USWNT: The Pool

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by kernel_thai, Nov 10, 2013.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    She has been a real eye opener for me. I also noticed Kim Little singled her out and had some very nice things to say about her game.

2. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yeah, most people were expecting her to be on the bench, with Rapinoe, Leroux, and Kawasumi starting.

3. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    1987 V0lvo entering the freeway from 0 to 60 MPH = 8.9 seconds
    Goebel's toe to Angerer's palm = 18.9 seconds

Carli Lloyd's shot of rocket azz = .09 seconds

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  5. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    hmm...i thought that after august they would pare down to october's wc qualification team. looks like they will be experimenting right up until the meaningful games.

risky. but they should be fine, with the easier route to qualification this time around.

6. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If the rumors of the September residency r true I think ull see some new faces...maybe by bringing them in for a week at a time to supplement the core group. Considering where Switzerland would fall on the NWSL calendar, maybe they r planning a short camp followed by the game.

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So, any thought on the "new faces"?
    GK
    Cameron (been in a couple times)
    CB
    Taylor
    Barnes
    OB
    Reed
    Mid
    Freels
    Nairn
    Edwards
    F
    McDonald (certainly stating her case but doesnt cry INT player)

What about players like Brooks, Tymrak, Robinson, Marshall? R they still on the list?

8. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    horan? - i know she's been in before.

pugh? have no idea if she's that good.

any other u20 standout.

9. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tiffany McCarty or Kealia Ohai, but I think they will really have to step up their game towards the end of the season.

Waldrum has Tiffany doing a lot better than last year, and Kealia is starting to look more like her old self after the ankle injury. They both need to add a wrinkle of sophistication to their game, in particular their shape and movement off the ball, before they get considered.

10. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pugh maybe for the Olympics.

11. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Isn't she like 15 or something?

12. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Yeh, that's why I said "maybe" the Olympics. She would be at least 18 by that time. With just about 3 years of U20 duty. She could take a spot kinda like J. Green did for the USMNT.

mamalia repped this.
  13. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Exciting player. Hopefully she continues on the good trajectory.

14. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Watching the Seattle/Flash game I'm surprised that Brittany Taylor hasn't been called up recently (or maybe ever) for the UNWNT.

15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Ohai needs to score some goals...if she had 5 or 6 goals on her sheet at this point she'd get a look because she is perfect for the 4-3-3

16. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I guess their chance to stake their claim is August in Canada. On the other hand Ellis seems to like them with a little mileage on them. Horan is already in the mix so it's hard to count her as a new face.

17. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    She's perfect for post OGs 2016, got no chance with the current squad.

18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I agree but that would rate a look...she isnt going to stick unless Ellis was prepared for a youth movement and it is just the opposite.

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The other thing I was thinking...instead of firing Sermanni they just should have given him Ellis job for the rest of his contract. He seems far more suited to building a viable US youth program than Ellis was.

lunatica, lil_one, mamalia and 1 other person repped this.
  20. worthyofbeing1

Oct 23, 2011
    Ohai is not going score goals with a midfield of Maser, Kyle and Edwards. That has to be one of worse midfields in the NWSL. She's more of wide midfielder. I don't think scoring a lot goals is her strength. I don't see her ever getting a call up with Ellis anyways.

21. RAMbunctious

RAMbunctious Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Brooks hasn't been called up since November of last year. Her current coach doesn't like her. She's slow and not a good passer. She should of just stayed in Europe.

Kealia is very similar to Oreilly. We all know how big soccer crowd feels about Oreilly.

22. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Regardless on who makes the roster, they will be pimping in style with the new World Cup kits.

[​IMG]

23. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Ohai has a better post up game than HAO so she can play some forward but she is prolly better as a wing. Still, if they r determined to play this 4-3-3 Id pick players who play it well like Ohai or Goebel over better forwards who r more suited to other formations.

24. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    lol this looks just like the barcelona jerseys. people got no creativity to make something new and unique
    upload_2014-7-3_19-47-9.png

25. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I don't agree with you at all (I think Ohai plays very well in a 4-3-3, Houston just doesn't have the team to support her), but even if she is exactly like HAO, she's only 22 and not yet reached her prime, whereas HAO is 29 and past her prime. So if Ohai is similar to HAO now, just wait until she's in her prime.

lunatica repped this.