzbek squad. Las year she scored two goals at 2021 SBC in her starting debut vs Argentina, but a measley 8 minutes at the Olympics
    the woso world regards her very highiy; in this respectable list(as it guessed correctly the eventual Ballon d'or winner) it has listed Macario as the 5th best player in the world(even over Sam Kerr!). Impressive too that nearly everybody around her is more older/veteran-ish
    Women's Ballon d'Or 2022 Power Rankings: Putellas, Mead and the top contenders for the Golden Ball | Goal.com US
    sad part of this list is 4 of the 5 top are currently sidelined by ACL(as Beth Mead just got injured this last Sunday)

Namdynamo repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually I think Ada Hegerberg is currently out for other reasons and not for her previous ACL injury.

It's anyway a fact that there are too many top-players injured these days and too many of them will likely miss the World Cup next year. :(

7. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    For next year international matches like SBC. I'm thinking Australia, Japan, Brazil should be in it. I know the Europeans have their own tourneys while that's going on.

8. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Sam Kerr finished third in the Ballon d'or, ahead of Macario. But, that award is hard to respect when Trinity Rodman is nomitated for it. I love Trinity but she did not earn that yet. They just listen to the noise and nominate people. As you showed, Cat has yet to accomplish anything at the international level with USWNT. She has yet to play any significant minutes in a major event.

9. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Crushed about Beth Mead’s ACL injury.
    Greatest Footballer in the world.
    (Says Ms. Tobin Heath)

blissett repped this.
  10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Christen Press going to be envious!
    those best player lists tend to be euro-centric anyways, they don’t give one iota what happens in the NWSL or Concacaf. lol. Sophie Smith will have to win the World Cup is she wants to make it in those lists, but then, I thought Debinha wuz robbed anyways(of the NWSL/MVP award)

Namdynamo repped this.